Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Crysyn

Only help if you can be helpful

Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
    • Kittychanley

Offline Servers

Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
Emris

[TFC 0.78.17] BuildCraft <-> TFC Crossover Mod (WIP)

102 posts in this topic

Until you feel like you've found a good recipe for pistons, could you replace the ingot with a gear? They don't seem to hard to make currently.

Go all gregtech and make it difficult!

There is a lot of change in B77, many things will change in this mod also.

Pistons will not be needed anymore.

There is a lot of change in B77, many things will change in this mod also.

Pistons will not be needed anymore.

Sounds good, it just seems a little to easy to make the engines.

I know you have your hands full with this mod, but would it be possible for you to also eventually make a crossover for Thermal Expansion? Buildcraft on its own doesn't have much to actually use all this power on besides Quarries...

Thermal Expansion is closed source.

That makes it very hard to make a crossover mod that would need to make many changes to work with TFC.

But if i find some free time, i will take a closer look.

Just wanted to say this looks amazing, and I am looking forward to trying it out...as soon as it can get the rest of TFC firgured out.

Not sure if this has been asked, but has any testing been done to see if this crossover would allow things like Logistic Pipes to work?

Logistic Pipes is open source, so it's possible.

But i would have to take a closer look at how it could fit in this crossover mod.

first of all, thank you for this, so much, i cannot put to words how happy this makes me.

which is why i regret to ask one thing so much, why recode individual mods instead of setting up thought out and well planned equivalency for TFC metals to and from vanilla in the ore dictionary?

i know i know, across the board blanket compatibility probably isn't desired by the most hardcore of TFC fans and for good reason, but at the least it would save quite a lot of work modifying and recoding other mods to be compatible and for those more casually interested it could be enabled on demand and only for those who do want that widespread compatibility.

seriously though, thanks for all the work that's obviously been put into this and i'm also glad that balance has been kept on a short leash for this as well, it's a good choice to require TFC endgame materials for the automated mining and other higher tier BC things.

The links aren't working, can you fix this?

Never mind, it worked

Edit: The website seems to be bugged now...

where did you get tfc source? I cant find it anywhere :S

Did you use a decompiler? Because I wouldnt like to use that...

Is this working with b77 and 1.6?

Not yet .. but soon .. it's almost ready for B77

awesome, can't wait to try it!

Finished (or should i say, almost finished) version 0.8.B78 :)

Still needs a lot of testing, and also need to add 2 new transport pipes, but it's stable enough to start having fun with it :)

Can you actually build crafting tables in b78? Because as far as I have seen, you now don't get the item, you just get your on-character grid expanded.

I ask because a crafting table is required as an ingredient in the auto crafting table recipe.

You cannot, and this is actually intentional since many of the crafting handlers in the TFC code will only work with the crafting grid in the players inventory. For example, if you cheat in an automatic crafting table, and try to set it up to automatically cut the decay off of your food, you're going to end up with a bunch of completely useless food items that have no weight tags on them and will crash your game.

I think there are only two mods that would seek to benefit from this addon the greatest: Railcraft and/or Industrial Craft. Railcraft would be the easiest to intergate and would be the most gratifying.

You cannot, and this is actually intentional since many of the crafting handlers in the TFC code will only work with the crafting grid in the players inventory. For example, if you cheat in an automatic crafting table, and try to set it up to automatically cut the decay off of your food, you're going to end up with a bunch of completely useless food items that have no weight tags on them and will crash your game.

Sounds like it might be best to just not have that item, then!

...or maybe allow it anyway, and just acknowledge that it won't be able to correctly perform such things as pruning decay, which requires a level of human attention and judgement that machines cannot provide.

I use most of my free time to find and fix bugs in B79, so i didn't have much time to check all blocks or items and there purpose in the new TFC world.

But i will find time (soon) and take a closer look, and all items that don't make sense anymore will be disabled.

Btw the item sorter pipe isn't working, is this a bug or is it not implemented yet?

