Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Emris

[TFC 0.78.17] BuildCraft <-> TFC Crossover Mod (WIP)

98 posts in this topic

Hi,

Thanks, it works.

Have you a seed for testing oil spawn.

After many test and go in south for searching oil i don't found oil.

I have change de value for oil spawn from 1.0 to 10.0 same problem.

Found two in my test world, one on land after finding another at sea. The surface seepage seems like the best way to spot them, and I like how it's not like standard BC with just a hole plunging straight down to the oil. Should make prospecting for oil as fund as for TFC ores and minerals.

Rotarycraft is a nicely done mod, but i can't see how it would fit into TFC. It's just too high tech for TFC, imho. (it even has a movie projector 0.o)

And there is a lot of items&blocks which would need a TON of work to properly integrate into the TFC world.

Sorry, but i'd rather invest that time in coding TFC ;)

Rotarycraft is a nicely done mod, but i can't see how it would fit into TFC. It's just too high tech for TFC, imho. (it even has a movie projector 0.o)

And there is a lot of items&blocks which would need a TON of work to properly integrate into the TFC world.

Sorry, but i'd rather invest that time in coding TFC ;)

I was more thinking of parts of the power system. Like water wheels than can power mills and stuff like that... not the mod in it's whole maybe.

I was trying this out today and found a significant bug you might wish to try and confirm:

Mining wells and quarries transmute some TFC blocks.  For instance, all ores pop out at standard 25 unit quality, regardless of whether they might have been poor or rich before extraction.  Marble turns to rock salt. Dolomite turns to rock salt. Chert turns to limestone. Etc., etc.

Thanks for putting this together.

That is probably because the code for mining wells and quarries are all from BC, and some of the blocks are ok the way they are, but i was(am) planing on converting a few blocks, like the mining well, into multiblock structures, that need certain materials to function properly.

You will, for example, need water proof pipes to drill for oil or water. So if you want to drill 80 blocks deep, you will need 80 pipes to get there :)

Found another conversion error to watch for--bituminous coal mined by a quarry comes at as...bituminous coal. Not sure it can actually be used for anything, since it's not "coal" as standard. I'll be trying it on a lignite vein probably tomorrow to see what happens; I'm guessing it will also return lignite as an item rather than coal.

Yeah, the quarry is also all BC code, will try to finish all that in a few weeks :P

Yeah, the quarry is also all BC code, will try to finish all that in a few weeks :P

That would be awesome. Any plans for the engine recipes?

The pipes don't seem to actually work properly in a lot of cases from what I can tell. Are they still WIP? For instance, the blue steel pipe doesn't seem to actually filter anything and I can get an interface to open for the red steel pipes. Also, should we still be able to craft/use the wood, obsidian, and lazuli pipes?

Interesting, i tested all the pipes and they worked, i guess i need to test them some more :P

Wood, obsidian, and lazuli pipes should not be craftable, i'll look into that also.

Should be "can't" on getting that red steel pipe interface to open...For these, I tested in a map where I could use the standard pipes, for instance the diamond in place of blue steel, and the diamond sorted but blue steel didn't. I set it up with a quarry block harvesting marble (turning into rock salt). Tin pipe on the quarry for extraction, sending to a blue steel pipe to sort rocks from dirt, with a chest on either side (the red and blue output sides). With blue steel in that configuration, the material just went randomly to either chest regardless of filters set in the interface. When replaced with diamond, the filters worked properly. If you need me to test out any specific stuff, I'm happy to.

For the craftable standard pipes, I actually discovered that on the TFC Forever server. After finding some obsidian, I was flipping through NEI to see what all it could craft and was surprised to see the pipes. I tried it, and it worked. Then I dug around and found that wood and lapis worked as well. I believe there was one more I found, but can't recall it right now.

Found another conversion error to watch for--bituminous coal mined by a quarry comes at as...bituminous coal. Not sure it can actually be used for anything, since it's not "coal" as standard. I'll be trying it on a lignite vein probably tomorrow to see what happens; I'm guessing it will also return lignite as an item rather than coal.

I submitted a pull request to TFC 0.79 (https://github.com/Deadrik/TFCraft/pull/587) which fixes the item drops for those ores.  But you will have to wait for 0.79 for it.

The project is already updated to 1.7.10 and running smoothly, all i need to do now is add the new BC stuff and do some rebalancing so everything fits into B79.

But because of sooo many new things on both sides, it may take some time before i'm done.

I would also like to add a few new things like the rubber tree, and maybe change a few machines to multipart structures and some other things too :)

All i can say is, i'll do my best to finish it as fast as possible :)

The project is already updated to 1.7.10 and running smoothly, all i need to do now is add the new BC stuff and do some rebalancing so everything fits into B79.

But because of sooo many new things on both sides, it may take some time before i'm done.

I would also like to add a few new things like the rubber tree, and maybe change a few machines to multipart structures and some other things too :)

All i can say is, i'll do my best to finish it as fast as possible :)

Have you pushed the newest code to Github? 

I'm not sure if there is a TFC deopf file that you can download, i always build one from the TFC master branch.

I am really looking forward to a version that will work with TFC v79 :D

Anything new Emris?