Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

0.77.11 bug and translation mistake

162 posts in this topic

zerren said exactly the same thing, kitty gave an answer to this issue and now it's fix with 0.77.1

No, it's not the same thing, and it's still a problem in 0.77.1, I just found the same one.  Zerren reported problems with *emptying* buckets, we're finding a crash that comes from *filling* buckets.

Bug report 0.77.1

Suggested name:  Bucket Filling Crash

Suggested category: Severe

Description: When you try to fill a bucket with water from a lake or pond in survival mode, the game immediately crashes.  (If you try in creative mode, a water source block is removed but the bucket doesn't fill - but the game doesn't crash, either.)

Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Pastebin of the error report if this bug produces one:

http://pastebin.com/qmbAYYGf

I was too fast reading it. I guess that people are taking water buckets from creative to fill barrels.

your are right, i'll report

I can verify that the above 'Bucket Filling Crash' still occurs on 0.77.2.  Plus, I've found another bug:

Bug report 0.77.2

Suggested name:  Disappearing and Duping Unshaped Metals

Suggested category: Annoying

Description:  When right-clicking on a liquid unshaped metal to pour into a casting mold, sometimes the metal just vanishes and the casting gui never appears.  Other times it pours into the mold, but the original unshaped metal remains in your hotbar.  And other times it works fine.  I have not yet seen any pattern to when it does which of the three, it seems to be luck of the draw.  My impression is that it works correctly more often when in creative mode than when in survival, but that might just be happenstance.

Sometimes when an unshaped metal disappears, its texture seems to briefly distort before it does so.

Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Pastebin of the error report if this bug produces one

None.

Bug report 0.77.2

Suggested name: Firepit in rain

Suggested Category: Annoying

Description: Firepit is not staying lit in rain, despite being covered (protected from rain). This makes game annoying in some biomes and almost gamebreaking in some.

I deleted the config and was able to repeat the bug.

My mistake about the bucket, I reported it. Now i understand that people where filling their barrels with creative water buckets.

For the firepit, what kind of block did you had over it ? I know that some blocks are considered as transparent, like chiseled blocks, and single plank.

Bug report

Suggested name: Name - Plum Sapling
Suggested category: Minor
Description:Plum Sapling tool tip displays name as "item.FruitSapling1.Plum"
Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

No error generated, just naming pattern

Bug Report 0.77.2

Suggested Name:  Identical Alloys Don't Mix

Suggested Category:  Minor

Description:  I made some bronze in a crucible, and also in a pit kiln.  I was left with 50 units of bronze in a ceramic vessel, and decided to dump it in the crucible.  To my surprise, although the two alloys were the same, the bronze appeared as a separate ingredient, leaving an 'Unknown' alloy.  To be fair, I'm not 100% sure this is a bug - you need to be able to add alloy ingredients for things like black steel - but it's definitely odd.  If it stays in, the wiki definitely needs to mention it.

And another:

Bug Report 0.77.2

Suggested Name:  Unknown Metals Don't Cool Down

Suggested Category: Minor

Description:  Unshaped Unknown Metal never cools down, even if you put it in a barrel.  The water gets used up, but the unknown metal is still Brilliant White and liquid.

I deleted the config files to confirm both of these.

Plum is fixed

For the identical alloy don't mix issue, my first idea was that the % of each metals in the alloy could get it out of the required to get bronze, but the fact is that mixing two kind of bronze should still give bronze. I would say it should be fixed so I will report.

For the unknown metal, that is indeed not normal. 

Bug report 0.77.4

Suggested name: Baby Zombies Don't Burn! (And swim through the earth!)
Suggested category: Annoying
Description:  Baby villager zombies do not burn up in sunlight, which is really rough your first few days.  The little buggers just keep on coming!  (Do we even need villager zombies in TFC at all?!)  EDIT:  They also visibly sink into the ground and 'swim' through it.  That can't be right!
Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

I think the baby zombies are baby zombies, not baby villager zombies (at least, the one I saw are baby zombies with zombie skin, not zombie villager skin) I noticed about the fact they do not burn

Bug report 0.77.4

Suggested name: World Gen mistakes
Suggested category: minor / bad looking
Description:  There are random patches in the world, where the world gen does not seem to decorate the surface. One place is crowded with grass/stones and right next to it, there's empty grass without anything on it. See pictures (Red and black lines indicate the hard border of decoration)  http://imgur.com/a/zqe5e

Also, i still find those random water squares: http://imgur.com/AAebi6V

Have you deleted your config file and then still been able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

I have reported the square pools, for the other problem, does it follow chunck lines ? and what is missing, grass and small rock only ?

It seems to follow chunk lines, the missing parts are always 16 or a multiple of it big, corners seems to blend with chunks too. Whats missing: Grass, rocks, flowers... like everything that gets scattered everywhere on the surface. You can find those things almost everywhere, i don't know if that was intended, but it just doesent seem to fit, if everything is crowded and suddenly you get empt patches.

I think the baby zombies are baby zombies, not baby villager zombies (at least, the one I saw are baby zombies with zombie skin, not zombie villager skin) I noticed about the fact they do not burn

I didn't have the time to stop and take a good look. :)  It makes it impossible to get anything done with a little kneebiter chasing you around on your second day.  Plus, they're fast!  I wonder if that's related to the skeleton super-speed issue?

I say rip 'em out.  Regular zombies are plenty scary enough.

bioxx answer, this is not an issue, it's a complain, babies zombies not burning or glitchy is a vanilla thing, and it will stay.

