Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
VegasGoat

[TFC 0.76.18] Woodworking Add-on (v0.5) (Abandoned)

31 posts in this topic

(Abandoned)

For now, I don't plan on updating this for 77 or later as my interest in Minecraft and TFC is waning. I put the code up on github if anyone wants to take it or expand on it. http://github.com/VegasGoat/WoodworkingTFC

Version 0.5 (Updated 5/27/2013), Requires TFC 76 hotfix 18

Download: http://goatsoft.com/...kingTFC_0.5.zip

Features:

• [*]Wooden club - early game melee weapon. [*]Woodcarving knife - created through knapping and used for wooden item crafting and custom item carving. [*]Wooden crafting mode - works like knapping, used to create wooden club, wooden bowls, and woodcarving table. [*]Woodcarving table - Used for creating your own wooden items. [*]Finger paint - Add color to your carvings.

Notes:

• [*]Custom items show on your hotbar as a ? icon. It's an issue with TFC overriding the hotbar drawing code and not calling forge custom item renderers. It'll be fixed in TFC 77. [*]I know, the carving table looks too much like a normal crafting table. Programmer art, what can you do...

Instructions:

Create a woodworking knife (shorter version of the regular knife):
post-1266-0-72403700-1369670694_thumb.pn

post-1266-0-79134300-1369670708.png

Place a log, then right click with the woodworking knife:
post-1266-0-86198800-1369670716_thumb.pn

post-1266-0-51765500-1369670722_thumb.pn

post-1266-0-89416100-1369670686_thumb.pn

Mix dye in a bowl to create finger paint:
post-1266-0-45773300-1369670727.png

Use the carving table to create and paint wooden items:
post-1266-0-93384900-1369670718_thumb.pn

post-1266-0-30793800-1369670721_thumb.pn

post-1266-0-54027000-1369670720_thumb.pn

Screenshots:

Thanks Zerren for the club texture
post-1266-0-85234700-1367713173_thumb.pn

post-1266-0-49505700-1367713172_thumb.pn

post-1266-0-34519600-1369670692_thumb.pn

post-1266-0-05743700-1369670691.png

post-1266-0-93307900-1369670689.png

post-1266-0-47253800-1369670688.png

I tried to balance the club so it's not OP. Has 40 uses and takes 6 hits to kill a creeper, so it's not going to be a great primary weapon. Good enough to take out a few mobs without having to carry a lot of javelins.

For the woodworking knife, you can only use it on wood blocks you place, and only if there's no other wood blocks next to it. This is to prevent using the knife as a cheap way to break wood blocks.

Previous versions:

http://goatsoft.com/...kingTFC_0.4.zip - Carve the club, MC 1.5.1, forge 679, TFC 76hf18
http://osgp.net/TFC/...ClubTFC_0.3.zip - 2 log recipe, MC 1.5.1, forge 679, TFC 76hf18
http://osgp.net/TFC/...ClubTFC_0.2.zip - 2 log recipe, MC 1.5.1, forge 629, TFC 76hf16

Changelog:

0.2: New texture
0.3: Rebuild with forge 679 for HF18
0.4: Changed to woodworking mod
0.5: Added item carving and painting

Saw you needed some as and I was in the process of making some more textures for my own texture pack for Gregtech, and thought you could use a hand :P. If you use it, it's 100% yours.

http://i.imgur.com/sejTCMA.png

Nice mod by the way. Early game needs some tools that last longer than 10 stabs..

~

Also, trying to disable the mod client side if the server doesn't have it is a very rare thing that I've never seen a mod do. It just becomes uncraftable if the server doesn't recognize it. I wouldn't worry about it.

Will have to try it. I installed the bow mod bud did not made any yet...

Does this modify any game files?

If so, run for it, dunk is against add-ons that change TFC code.

If not, well done!

Nope, doesn't modify or distribute any TFC code.

so, we now have better bows, and now a club, why not add in a stone sling? you'd need to craft one by soaking leather and stretching it out into a cup with a regular stone, after which you'd need to shape its length a bit right (ould be a minigame) and ammunition: the rocks you pick up every time, you can only fire 1 at first, after a SHITTON of practice maybe you could advance to a 2 stone rapid fire technique (or perhaps an upgraded sling?) and the damage would be below that of a javelin, since ammunition is a lot more common for it

So I'm basically done with a change to turn this into a woodworking mod, using a GUI that works just like knapping but with wood. Does that make sense, having to actually carve a club shape instead of just using logs? I figured I could then add some other wooden items, maybe take a crack at that slingshot (carving the Y shape from wood, add the leather part like killster550 suggests).

whoooooa, like this addon very much

why you don't add other primitive weapons?

with the knapping gui you can craft javelin heads to craft better javelins

atleatle maybe? ist to throw javelins further avay/with more force. idea: atleatle works like an bow, can throw javelins and arrows, but with way lesser damage...

