Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

0.77.11 bug and translation mistake

162 posts in this topic

To report you bug, follow the rules please.

• [*]
Use the template to report your bug, in the description, please be clear, give detail and explain how to reproduce it.
  [*]You can report a bug here even if it was reported elsewere.
  [*]Please check the bug listed here before reporting it again

I will update this list as soon as I can reproduce a bug, and only if I can reproduce it.
I will test them again upon release of a new hotfix.
All the bugs have been tested for hotfix 14.

Note : this is not an official tread but I hope it will get enough attention to bring us some fix.

Template

[b]Bug report[/b][u]Suggested name:[/u][u]Suggested category:[/u] Severe-Annoying-Minor[u]Description:[/u] [/size][u]Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?:[/u] Yes-No[u]Pastebin of the error report if this bug produces one[/u]

Bug list

Old bugs

Wrong drop when breaking grass (issue #63)
Suggested category: Minor
Description: When breaking a piece of grass (dirt id 191) you get the wrong color of dirt (dirt id 190)

TFC book (TFC books have been disabled as they are buggy) it is normal that they do not work.
Suggested category: Annoying
Description: Trying to write books does not work. Placing a book (a TFC book) into the scribing table does not update the GUI. When you exit the scribing table and then reopen the GUI, the "Write" button does show up. However, clicking it does nothing.

Bioxx said he wantto remove the scribing table in build 78.

Charcoal pit on grass
Description: Sometime, when you make a charcoal pit on grass/dirt, the middle block (where you putted the firepit) sometime behave in a strange manner. When you dig the charcoal on this bloc, even if there is no visible charcoal, you seem to hit an invisible block where the firepit was. If you dig the dirt block righ under it, you discover more charcoal that you can harvest. It happened once in my survival world and It happen one 1 of the 3 firepit I made in creative to test (with a 2 full logpile high charcoal pit). (The time I was ablo to reproduce it, I dug the middle part first then I fell in the hole and the game tried to push me (as when a block affected by gravity like sand fall on your head and push you)).

Sheared sheep drop

Suggested category: Known issue
Description:Killing sheared sheep yields only mutton but no raw hide (shearing a sheep shouldn't somehow make its skin disappear too).

Book recipe
Description: The Vanilla book recipe is not shapeless as in Vanilla Minecraft. If you don't make it shapeless, please update the wiki. The recipe is leather in bottom left or right corner and 3 papers vertically in the middle. In general this page of the wiki should have a bit more information.

Fruit tree leaves disappear when harvesting
Description: When harvesting fruits in tree, sometimes the leaves disappear. The only time it happened is when there is 2 blocks with fruits in front of you and you harvest the second block. When you do, the fruit drop as usual and the first block disappear.

Also, when trying to place a hammer into a stone anvil, if the hammer is in your bottom 9 inventory slots it just drops to the ground. The only way to get it INTO the anvil is to have 2 hammers, one to make the stone an anvil, and another in your upper inventory slots which can be moved onto the anvil.

This only started as of HOTFIX 12

Actually the dropsies is anything you have in the hotbar period.

Found another HOTFIX 12 glitch...

When you are cooking items, they stack in the result tray (such as in a firepit, etc). Ever since Hotfix 12, the items will stack but the number telling you how MANY are there is missing.

Still, when you collect your cooked food/torches/etc you still get the proper amount - it's just annoying that you don't know how many you've made until you collect them.

Also, certain mobs are dropping little squares that say "texture missing" (I think I saw that posted already but worth mentioning twice)

I smell a hotfix 13 rather soon?

As we are now at hotfix 14, I'll test the issues and add what I can confirm is still buggy.

Ironside and Holy_Shield, the hotfix 12 to 14 improved the shift-click behavior. You can shift click hammer. You can also shift-click from you hotbar. I think that they tried to improve it for 12, but made a mistake that they fixed in 13 an 14.

Ironside, I can confirm the firepit issue, I will add it to my list. Will have to slay mod to check for the unknown item.

-----

It's now updated for hotfix 14. Anobody know hot to change a post title?

See if you can confirm this -

Bug report:

Description: In multiplayer, trying to write books does not work. Placing a book (a TFC book) into the scribing table does not update the GUI. When you exit the scribing table and then reopen the GUI, the "Write" button does show up. However, clicking it does nothing.

What is the recipe for a book, I tried the same as vanilla an got nothing. I can confirm it is not working in creative.

I also added the metallurgy table gui problem reported by O.E.C.

Still have a couple of older bug reports I want to text as I don't know if they are fixed.

You craft vanilla books using 3 paper and a TFC leather. The paper must be stacked vertically in the middle. Then you put the vanilla book into the crafting grid again to turn it into a TFC book (which has weight and size).