Bug report 0.77.4

Suggested name: World Gen mistakes

Suggested category: minor / bad looking

Description:  There are random patches in the world, where the world gen does not seem to decorate the surface. One place is crowded with grass/stones and right next to it, there's empty grass without anything on it. See pictures (Red and black lines indicate the hard border of decoration)  http://imgur.com/a/zqe5e

Also, i still find those random water squares: http://imgur.com/AAebi6V

For the missing grass, could you check if the biome changes between the two areas? or if the temperature changes?

I do not see a temperature change (except from the normal 0.01 or so change), nor a biome change, nor a precipitation change.

Nothing in F3-mode is explaining why it could be like that. Try it for yourself, it's best seen in plain-like places. fly around check the numbers and stuff... i can't see anything which would explain the difference.

Version 0.77.0
Built on Forge v9.10.0.837New Features

• [*]Pit kiln - Created by placing any pottery on the ground(Sneak+RMB) in a 2 deep pit. Add 16 pieces of straw to the pottery by right clicking. Add
a full logpile above this and light with a firestarter to cook the pottery.  --  Works fine with any log pile, even one log.  Confirmed on 0.77.5.

^ Same goes for melting metal in that kilin. 1 log lets you happily melt metal.

I'm reporting multiple bugs in 77.5

It's possible some things are intentional I don't know

1st) Iron bloom from a bloomery sometimes returns bloom that is 0% instead of 200%

2nd) Bellows appear to have a graphical glitch where they sometimes appear darker

3rd) Ingot piles sometimes don't show the proper number of ingots placed ( I think this happens when others add to the pile)

4th) Animals don't follow you when you are carrying wheat grain they just look at you and don't move

5th) From what we've seen in our world through the usual ore x-ray glitch (persistent from last version) there is absolutely zero caves. There's small pools of water and lava but not caves ravines or waterways. This is persistent for all areas that have been explored (tons)

6th) Sometimes when logging in my hp stays at half until a take damage and then the graphic properly updates

7th) The HP/Hunger/Thirst bars block the level so I can't really tell what level I am

I'd also like to question a few changes.

Why were enchanted armors removed from mobs? The possibility of getting a rare enchanted armor drop was one of the things that made mobs a bit less ridiculous and potentially worth killing.

Why was tool efficiency decreased? I felt the game progressed slowly enough as already and you've made the more monotonous and tedious tasks even longer.

Why was non-infinite water removed? Was it causing problems?

I feel that there's too much reheating of ingots in ways that doesn't make sense. Popping ingots out of a mold being cooled, iron bloom from a bloomery, and the iron bloom it breaks down into.

bioxx answer, this is not an issue, it's a complain, babies zombies not burning or glitchy is a vanilla thing, and it will stay.

Well, call it a complaint if you like, but it's making the early game nearly unplayable.

And villager zombies are definitely a thing.  I just saw one.  Didn't have time to take a snapshot, more's the pity.

EDIT:  Perhaps I should mention that I haven't played vanilla in a while - been playing TFC instead! - and didn't realize those were vanilla issues.

Kiln wit 1 log : I think somebody reported it, but as it might not be fixed, I'll check at next release and report it again if not fixed. 

1st) Iron bloom : I will have to try, I am not there yet

2nd) Bellows : will check it too

3rd) Ingot piles : is this in multiplayer ? someone else add an ingot to the pile and you do not see it at all or it take time to add ?

4th) Animals/wheat : reported

5th) no caves : i'll have to explore a bit, will keep an eye on it.

6th) Sometimes when logging in my hp stays at half until a take damage and then the graphic properly updates : in multiplayer only ?

7th) level : there is a proposed fix for it

I'd also like to question a few changes.

Why were enchanted armors removed from mobs? I guess it's to stick with the fact that we can not make these items. 

Why was tool efficiency decreased? Honestly, I can not say... 

Why was non-infinite water removed? Was it causing problems? Yes it was, for example it was causing a crash with buckets of water. 

Popping ingots out of a mold being cooled, iron bloom from a bloomery, and the iron bloom it breaks down into. Unmolding ingot give cold ingot, I talked with bioxx and he said that as it is a crafting recipe, he can not control the output temperature of the item, he can only give a crafting recipe. As for the iron bloom, I would say it's realistic. I saw a video of people smelting iron the japanese way, and at the end , they broke the bloomery to get this huge porous metal piece, that have different level of carbon depending on the position in the bloomery. The blacksmith then have to break this big piece, sort it by quality and hammer it into a workable piece of metal.

About the zombies, I only encountered one single baby zombie during daytime, so I'm wondering if they are such a problem, but I guess that if a lot of people complain something can be done about it. Yes there is villager zombies, but since we can not turn them back into villagers, I would not really spend time disabling them.

[EDIT] It seems that the Ratios of small ore / normal ore has changed quite a bit. Got that after processing some normal ores for a test. Sry

Bug report 0.77.4 (I know not the newest version but the change log does not mention anything about it)

Suggested name: normal/small ores don't mix
Suggested category: medium/very annoying in beginning
Description:  It does not seem to be possible to make alloy in the ceramic vessel with normal and small ores. Tried 2 small cassiterite and 4 normal native copper, (normal ore should have 4 times the ammount of small ores, so it should be equivalent to : 2 cass 16 copper = 1:8). I just get the jug with the unused ore back. The same way of doing it with small ores worked fine.

Maybe the ammounts of normal/small ore has changed? Wasn't written anywhere.

Gorni, small pieces is 10 metal unit, normal 25 metal unit, so the ratio is no longer 1:4

I made bismuth bronze with copper, sphalerite and small bismuthinite and it worked, you just need to have the right ratio.

Yep that's what i figured out too after processing full ores, but i didn't want to spill numbers in here.