Reading the posts, I think my problem is, I'm trying to load your addon into b79 version. I'm not sure, here's crash report.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----// You should try our sister game, Minceraft!Time: 6/13/14 2:31 PMDescription: Exception getting block type in worldjava.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1at TFC.WorldGen.TFCWorldChunkManager.getRockLayerAt(TFCWorldChunkManager.java:445)at TFC.Core.TFC_Climate.getRockLayer(TFC_Climate.java:579)at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenFissure.getCollapseMap(WorldGenFissure.java:221)at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenFissure.generate(WorldGenFissure.java:114)at TFC.WorldGen.TFCChunkProviderGenerate.func_73153_a(TFCChunkProviderGenerate.java:200)at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:258)at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1248)at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:153)at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:166)at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:529)at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72798_a(World.java:414)at TFC.Blocks.Vanilla.BlockCustomFlowing.blockBlocksFlow(BlockCustomFlowing.java:374)at TFC.Blocks.Vanilla.BlockCustomFlowing.getOptimalFlowDirections(BlockCustomFlowing.java:338)at TFC.Blocks.Vanilla.BlockCustomFlowing.func_71847_b(BlockCustomFlowing.java:183)at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:617)at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:197)at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:657)at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Head --Stacktrace:at TFC.WorldGen.TFCWorldChunkManager.getRockLayerAt(TFCWorldChunkManager.java:445)at TFC.Core.TFC_Climate.getRockLayer(TFC_Climate.java:579)at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenFissure.getCollapseMap(WorldGenFissure.java:221)at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenFissure.generate(WorldGenFissure.java:114)at TFC.WorldGen.TFCChunkProviderGenerate.func_73153_a(TFCChunkProviderGenerate.java:200)at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:258)at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1248)at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:153)at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:166)at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:529)-- Requested block coordinates --Details:Found chunk: trueLocation: World: (224,136,-3248), Chunk: (at 0,8,0 in 14,-203; contains blocks 224,0,-3248 to 239,255,-3233), Region: (0,-7; contains chunks 0,-224 to 31,-193, blocks 0,0,-3584 to 511,255,-3073)Stacktrace:at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72798_a(World.java:414)at TFC.Blocks.Vanilla.BlockCustomFlowing.blockBlocksFlow(BlockCustomFlowing.java:374)at TFC.Blocks.Vanilla.BlockCustomFlowing.getOptimalFlowDirections(BlockCustomFlowing.java:338)at TFC.Blocks.Vanilla.BlockCustomFlowing.func_71847_b(BlockCustomFlowing.java:183)-- Block being ticked --Details:Block type: ID #2136 (tile.water // TFC.Blocks.Terrain.BlockFreshWaterFlowing)Block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000Block location: World: (224,136,-3249), Chunk: (at 0,8,15 in 14,-204; contains blocks 224,0,-3264 to 239,255,-3249), Region: (0,-7; contains chunks 0,-224 to 31,-193, blocks 0,0,-3584 to 511,255,-3073)Stacktrace:at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:617)at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:197)-- Affected level --Details:Level name: New WorldAll players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerMP['essenceoflove'/950, l='New World', x=120.50, y=147.00, z=-3440.50]]Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 759 Drop: 0Level seed: -9133568375888967826Level generator: ID 00 - DEFAULT, ver 1. Features enabled: trueLevel generator options:Level spawn location: World: (120,147,-3441), Chunk: (at 8,9,15 in 7,-216; contains blocks 112,0,-3456 to 127,255,-3441), Region: (0,-7; contains chunks 0,-224 to 31,-193, blocks 0,0,-3584 to 511,255,-3073)Level time: 37 game time, 576037 day timeLevel dimension: 0Level storage version: 0x04ABD - AnvilLevel weather: Rain time: 78413 (now: false), thunder time: 154105 (now: false)Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: trueStacktrace:at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:657)at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

Reading the posts, I think my problem is, I'm trying to load your addon into b79 version. I'm not sure, here's crash report.

79 of TFC isn't released yet. The only way you could have loaded the addon into b79 is if you got the code off of github and compiled it yourself.

You didn't include the entire crash report, so there is no statement of what version of Minecraft, or of TFC you are using.

My mistake, I thought we were on b79. Here's the full crash report. Okay, when I put the addon back in, it worked. I must of done something incorrect the first couple of times. Sorry about this, and thank you for your timely response.