Careful with creative mode by the way, it is explicitly unsupported in TFC and creative-spawned items are not guaranteed behave like regularly acquired ones. (Though spawning in the mats and then crafting an item regularly works fine)

I usually double check the bugs, once in creative and once in survival. As far as I know, the bugs I tested in creative also show in survival.

For the book recipe, I got it. and the leather must bu in left or right corner.

Just figured out how to change the title.... that was over easy...

Edited by aliceingame

Any word on whether or not they are working to fix the issue with leaves not disappearing when chopping down trees and server crashes when trying to clear sequoia leaves?

I was at work today and a friend of mine tried cleaning up all the floating leaf clutter and accidentally crashed the server (which I couldn't bring back online until after work - kinda made a lot of people unhappy... lol)

I guess they know about it. I also know that some people reported that breaking leaves sometimes crash the game, but I was not able to reproduce it. I only had willow tree to try it on and it was working well (i mean, breaking the leaves was not crasing the game). I'll try sequoia next.

I wrote a message to Dunk and Bioxx asking them if it's possible to check the bugs I listed and if t hey can tell if they are looking to fix it or if it's coniderd to be normal and I got no answer. So I'll wait for an answer or for a new hotfix to test everything again.

With Hotfix 14, grown tree (not generate when the map is generate) don't render leaves, they're here and can be broke but invisible

I can not confirm this one. All the tree that grew on my map had leaves. Do you have this problem with all the tree or only some kind? Can you try it on a different world know it the issue is not related to your world.

after a few tests, only appear with B:enableInnerGrassFix=false in TFCOPTIONS.CFG

Bug report:

Suggested name: Firepit Animation

Description: When a firepit burnout it still retain the fire animation.

Bug report:

Suggested name: Food Crumbs passing through the blocks

Description: When you eat food the crumbs pass behing some blocks in front of you.

Posted Image

Here they pass behind all the chests.

Posted Image

In the second image the crumbs pass in front of the anvil, metallurgy table and scribe table but behind the bars placed on the floor.

They also pass behind placed signs.

I think that the second issue might be related to chest only. You can see that the chest are rendered in front of the waypoints too.

P.S. thanks for reporting the bugs here too. i'll add them to the list and will test #3 and 4 of your topic.

Edit 1 : First bug in texture, second in other. I'll also rework my list to add title.

Edit 2 : I made a high charcoal pit covered by dirt. When it turned to charcoal, the dirt fell. Of course, it will be "floating" over any partial charcoal block. So I would say that it is working. For the plank on sapling bloc, I confirm, added to the crash category.

Edited by aliceingame

The charcoal pit worked fine for you? Cause i made one and after 5 real hours the wood in the corners was still wood and not charcoal and catched fired normally like i just finished making the pit.

Edit: I use Optifine, Reis minimap and CraftGuide. Dont know if that matters to this report.

Edited by SalsAmorim

aliceingame that crumbs problem doesnt happen only in chests. It also happen with signs and pilled ingots as i mentioned before.

I was not exactly able to reproduce it... but still it's in the list

Suggested name: Tree leaves crash

Description: Breaking the leftover leaves after cutting down a seqouia (those giant christmas tree thing-ys) causes a crash. test twice by one of my users when i was not present.

Crash Report 1:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Why did you do that?

Time: 4/26/13 2:01 AM

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/CallableLvl1

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72821_m(World.java:856)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72898_h(World.java:780)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72851_f(World.java:735)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72832_d(World.java:567)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_94571_i(World.java:682)

at net.minecraft.block.Block.removeBlockByPlayer(Block.java:1625)

at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73079_d(ItemInWorldManager.java:275)

at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73084_b(ItemInWorldManager.java:331)

at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73082_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:238)

at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72510_a(NetServerHandler.java:500)

at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet14BlockDig.func_73279_a(SourceFile:46)

at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:461)

at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:134)

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:53)

at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(SourceFile:30)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:674)

at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:274)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:570)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:468)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.5.1

Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 2.6.18-308.20.1.el5.centos.plus

Java Version: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 3573494056 bytes (3407 MB) / 4100128768 bytes (3910 MB) up to 4100128768 bytes (3910 MB)

JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M

AABB Pool Size: 5459 (305704 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 5062 (283472 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 3915, allocated: 1, tallocated: 63

FML: MCP v7.44 FML v5.1.13.629 6 mods loaded, 6 mods active

mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

mod_SmartMoving [smart Moving] (Smart Moving Universal for ModLoader or Minecraft Forge or MCPC+.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

mod_SmartRender [smart Render] (Smart Moving Universal for ModLoader or Minecraft Forge or MCPC+.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

TerraFirmaCraft [TerraFirmaCraft] (TFCraft-Universal-Core-B2-Build76Hotfix14.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: 1245 (69720 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1061 (59416 bytes; 0 MB) used

Player Count: 2 / 64; [EntityPlayerMP['Arteis'/221, l='world', x=146.32, y=155.00, z=-13283.40], EntityPlayerMP['Rasengetsu'/214372, l='world', x=154.20, y=155.00, z=-13284.56]]

Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

Crash Report 2:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Ooh. Shiny.

