Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

TFC translation

161 posts in this topic

To whoever did Russian translation for Kitty's Birthday alias - kudos to you for my massive grin.

And it's exactly disrespectful translations like those that is the primary reason why localisation support will be done through resource packs in TFC2.

And it's exactly disrespectful translations like those that is the primary reason why localisation support will be done through resource packs in TFC2.

That is not a right reason to have new features created, but if in the end we still end up with a better thing overall, so I'm fine.

Probably to late for this.

Not that I'm playing with localized languages in any game (I just like English more than Dutch).

But just wanted to help my fellow Dutchies whom do like to play in our native language and I liked this system as is.

Too bad that an immature minority had to ruin it for the well behaved majority.

Oh well, that's life and no action will prevent immaturity, it just finds an other place to be.

Probably to late for this.

Not that I'm playing with localized languages in any game (I just like English more than Dutch).

But just wanted to help my fellow Dutchies whom do like to play in our native language and I liked this system as is.

Too bad that an immature minority had to ruin it for the well behaved majority.

Oh well, that's life and no action will prevent immaturity, it just finds an other place to be.

As a matter of fact, moving to resource packs will only help the immature minority to do what they always do. It's much easier to make custom resource packs and put whatever you want in there.

As a matter of fact, moving to resource packs will only help the immature minority to do what they always do. It's much easier to make custom resource packs and put whatever you want in there.

And they are welcome to do so. But in that situation, it no longer has the official "TFC Staff Approval" seal of being directly integrated and shipped with the mod. Players will also have to go out and take the extra step to install the immature resource packs, instead of everyone who plays the mod having access to them without having to do anything special.

And they are welcome to do so. But in that situation, it no longer has the official "TFC Staff Approval" seal of being directly integrated and shipped with the mod. Players will also have to go out and take the extra step to install the immature resource packs, instead of everyone who plays the mod having access to them without having to do anything special.

Overall I see no harm to me in going that route, assuming there is an official up-to date file, and the staff will notify the language pack authors of the changes done to it.

In the end, I don't need the language pack to play the mod, its the others who will get to fiddle around with checking if theirs is latest, downloading and installing more packages on top of the mod.

Pretty sure mc doesn't have version control to do that.

I tried to write that down, but somehow my English failed at that moment to make a coherent sentence of it. But that was my thought exactly too.

I also do agree with Kittychanley, that it won't be TFC approved release in that case.

I'm just afraid that with such move, the translations will grind to a hold very quickly.

I'm just afraid that with such move, the translations will grind to a hold very quickly.

To the contrary, as it currently is the only way translations can update is if AliceInGame makes a PR to change the base code, and then a brand new version of TFC is released. By moving to resource packs, they are completely independent of our release schedule and translations can update as often as they'd like.

I have finished Polish translations.
You can report any bugs.

Sorry to bump an old thread. I was lead all the way here by tracing a single inaccurate translation  :P

I saw kitty already removed the l10n part from TFC2 project, but are you still accepting PR for translation amendment in TFC1?

It is sad to find out this whole project already "grinds to a hold" even before TFC2 release though. I don't think I have enough PM experience to comment on whether "solving the problem by completely avoiding it" is the best approach, but there must be a reason why Linux kernel still tries to include drivers even though some of them are not perfect. And having the l10n files inside the pack provides much better end user experience for non-English-speaking players.