Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

0.77.11 bug and translation mistake

162 posts in this topic

Additional question: I have created an SMP world and can't seem to find any sheep in it. Searched a couple days and a quite a distance from my home (used even an Rei's Map to help me track the animal mobs), but without success. Are there any conditions on spawning sheep?

All animals now have conditions for spawning based on climate. Sheep tend to spawn in high places like mountains, where it's a bit cooler.

Name: Armor texture

Category: Annoying

Description: All armor pieces except for the two leather sets (No idea why there are two) are fine when in item form but when I put them on they render on me like this: http://prntscr.com/1qju02

Deleted your config?: Yes... same result... - P.S. is there a special texture pack? In the version before 1.6.2, the logo said TerrafirmaCraft... now its the vanilla minecraft. Is this intended? -

Name: Armor texture

Category: Annoying

Description: All armor pieces except for the two leather sets (No idea why there are two) are fine when in item form but when I put them on they render on me like this: http://prntscr.com/1qju02

Deleted your config?: Yes... same result... - P.S. is there a special texture pack? In the version before 1.6.2, the logo said TerrafirmaCraft... now its the vanilla minecraft. Is this intended? -

Are you using any mods other than TFC and Forge?? Optifine for example?

Are you using any mods other than TFC and Forge?? Optifine for example?

Well I was using MAtmos... but I uninstalled it today... could that affect the textures?

P.S. I even downloaded a TFC txt pack and I got the same result 

Type: World generation error

Codename: Herobrine

Category: Non-essential

Description: On world gen blocks sometimes seem to have wrong IDs, including generation of vanilla player-made blocks.

Example screenshot:

Posted Image

Deleted your config?: Yes, this has happened on clean installation.

So on our server (I'm an admin) I recently set the time to zero because I needed day to test something. Unexpectedly it reset the year back to 1000 and all the animals became invisible children that are basically useless. I'm not exactly sure why this happens but that's what happened. They are still there. They eat grass and take damage so they can be killed and replaced which is the action I have been taking to fix the problem

So on our server (I'm an admin) I recently set the time to zero because I needed day to test something. Unexpectedly it reset the year back to 1000 and all the animals became invisible children that are basically useless. I'm not exactly sure why this happens but that's what happened. They are still there. They eat grass and take damage so they can be killed and replaced which is the action I have been taking to fix the problem

Setting the time to zero does indeed reset the calendar, which will screw up all the animals because their lifespan and age and all of those calculations are done off of the calendar. So since the date is now 1/1/1000, but they were born say 1/1/1005, they are now negative 5 years old according to the game, causing the issues you stated.

If you ever want to change the time of day, do NOT use 

/time set day/0

Instead check the current time on the calendar and do 

/time add x000

, where x = how many hours until the next sunrise.

So if it's 9pm, and sunrise is at 6am, you would want to do 

/time add 9000

That will make it sunrise of the next day and all time-based calculations will adjust as needed in the same way as if you had slept in a bed.

Turns out, those vanilla iron blocks I posted in this thread are also attracting zombies. If I lure a zombie close to them, it loses its interest in me and goes to stand on these blocks. I'm not even sure what is causing this. Other mobs seem unaffected too, but I haven't really tested it.

Oh, and zombies that aren't angered by me seem unaffected by this and are just standing about, even in proximity to the iron.

b77.13

Crucible Weirdness

Suggested category: Minor?

Description: I recently posted a thread about how alarmed I was using the blast furnace and crucible to get pig iron; I was expecting 22 ingots worth of steel but got over twice that amount. Well, it happened again. I threw exactly 44 bismuthinite into a crucible (aka, 2x16 and 1x12 bismuthinite) anticipating I'd get 11 bismuthinite and that the 4 ore - 1 ingot rule held true for this fancy new method of smelting. Well, I've gotten 15 and what looks like around a half ingots worth.

Deleted config?: Yes, prior to updating my game from 77.12 to 77.13.

Bioxx added a fix that would hopefully prevent metal dupe when you have metal to melt in the input as the same time you have a mold in output. It should solve this problem.

oo, that's good to hear. I suppose in the meantime, that means in order to avoid feeling all cheaty, I should melt down all my metal prior to actually placing molds/liquid unshaped metal molds in the output slot.