Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

TFC translation

161 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I'm one of the old forum veterans. If you need any help in the Italian translation, feel free to ask to me.

bump for doing danish, i worked on it a little with some other guy. It seems it is about 99% done, the rest are some tricky words that do not exist in danish.....

-snip-

Gadanha vs. foice: fair point. I've reverted the changes in this regard.

I mentioned the verbosity for more practical reasons, as interface cluttering, long names looking sometimes ugly and maybe "bleeding" outside their intended space. This gets especially obvious with "Prospector's Pick" vs. "Picareta de Prospecção".

(By the way, I changed it to Prospectora, see if you like it - IMHO it's still a descriptive name, since "Pica de Prospecção" would have unintended consequences... :D )

While MC is quite common among kids, I guess the target audience of TFC is older - by this line of thought, I guess we should aim first for accuracy than being educative.

Language varieties: well, I suggest we continue improving this one as "generic". In the event it gets weird for Euro+African PT speakers, forking our translation will be easier than starting from scratch anyway, what do you think?

bump for doing danish, i worked on it a little with some other guy. It seems it is about 99% done, the rest are some tricky words that do not exist in danish.....

I worked on reformating danish, now it's only 1 column large, and the color code have been removed (sorry) as I wanted to put the empty cells in red. It is 95% done, as there was updates to the file (line new metal javelins), so there is some missing translations.

You should also check the help instruction to add the symbol for color coding and check as some line changes a bit.

Kitty updated the english localization file a couple of days ago so I decided to update the translation doc. A total of 145 new lines to translate. There is probably some lines that need to be updated for the english section, but people can start to translate now, so the updated localization files could be created as soon as build 78 is ready (let's hope it's sooner than later).

Wintergreen stuff is not completely clear as to what exactly it is. To me, at least. A picture'd be helpful, to decide if I was correct translating as I did. While we're at it, what is the context of 1647-1648?

Other than that, Russian localization is about done.

Though I'd still like to discuss about some of it with other guys that were doing translation with me.

Wintergreen stuff is not completely clear as to what exactly it is. To me, at least. A picture'd be helpful, to decide if I was correct translating as I did. While we're at it, what is the context of 1647-1648?

Other than that, Russian localization is about done.

Though I'd still like to discuss about some of it with other guys that were doing translation with me.

look like wintergreen is a kind of berry bush, and 1647-1648 are for the barrel gui, I guess it have been reworked so I can not say hot it will work

For 1647-1648, the new barrel GUI will have two modes of use.

1647 gui.Barrel.ToggleOn=In is for the barrels "Input" mode. While in this mode placing a full bucket in the slot will empty it into the barrel (For example: filling the barrel with water)

1648 gui.Barrel.ToggleOff=Out is for the barrel's "Output" mode. While in this mode, placing an empty bucket in the slot will fill the bucket with the liquid that is currently in the barrel. (For example: taking vinegar out of the barrel)

After a way to long break i have finally gotten back into translating and i have finished the danish translation. If somebody would rewiew the new changes it would be great and if somebody would tell me to who i shall send it then that would also be great.

There is no need to send it anywhere. Hopefully before the release of the next build I will update the Google file to the latest version, to be sure everything is there, then submit the new language files on github. As I do not know the release date, it could happen that I am only able to submit the new translation only after the first release of the new build.

I have just looked at my translation and realized that the word YAM can be 3 different vegetables with different danish names.

If somebody would help me figure out whether the TFC yam is a member of the Dioscorea famlily (yams/yamsrod in danish), an Ipomoea Batatas (batat/sød kartoffel) or an Oxalis Tuberosa (oka) it would be great.

Do you mind if I alter the Italian Translation a bit to make it prettier? For example, changing "Sanguinamento" with "Emorragia".

Another problem is that the translators seems to be unsure whether to give a capital only to the first name of an item, or to all nouns and adjectives in it. For example: "Golem di Ferro", or "Golem di ferro"?

I think I'll put the items whose name are wholly changed in red, those with just adjusted caps in blue and the translated new items in Green.

Edited by Apani

I have just looked at my translation and realized that the word YAM can be 3 different vegetables with different danish names.

If somebody would help me figure out whether the TFC yam is a member of the Dioscorea famlily (yams/yamsrod in danish), an Ipomoea Batatas (batat/sød kartoffel) or an Oxalis Tuberosa (oka) it would be great.

Since there is no texture for Yams, and also no code regarding them.. I'm going to go ahead and assume that it's likely a leftover item from past versions, or was never implemented and can be removed from the file altogether.

If I had to take a guess, it was either referring to the vegetable of the Dioscorea family, or the more specific Sweet Potato (Ipomoea batatas) that is commonly referred to as yams in the US.

Hi people,

There is a lot of change in the english file, so lot of update to do to the translation file. If people want to help to reorganize the document, I'll be online tomorrow (april 10) from 9am American eastern time (UTC -5) Same time as Montreal/New York. No need to do translation to help.

For translator, some line have changed in english in the update, see note in the news tab.

Update: Ok, it's done! I still have to create an english file and compare it to the official one, to be sure I did not miss anything. I will also submit some change, mostly in regard of the sorting process (like all occurence of metal alphabetically sorted, and fixed the anvil hit rules sorting ( 1, 2, 3 instead of 1, 10, 11... 2, 20 ). I will most likely do it tomorrow if I have time.

I think that the google drive document is ready to be worked on. Minor changes could happen, and of course, new additions in the future.

Progress update

All the languages available in 77 are 87% done

The most advanced translation are Danish at 96% (that is good to see as Danish was not in 77) and Russian at 95%.

And welcome to the Hong Kong Chinese translator, already a 33%.

Can't wait to see the first 100%

Thanks for the answer. I never saw most of the TFC berries of my life!

New questions what are the fire bricks ? are they made out of fire clay ?

Yes, it was mentioned on pakrats stream the other day. They're used to build the blast furnace structure in b78.

I was going to edit, I asked on irc and bioxx confirmed.

I submitted my changes to the English file and once it's accepted, we can say that the file is up to date. It's only sorting order, but once it's done, new updates will be easier to track down.

I also finished French translation just before the Russian team! Great job guys!

Edit : Danish, Russian and French (with a new Québec version) will be in the next release. Hopefully traditionnal chinese (HK) and a local variation (TW) will also be available soon as the HK translator is moving at a crazy speed, from 33% to 97% in 1 day.

The translation file now include a new tab for Leather Water Sac.

Gave a pass at Water sac translation, both Russian files are 100% done at this point and require a review (since I'm not exactly sure of everything I wrote in there).

I also took liberty and updated stats pages with links and created a bunch of empty columns in Water sac section

And you seem to have swapped fr_CA and fr_FR files in there, please take a look.

Thanks for the edit in the leather water sac tab.

As we have 2 new translations ready and some little fix, i'll send it for next release.

Dunk just fixed the localization of the achievements. They are already translated in different languages, but I will wait a bit to submit as I think we can have danish and Russian before submitting.