actually the atleatle work like a handle, they give you double the force behind a throw when compared to hand, so it should be an upgrade. something that could be done however would be that you'd need to make unique javelins for them, with a way to stop them from sliding off, a grip to hold the atleatle, and the various components required all requiring manual assemblage, and the weapon taking durability damage, it could be a somewhat costly upgrade. and bows could get a buff over that to make them a bit more balanced again ;)

well, i use terrafirmabows, but i know how atleatle works actully, but how you want to use them together with javelins? atleatle + javeline into the crafting grid, attack, again crafting grid + javelin, attack etc? Problem here is the meta data i guess, ist hard to Keep track of both damage (javelin and atleatle) when you craft them together...

lets fix a key issue that is currently plaguing the mod we all love so dearly....

why do we not have to knap the javelin heads...? are we attaching regular rocks to the ends of sticks and throwing them with the intention of bludgeoning our enemies to death!?

Hmm sounds like the people want a primitive weapons mod. OK then, I'll see if I can implement some of the ideas around here for that.

well, i use terrafirmabows, but i know how atleatle works actully, but how you want to use them together with javelins? atleatle + javeline into the crafting grid, attack, again crafting grid + javelin, attack etc? Problem here is the meta data i guess, ist hard to Keep track of both damage (javelin and atleatle) when you craft them together...

no, you have to craft 'ammunition' for the atleatle, that is used exclusively for it, like arrows for a bow, only that they are available by making an atleatle and crafting a javelin in a different way than a regular one (woodworking knapping maybe?)

also, why not include a sling firing the stone we pickup for a damage but no knockback, and custom javelin tips? (flint more damage less knockback, penetration is better but its more brittle than bone or stone, bone would be the durable low damage, high knockback variant and stone would be as we have it, but knapped.

As you made a new tool and all, I imagine you are planning on making more wooden things.

Props to you if you make a dugout canoe from multiple logs.

How about changing weapon progression a bit:

*remove the normal javelin recipe

*add a club made out of log via wood craving

*add a "Sharp stick" that replaces the vanilla javelin

*add knapping recipe for javelin arrowhead and use if for creating normal javelins (javelin head + stick)

*create atlatl "bow" weapon that will use a separate ammo types. If I understand correctly the atlatl was used with spears or darts that were created specially for use with atlatl, they were slimmer and had better balance. So you can have wood craving recipe for atlatl spear shaft. The atlatl would fire spears much further and with a bit bigger force

*wood craving recipe for arrow shafts + overall buff to bow to make it a progression from atlatl

everythings good except for the fact that removing the regular javelin would be modding TFC, which isnt allowed by dunk and bioxx. although we can add to it, we cant alter anything made by them (instead, make a javelin upgradable into a lance maybe? more melee but no throwing power?)

everythings good except for the fact that removing the regular javelin would be modding TFC, which isnt allowed by dunk and bioxx. although we can add to it, we cant alter anything made by them (instead, make a javelin upgradable into a lance maybe? more melee but no throwing power?)

I think a distinction should be made between directly modding TFC code and/or distributing it; and writing completely separate code that modifies TFC objects in memory. If the latter is forbidden then technically my bow mod is not permissible because it removes a couple TFC recipes when the mod is executed. Removal of one of the recipes effectively prevents TFC's own custom bows from being produced with my mod.

well i'd have to call dunks opinion on the matter, but you basically DID step on their rule, but in such an efficient manner that we prefer your product over the regular bows (given that TFC bows werent really CUSTOM, just differently setup statwise, i think its ok tho :D)

Just a little teaser for what I've been working on with this mod: carving your own custom items! I know nobody asked for it, but it was an idea I had that I had to see through to completion because it was a nice challenge and learning experience. Still needs some final details (like using dye for colors, and copying items). Once it's done I'll try doing a slingshot or atlatl (that'll be good for learning about ranged weapons).

Carving an item:

post-1266-0-92836200-1369230942_thumb.pn

Item being held:

(The ? icons in the hotbar are an issue with B76 because TFC replaces the overlay renderer, and their version doesn't call the forge custom render hooks. It'll be fixed in B77 where TFC uses forge overlay rendering hooks instead.)

post-1266-0-51808200-1369230939_thumb.pnpost-1266-0-85616000-1369230947_thumb.pn

I love what people do with chiseled blocks so it will be nice to see what people come up with making their own items. Decorate your house or leave your item as a calling card.

maybe you should prevent the interface from creating a swastika to prevent griefing ;), would be a waste to disable a mod on a server just because it can be used to (easily) grieve people with)

People can already build obscene things from blocks, so it's not really any different in item form. I'll probably add a creator tag so it shows who created the item as well.

maybe you should prevent the interface from creating a swastika to prevent griefing ;), would be a waste to disable a mod on a server just because it can be used to (easily) grieve people with)

among other things, swastika is also a buddhist symbol. I would put it to decorate my buddhist temple.

Can these items be placed on the ground? If so then you may just have created a mod that will give me a something to do during those lonely nights without the bed :).

Oh: no limits please it wont work, will annoy players and people already build giant functional

dicks, so preventing them from woodcraving them is kinda moot point.