Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vaelkyri

A simple, cheap, aesthetically pleasing and thematically fitting first home for the starting Terafirmacrafter.

45 posts in this topic

I shall toss my hat into the ring as well for the worst builder ever :P

I used this design to build my house in my single player game. It's a nice first house after your thatch hut.

Built the basic design on a couple of play through and did my own interior, gives off a safe and warm vibe when you have the fire running, tried to get mrcrayfishes furniture mod running but alas it didn't want to play nice.  My normal first house is digging a crawl space in the side of a clay deposit, using smart movement crawling to get in and out, great for the first few nights until you get enough resources.

Started in a northern region and this design fit in nicely with the viking theme that developed in our game.  It's nice to head into the long house on a snowy day and toss some wood in the fire pit to warm up.

Posted Image

This is my current home, on the right I have the very basic look of the design of this forum used for storing food.
On the left I have a tradition pit house which follows the same theme.  The walls are a simple 3 high palisade to keep the mobs out.

I am currently at the bronze age, other images can be found here.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Gm32Q

Wait, am I missing something? I feel really dumb but how does the grain in those plank blocks on the floor go different directions? Is that a texture pack thing? A TFC feature that I'm totally missing?

Very nice house, too!

Wait, am I missing something? I feel really dumb but how does the grain in those plank blocks on the floor go different directions? Is that a texture pack thing? A TFC feature that I'm totally missing?

Very nice house, too!

You can place plank items down and make a floor with them. The direction that you place them determines the direction of the grain.

Edit: Plank Items, not Plank Blocks.

Plank Items: http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Plank

Ah, so each of those apparent blocks is just 8 plank items layed out. Nice! I guess I just automatically saw them as planks (block) but somehow rotated 90 degrees.

That's a really good starter house!

I like it.

If only I could build that well

Ah, so each of those apparent blocks is just 8 plank items layed out. Nice! I guess I just automatically saw them as planks (block) but somehow rotated 90 degrees.

---

you could always do half the floor in plank blocks, just to save you the time and rendering.

Nice, i think i will use it for my world since the only wood in a 2000x2000+ radius is white elm, which is my least favorite wood so now i can cover it :D

I love this house style!

I just built a variation on it, including a charcoal pit room, pit kiln alcove, and room for a bloomery.

The finished product can be seen on my Let's Play.

Pretty neat and cozy starter building, especially with the grass on top. Good job!

Very nice and cosy, I never thought of making something like that!

I love how cosy you can make a home - so much so that I have on occasion shivered and have a warm feeling inside when I come home and get out of the rain / snow :)

You should do YouTube videos on TerraFrimaCraft house builds because this is amazing. 11/10

i think i have seen this before *cough*" hobbit hole"*cough*

I like this style of housing, sort of early Scandinavian style houses.  Also seems easy to build and an efficient use of space :)  I will definitely use this the next time I move somewhere else as a first house.

Yeah, Imma build me one of these. Thanks for the inspiration!

now, I just gotta get some copper for a saw... ;p

Oooh nice! it took me 2 days to build the basic layout, detailing it will be a longer project. This is awesome! will post screenies when it's a bit more detailed