Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Cidvond

[Problem] TFCLauncher keeps getting 403 error

35 posts in this topic

I keep getting

"Failed to load news. IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://terrafirmacraft.com/feed/"

when opening TFCLauncher. I have tried redownloading it and also tried a force update. both have still given me the same thing. Also if I click lock in it gives me

Failed to install TeraFirmaCraft. An unknown error occurred:

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://terrafirmacra.../tfcfiles1.json

Any Ideas what might be going on?

Update 5/11/13

The TFCraft Launcher is working for me! Feel free to continue using the Download links if you are still have problems.

Update 5/10/13

Current work around: http://terrafirmacra...dpost__p__62717

Posted Image

Edited by Cidvond

No idea, I'm getting the same problem. I was playing fine earlier today. I bet you it's GenerikB's fault :P He's just started a Let's Play and did an installation video, so I bet the servers are crashing. I keep getting 500 errors on the website as well. :P Good luck! If you figure it out, let us know!

Same, and yeah generikB is the reason is here, tried it earlier for a few moments but laggy as hell. Will attempt a manual install later perhaps

Same issue, but the 500 errors on the forum / wiki have been ongoing for a week now.

I tried a whole bunch of times was able to get in once. Then my sound messed up. Thinking it was fixed I restarted my game and it is still broken.

"http 403 forbidden" error means that the server is up, but its refusing to let you access its resources.

this isnt on mojangs end because, im logging into vanilla without issue.

TFC launcher has been returning a 403 error for me when attempting to retrieve the news for a few days, but it hasnt been stopping my logins till today.

I'm also getting the problem. i tried going to the links manually, and i got to a page with some coding on it, plain text, no 403 error. i am pretty baffled as to why im getting it, but hopefully its fixed!

I hear the server is just having issues, so this should work again eventually.

Okay guys! For thoughts of you having withdraws like me I have put together a MultiMC pack that can run TFCraft, Not sure if anyone wants it if so just let me know and Ill post it up. But just as an update it does work if you make your own launcher using MultiMC. It looks like TFCLauncher is trying to check for updates and is unable to connect.

Okay guys! For thoughts of you having withdraws like me I have put together a MultiMC pack that can run TFCraft, Not sure if anyone wants it if so just let me know and Ill post it up. But just as an update it does work if you make your own launcher using MultiMC. It looks like TFCLauncher is trying to check for updates and is unable to connect.

PLEASE POST IT OH MY GOD

Okay guys here is the link to download the MultiMc pack that I'm using. This is JUST for the current patch and will not be updated unless it is needed for later on.

Downloads

Moved to: http://terrafirmacra...dpost__p__62717

Hope this helps!

Edited by Cidvond

works for me thank you cidvond ^_^

Good news every one! Hot Fix 16 is out! Bad new everyone Hot Fix 16 did not fix this 403 error for me! I will release an MultiMc patch for TFC Beta Build 76 Hotfix 16 For MC v1.5.1 if requested.

Ran the launcher through Fiddler to see what was up and I discovered this interesting little snippet in the 403 response body:

The owner of this website (terrafirmacraft.com) has banned your access based on your browser's signature (4c68bfd7-cl-ua-20). (Ref. 1010)

As odd as this may be, all the various files needed by the launcher are still available by way of a non "Java/1.7.0_21" user agent. Changing this to some other value (such as "foob") makes everything work just fine.

In the off chance that this is somehow intended (for reasons that I can't quite guess) I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader on how to configure their user agent for the launcher. A hint - it can be done quite easily from the command line.

interesting info will check in to in and love how we all come together to help and work together ^_^

OH NOES I am on a Mac. :(

Sorry about that! I am mostly a PC guy my self. You have to run a .jar file is that rignt? I will see what I can draw up for the mac users reading this. Stay tuned!

Sorry about that! I am mostly a PC guy my self. You have to run a .jar file is that rignt? I will see what I can draw up for the mac users reading this. Stay tuned!

I think Mac users don't _have_ to run a Jar file but everyone (ie Mac, Windows, Linux) can. My only experience with installing mods is installing into the server.jar, which I use Windows (emulated) for. The minecraft_server.jar I can confirm works on Mac and Windows.

Good news Mac users! I have found out that MultiMc also has an OS X ver of the program. It will take me a few to get the mod ported over (Mostly due to the time it will take me to pull out my mac). I will update with the file info once its done!

Good news Mac users! I have found out that MultiMc also has an OS X ver of the program. It will take me a few to get the mod ported over (Mostly due to the time it will take me to pull out my mac). I will update with the file info once its done!

I haven't used MultiMC, but installing Forge and Player API for the server was much easier (read: only possible) using Windows (for me!).

I haven't used MultiMC, but installing Forge and Player API for the server was much easier (read: only possible) using Windows (for me!).

You have kind of lost me o.O This thread is for players having a 403 error when opening up the TFCraft Launcher. Also thought you was requesting a work around for running the TFCraft Launcher on a mac. I'm sorry I must have misunderstood you. If anyone needs a work around for TFCraft Launcher for mac please let me know and I will get one up asap.

Mac project = failed. Im not really good on a mac I can upload a Zip file with the current instance in it if anyone want to make their own Mac MultiMC Launcher. I am waiting for one of my mac friends to come online so he can help get one up. So I don't know how long it will be before I can release one for mac. Sorry guys.

Let me know if there is anything else I can try and help out with!

PS. still getting 403 error with hotfix 16 as of 11:00pm UTC -5:00 EST

Okay guys here is the link to download the MultiMc pack that I'm using. This is JUST for the current patch and will not be updated unless it is needed for later on.

Current build running

TFC Beta Build 76 Hotfix 15 For MC v1.5.1

1. Extract to desktop

2. Run MultiMC.exe

3. Double click TFC

4. Login using your MC info

5. Have fun!

Download Link = http://www.mediafire...lhml8s9xypfhfth

Iv notice the mediafire link has been slowing down do to the mass downloads we are having for this. Here is another link to help offload the mediafire link

Download link = http://www.CWTopsStu...x-TFCraft-PC.7z

Hope this helps!

(Hotfix 15 not 16)

this worked for me. thanks bud!