Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

TFC translation

161 posts in this topic

I just almost finished the Danish translation and now i just need somebody to rewiew it, help with a few missing words and rename it properly. :)

First of all, I won't ban anybody from translating.

If I was rude in what I said, I am sorry, but there is one thing you said that is wrong. You did not created the original translation, the one who did is Milaeos2 (who play on the same server as I do), who translated the first 9-10% and that was removed from the credits.

Wrong. Mileaos translated 6%. And those had to be completely rewritten because they were full of mistakes and incoherences.

I don't ask you to ban people from translating. Anyone can contribute. As long as I am part of the process. I want to ensure that my work is not completely wasted because random people add new lines to it, turning it into a complete mess. The GUI is the first thing that people see. With those severe errors in it, noone will use the translation all-together. This ruins the work I and _Tsigje_ completely. trop de cuisiniers gâtent la sauce

I.Stop accusing me of messing with the credits. It's just ridiculous. I don't care about them at all. Might as well remove them completely. All I care about is having a solid German translation. Nothing else.

As I said, I am sorry if I was rude. and I admit, my accusations where wrong.

I do not speak German so I am not able to judge if the translation done by Mileaos was good or not. The only thing I know is that is name was removed without the explanation you are giving right now. Also, when you said you want the new translation removed, you did not explained why, so you gave me little clue about your motivations.

Next time you say or do something, ask yourself if it might require more explanation, to give a little bit more can not hurt.

Alright. I can live with that. Regarding to Mileaos: I asked here in the thread if I can take his job over and even send you a PM. I never got an answer. So I just did what seemed best to me: rewrite everything.

I just almost finished the Danish translation and now i just need somebody to rewiew it, help with a few missing words and rename it properly. :)/>

hell yeah!!

i'l look into it.

Nu begynder man at fornemme dansk A og dens vigtighed......-.-

EDIT: I will write eventual changes in column C

i need to modify something, because of the new items (alchool) and beacause i made an error

I will not send the files to bioxx before we are close to release, or else i just keep doing the same thing for nothing

Sounds good. No hurry. :)

If something changes again, I'll update it. I usually check this thread and the table every other day.

The Dutch version is updated, as I do the same as Three_Pounds (although at work in slow moments).

i updated the italian version, done alle the new things

Dont' know if you saw it, 3 new lines from 1485

#========Plants========
tile.Moss=Moss
tile.Thatch=Thatch

Thanks for pointing that out. It's implemented into the german translation now :)

It was easy to miss as it is a quite recent addition.

ok, now i done them too, im not very sure of hte meaning of tatch but...

I would need people working the danish, japanese and russian translation if they can review the actual translation and remove any comments, I would like to move them to the multi language tab as the file is getting too big again. If not done, i'll move it myself and add the discussion in notes.

EDIT: Thanks to the russian translators, now russian in in the multi lang tab. French and Russian are at 100% and Portuguesse is progressing quickly, keep up the good job.

Duch, German, Italian, Spanish and Danish, there have been a couple of new lines, so check it up.

Russian is no longue up to date, 3 new lines and color coding in the gui section

Also found that there was something in 4 empty cells in the russian translation, now that it's removed, stat work properly.

Ok, Bioxx said that there should not be much modification to the language file, so he said we can submit the files.

I added an update notes line in the stat and news tab, so you will have the date of the last file update. If you change something after that, please, say it.

Right now we have French, Portuguesse, Russian and Simplified Chinese.

I hope we will be able to submit some of the following languages in the next week : Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish and Danish

Please advertise TFC translation if you can.

Just in case you submitted Russian translation: I have done another pass at it and cleared up some typos and errors. So the final version is current one, not the yesterday one.

I just checked the Dutch translation and filled in the missing parts.

So, I did some changes for Portuguese, specially:

• Capitalization changes - in games, naming items "Like This" looks better than naming them "Like this". Long texts' "normal" capitalization was kept.
  • Changed "gadanha" to "foice";
  • Fixed swapped/wrong rock names (specially Shale/Folhelho and Schist/Xisto. And guys, "chalk" is just plain "giz", both for the rock and the thing used in writing boards, okay? :D );
  • Changed Black Steel's translation from "Aço Preto" to "Aço Negro", it sounds better that way;
  • Changed some descriptions to use parenthesis [ex: "Botas de Aço inacabadas estágio" 2 became "Botas de Aço (Inacabadas II)".

Due to Portuguese's verbosity, some items got really long names. I'm tempted to change "Picareta de Prospecção" [Prospector's Pick] to simply "Prospectora", what do you guys think?

Also, European and African Portuguese speakers: we need someone to check if the translation is good enough for you too, if changes/compromises need to be made, or if we're going to fork into two translations.

[i'd rather see an unified translation, but this is just, like, my opinion.]

Spanish and French translators: I can give a hand if you guys want, but seems like it isn't necessary. I've checked both translations and they're quite good IMHO.

The guy who worked on the Portuguese translation if from Brasil. I think there is only PT an BR variation available, but if you think they are different, we can make two different files.

I don't mind the changes at all.  But i have to make  a small statement because i think the translations should be  ortografically/technically accurate for the sake of ortography itself and  to help children education (as Minecraft became childrens toy, thanks to the brazilian/portuguese youtubers..... U_U) extending their vocabulary [main reason to my choice for "Cré" instead of "Giz" but that's ok :)  ]

I really think "Scythe" must be translated as "Gadanha"  ( 2 handed tool)." Foice"  is the correct one for "Sickle" ( 1 hand/small tool).

The capitalization - although wrong in grammar - does look bettler :P thanks

The main difference with the PT-PT as far as I check is: "empedrado", instead of "pedregulho" and termination of rock names (  e.g. Dacite, instead of Dacito, Dolomite, instead of Dolomita).

The verbosity in some names became more a semantic/semiotic problem, We should't be afraid of long terms if those terms express  the correct meaning of the process But i agree it is a valid point if reduction saves Bytes in the overall  code text.

In the beguining I was more prone to make a generic PT translation, because neither brazilian portuguese nor african/oriental portuguese has sort of "legitimacy" for the language rules, but today, unfortunately, even the european is stained with our own rules and the fury of linguistic and cultural amalgamation -  with dark purposes -  is in vogue. In the end surrending to it,  i just went to use as a parameter the quantity of minecraft user (brasil in 1st place due to the bigger population) to point my choices of small language differences.