Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Emris

[TFC 0.78.17] BuildCraft <-> TFC Crossover Mod (WIP)

98 posts in this topic

Thermal Expansion is closed source.

That makes it very hard to make a crossover mod that would need to make many changes to work with TFC.

But if i find some free time, i will take a closer look.

Just wanted to say this looks amazing, and I am looking forward to trying it out...as soon as it can get the rest of TFC firgured out.

Not sure if this has been asked, but has any testing been done to see if this crossover would allow things like Logistic Pipes to work?

Logistic Pipes is open source, so it's possible.

But i would have to take a closer look at how it could fit in this crossover mod.

first of all, thank you for this, so much, i cannot put to words how happy this makes me.

which is why i regret to ask one thing so much, why recode individual mods instead of setting up thought out and well planned equivalency for TFC metals to and from vanilla in the ore dictionary?

i know i know, across the board blanket compatibility probably isn't desired by the most hardcore of TFC fans and for good reason, but at the least it would save quite a lot of work modifying and recoding other mods to be compatible and for those more casually interested it could be enabled on demand and only for those who do want that widespread compatibility.

seriously though, thanks for all the work that's obviously been put into this and i'm also glad that balance has been kept on a short leash for this as well, it's a good choice to require TFC endgame materials for the automated mining and other higher tier BC things.

The links aren't working, can you fix this?

Never mind, it worked

Edit: The website seems to be bugged now...

where did you get tfc source? I cant find it anywhere :S

Did you use a decompiler? Because I wouldnt like to use that...

Is this working with b77 and 1.6?

Not yet .. but soon .. it's almost ready for B77

awesome, can't wait to try it!

Finished (or should i say, almost finished) version 0.8.B78 :)

Still needs a lot of testing, and also need to add 2 new transport pipes, but it's stable enough to start having fun with it :)

Can you actually build crafting tables in b78? Because as far as I have seen, you now don't get the item, you just get your on-character grid expanded.

I ask because a crafting table is required as an ingredient in the auto crafting table recipe.

You cannot, and this is actually intentional since many of the crafting handlers in the TFC code will only work with the crafting grid in the players inventory. For example, if you cheat in an automatic crafting table, and try to set it up to automatically cut the decay off of your food, you're going to end up with a bunch of completely useless food items that have no weight tags on them and will crash your game.

I think there are only two mods that would seek to benefit from this addon the greatest: Railcraft and/or Industrial Craft. Railcraft would be the easiest to intergate and would be the most gratifying.

You cannot, and this is actually intentional since many of the crafting handlers in the TFC code will only work with the crafting grid in the players inventory. For example, if you cheat in an automatic crafting table, and try to set it up to automatically cut the decay off of your food, you're going to end up with a bunch of completely useless food items that have no weight tags on them and will crash your game.

Sounds like it might be best to just not have that item, then!

...or maybe allow it anyway, and just acknowledge that it won't be able to correctly perform such things as pruning decay, which requires a level of human attention and judgement that machines cannot provide.

I use most of my free time to find and fix bugs in B79, so i didn't have much time to check all blocks or items and there purpose in the new TFC world.

But i will find time (soon) and take a closer look, and all items that don't make sense anymore will be disabled.

Btw the item sorter pipe isn't working, is this a bug or is it not implemented yet?

