Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
toxiciron

Terrafirma plus Tech mods

8 posts in this topic

So this thread is basically a little explanation of my adventure to create a mixture of different tech mods that all work together in TerraFirma.

First off, let me start by saying that this is based on the downloads based off the launchers of the new Tekkit pack, and the launcher of TFC. They were both on Minecraft 1.5.1... I think. And I'm using MultiMC to manage the mods to make this possible.

I hate to be incomplete, but I am a dreamer. My only criteria for if the mods work together is: 1) if the game starts up. That's it. I don't have time to individually test EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF EVERY MOD for compatibility. So you might say, "If there's such a chance that nothing will work correctly, then why are you doing what you are doing?" The simple answer is that I can and it's free. So MEH. I also thought some people might be interested in this anyways...

Another thing to note is that what mods I add is PURELY based on my preference of mods. I also try to keep TFC's mechanics in mind. For example, I'm not adding Balkon's Weapon Mod because weapons are supposed to be hard to make. They're otherwise too easy to make, as against TFC protocol. And most of these things you can make in the other mods already depend on large numbers of ingots that you wouldn't have anyways unless you were pretty far into the metal age of TFC.

I would also like to thank Emris_Morath for his TFC<->Buildcraft sub-mod, as most tech mods I enjoy are based off of Buildcraft, and this certainly helps ease a lot of bugs... and there are probably still a lot of bugs anyways.

So, in MultiMC fashion, I will display a list of mods that, at the least, allows the game to start.

Minecraft.jar

-Minecraft Forge

-Player API

Coremods

-CoFH Core

Mods

-Andrew2448's Modular Powersuits Addon

-Applied Energistics

-Buildcraft

-Buildcraft - TerraFirmaCraft Crossover

-Iron Chest

-MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

-TerraFirmaCraft

-Thermal Expansion

More testing to possibly come later maybe. With a slight doubt.

Alright, you get a chance to explain what you're doing

Alright, you get a chance to explain what you're doing

Looks like he is using MultiMC to test mod compatibility with TFC using a list of mods used in the latest Tekkit?

Toxiciron petitioned to have it reopened

well, what is happening here?

the way i see it, he took and made a pack with either a tekkit copy of tfc and some other tekkit mods. or he has the genuine tfc and tekkit installed, at the same time.........

well, what is happening here?

the way i see it, he took and made a pack with either a tekkit copy of tfc and some other tekkit mods. or he has the genuine tfc and tekkit installed, at the same time.........

Again, looks like the OP is testing mod compatibility using MultMC: "First off, let me start by saying that this is based on the downloads based off the launchers of the new Tekkit pack, and the launcher of TFC. They were both on Minecraft 1.5.1... I think. And I'm using MultiMC to manage the mods to make this possible."

Not sure for what purpose, but I assume he is trying to make as close a list to mimic what Tekkit offers for a similar experience, a "Tekkit+TFC", but instead of using Platform to distribute a mod pack, he's just showing what people can put together themselves using MultMC? Unsure until OP comes out and explains in clearer detail what he is doing, just general speculation right now from me, don't really see the harm in what he is doing, especially since he isn't providing a download link to a mod pack.

Again, looks like the OP is testing mod compatibility using MultMC: "First off, let me start by saying that this is based on the downloads based off the launchers of the new Tekkit pack, and the launcher of TFC. They were both on Minecraft 1.5.1... I think. And I'm using MultiMC to manage the mods to make this possible."

Not sure for what purpose, but I assume he is trying to make as close a list to mimic what Tekkit offers for a similar experience, a "Tekkit+TFC", but instead of using Platform to distribute a mod pack, he's just showing what people can put together themselves using MultMC? Unsure until OP comes out and explains in clearer detail what he is doing, just general speculation right now from me, don't really see the harm in what he is doing, especially since he isn't providing a download link to a mod pack.

If anything, I'm making a spin-off of the current tekkit pack. It's all about the mods packed within tekkit, I don't give a rats ass about the actual tekkit pack in this scenario! If anything, I'm just throwing some tech mods that one could say 'just so happen to be in tekki' to see how many work with TFC. I will NOT be providing downloads for anything, this whole thread is PURELY for reference of other players if they want to try something similar in their own time. Also, it took me so long to respond because I just woke up. I'm in PST