Time: 4/25/13 11:20 PM

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/CallableLvl1

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72821_m(World.java:856)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72898_h(World.java:781)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72851_f(World.java:735)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72832_d(World.java:567)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_94571_i(World.java:682)

at net.minecraft.block.Block.removeBlockByPlayer(Block.java:1625)

at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73079_d(ItemInWorldManager.java:275)

at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73084_b(ItemInWorldManager.java:331)

at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73082_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:238)

at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72510_a(NetServerHandler.java:500)

at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet14BlockDig.func_73279_a(SourceFile:46)

at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:461)

at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:134)

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:53)

at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(SourceFile:30)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:674)

at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:274)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:570)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:468)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.5.1

Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 2.6.18-308.20.1.el5.centos.plus

Java Version: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 2926408800 bytes (2790 MB) / 4239523840 bytes (4043 MB) up to 4239523840 bytes (4043 MB)

JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M

AABB Pool Size: 5333 (298648 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 4892 (273952 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 801, allocated: 1, tallocated: 63

FML: MCP v7.44 FML v5.1.13.629 Minecraft Forge 7.7.1.629 6 mods loaded, 6 mods active

mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

mod_SmartMoving [smart Moving] (Smart Moving Universal for ModLoader or Minecraft Forge or MCPC+.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

mod_SmartRender [smart Render] (Smart Moving Universal for ModLoader or Minecraft Forge or MCPC+.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

TerraFirmaCraft [TerraFirmaCraft] (TFCraft-Universal-Core-B2-Build76Hotfix14.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: 1987 (111272 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1129 (63224 bytes; 0 MB) used

Player Count: 1 / 64; [EntityPlayerMP['Arteis'/739763, l='world', x=121.45, y=155.00, z=-13320.08]]

Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

Suggested name: Placing plank on sapling

Suggested category: Crash

Description: Placing a plank in a sapling block crash the game. I have been reported as a possible world corrupting issue (not confirmed)

This bug happens with any other block. If you try to place a plank in any block that is already ocupied with an object, so saplings, torches, signs, etc

Yesterday i came across a bug but i can replicate it today. I was trying to remove an tool out of a tool rack with a stone in your hand. It opened the knapping gui and the game crashed. But today its working ok. It still opened the knapping gui but it dont crash. Can anyone try that out?

Edited by SalsAmorim

Suggested name: Chiseled wood block does not prevent rain from cooling firepit.

Suggested category: Game Mechanic

Description: I was cooking with 7 firepits in a large building with a full chiseled roof. As soon as it started to rain outside the firepits all cooled off and refused to consume fuel, despite no rain actually reaching the firepits.

@aeroc: That's an issue with all transparent blocks, actually. You'll see the same if you have a roof made of glass, for example. Difficult to say if that's a bug or simply a design limitation in Minecraft's engine.

Here's a new report in the meantime:

Suggested name: Cold bloomery eats metal

Description: This happens when there is leftover metal in the bloomery and you let it cool off. I ran out of molds while smelting one day, and thought I could just leave the metal in the bloomery for later. But no: when I re-heated the bloomery an hour later, waited until it was nice and hot, and then inserted a mold, all remaining metal (more than three molds' worth) instantly drained from the bloomery and the mold remained empty. Furthermore, the mold refused to stack with any other molds afterwards. Relogged to see if it was just a display issue, but it persisted. I was later able to use the mold in a firepit to smelt ore manually, though, so it was definitely still considered empty.

Build 76.14, SMP.

Omicron, I tought that is was intended that leftover metal would disappear. The "easy" solution to solve this bug is to put mold in the bloomery even if it's cold. You will get full mold at the temperature of the bloomery (in this case, cold one). As for the mold, if you start cooking a clay mold and don't finish the cooking, these mold won't stack with net mold, however, they are still usable.

Still I guess we can ask for clarification about these issues.

Bug report

Suggested name: support beam bug

Suggested category: annoying

Description: when any kind of block is placed tightly next to the sides of a vertical support beam, the side the block is next to becomes invisible

Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?: havn't tested config file yet

Photo

Posted Image