Reading the posts, I think my problem is, I'm trying to load your addon into b79 version. I'm not sure, here's crash report.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----// You should try our sister game, Minceraft!Time: 6/13/14 2:31 PMDescription: Exception getting block type in worldjava.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1at TFC.WorldGen.TFCWorldChunkManager.getRockLayerAt(TFCWorldChunkManager.java:445)at TFC.Core.TFC_Climate.getRockLayer(TFC_Climate.java:579)at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenFissure.getCollapseMap(WorldGenFissure.java:221)at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenFissure.generate(WorldGenFissure.java:114)at TFC.WorldGen.TFCChunkProviderGenerate.func_73153_a(TFCChunkProviderGenerate.java:200)at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:258)at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1248)at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:153)at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:166)at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:529)at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72798_a(World.java:414)at TFC.Blocks.Vanilla.BlockCustomFlowing.blockBlocksFlow(BlockCustomFlowing.java:374)at TFC.Blocks.Vanilla.BlockCustomFlowing.getOptimalFlowDirections(BlockCustomFlowing.java:338)at TFC.Blocks.Vanilla.BlockCustomFlowing.func_71847_b(BlockCustomFlowing.java:183)at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:617)at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:197)at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:657)at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Head --Stacktrace:at TFC.WorldGen.TFCWorldChunkManager.getRockLayerAt(TFCWorldChunkManager.java:445)at TFC.Core.TFC_Climate.getRockLayer(TFC_Climate.java:579)at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenFissure.getCollapseMap(WorldGenFissure.java:221)at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenFissure.generate(WorldGenFissure.java:114)at TFC.WorldGen.TFCChunkProviderGenerate.func_73153_a(TFCChunkProviderGenerate.java:200)at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:258)at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1248)at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:153)at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:166)at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:529)-- Requested block coordinates --Details:Found chunk: trueLocation: World: (224,136,-3248), Chunk: (at 0,8,0 in 14,-203; contains blocks 224,0,-3248 to 239,255,-3233), Region: (0,-7; contains chunks 0,-224 to 31,-193, blocks 0,0,-3584 to 511,255,-3073)Stacktrace:at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72798_a(World.java:414)at TFC.Blocks.Vanilla.BlockCustomFlowing.blockBlocksFlow(BlockCustomFlowing.java:374)at TFC.Blocks.Vanilla.BlockCustomFlowing.getOptimalFlowDirections(BlockCustomFlowing.java:338)at TFC.Blocks.Vanilla.BlockCustomFlowing.func_71847_b(BlockCustomFlowing.java:183)-- Block being ticked --Details:Block type: ID #2136 (tile.water // TFC.Blocks.Terrain.BlockFreshWaterFlowing)Block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000Block location: World: (224,136,-3249), Chunk: (at 0,8,15 in 14,-204; contains blocks 224,0,-3264 to 239,255,-3249), Region: (0,-7; contains chunks 0,-224 to 31,-193, blocks 0,0,-3584 to 511,255,-3073)Stacktrace:at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:617)at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:197)-- Affected level --Details:Level name: New WorldAll players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerMP['essenceoflove'/950, l='New World', x=120.50, y=147.00, z=-3440.50]]Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 759 Drop: 0Level seed: -9133568375888967826Level generator: ID 00 - DEFAULT, ver 1. Features enabled: trueLevel generator options:Level spawn location: World: (120,147,-3441), Chunk: (at 8,9,15 in 7,-216; contains blocks 112,0,-3456 to 127,255,-3441), Region: (0,-7; contains chunks 0,-224 to 31,-193, blocks 0,0,-3584 to 511,255,-3073)Level time: 37 game time, 576037 day timeLevel dimension: 0Level storage version: 0x04ABD - AnvilLevel weather: Rain time: 78413 (now: false), thunder time: 154105 (now: false)Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: trueStacktrace:at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:657)at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

Reading the posts, I think my problem is, I'm trying to load your addon into b79 version. I'm not sure, here's crash report.

79 of TFC isn't released yet. The only way you could have loaded the addon into b79 is if you got the code off of github and compiled it yourself.

You didn't include the entire crash report, so there is no statement of what version of Minecraft, or of TFC you are using.

My mistake, I thought we were on b79. Here's the full crash report. Okay, when I put the addon back in, it worked. I must of done something incorrect the first couple of times. Sorry about this, and thank you for your timely response.

Ok then, i had to recode the oil gen (almost) from scratch, but it's much better now, at least i think so :P

Ok then, i had to recode the oil gen (almost) from scratch, but it's much better now, at least i think so :P

awesome

Hi,

i have this craft report wheen i install it :

http://pastebin.com/dg695jQq

I have tested on server, on client with custom launcher and on official launcher.

Only Terrafirmacraft is installed ( i have removed Better grass and leaves ) :

Minecraft Vanilla 1.6.4

TFC-0.78.17.jar

1.6.4_BCTFCcrossover-0.9.B78.zip

1.5.1_BuildCraft-3.5.3_TFC-B76HF18.zip ( strange it a 1.5.1 version ? )

1.6.4-forge-9.11.1.965 is installed.

In the first page, i read :

=> 1.5.1_BuildCraft-3.5.3_TFC-B76HF18.zipCompiled with Forge v7.7.2.679

It normal for the forge version ?

Sorry for my poor english but French.