Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zandorum

"Death" Overhaul

6 posts in this topic

When you die, where do you go? Well I think that this would make it so death isn't looked at as dieing. When "Die" you don't get the death screen, you instantly respawn. When respawned instead of it saying the player died it will make your player say "I've dragged myself back home with what I could carry." (If you have slept in a bed, otherwise it will say "I've dragged my self to a clearing, I think I'll be safe here but I'm you") and then a menu would open ("Only if you went home otherwise the menu wont open and you lose everything"). The menu would let you pick X (I'm not 100% sure how many items would be balanced for this so I'm leaving it up to the TFC team) amount of things and the rest is dropped where you "died". When you respawn your bleed out meaning after X (Id say 2 or 3) minutes irl you will be dead, at this point if your not on hardcore you will just respawn again otherwise this is when you would really die. You can make bandages from Vines/String and Wool.

I think this would be a nice addition for "death". To fully experience this id say playing on Hardcore would be great since dragging your self back home would be as dangerous as death but you still have to scramble to stay alive. This would be a fun way to introduce an immersion to dieing and full death.

Love this idea, it does definitely fix the problem of just magickally respawning for no reason. My thoughts though,

when you are Wounded (instead of dying) i like how it gives an explanation of why you appear backa t your house, or clearing as it may be.

Although maybe have it so that you "respawn" the next morning, to symbolize the time it took to crawl back to your home.

For the dying soon after, maybe not so much, you should start at a very low health, maybe a slowness debuff, but i think you shoul've been able to treat the worst of your wounds before you "respawn"

but if you take pretty much any damage soon afterwards, you will die.

as for death. i think it should be a non-optional thing. as well as dying in lava, fire, or void will not give you the chance to crawl back home, you will die, right there, there's no way you're climbing out of a lava pool and being alright.

and for those of us who don't really appreciate dying, one could build a fancy obelisk, maybe made of gem encrusted obsidian or something else just as extravegantly expensive. and then, through complicated enchanting magicks, bind yourself to said obelisk, and if you were to actually die afterwards, you would respawn at that point, with maybe some debuffs on you.

(after which the obelisk would crumble) that d balance out said obelisk :D

but yeah, a really nice idea, but what about mobs? if you drag yourself away from a bear its only going to eat you, sure you can bandage that *sarcasm* how do you account for the point where you have a monster that killed you standing over you (also, you should instadie from a fall as well, no jumping off mountains only to drag yourself back up the mountain safely :P)

In reply to the bears, I think that you should be able to "throw" meat that the bear or creature or whatever would then chase and eat instead of mauling you. Different meats would last longer, and cooked meat would last the longest. I would say red meat, so beef and pork, should last longer than chicken. That way you could get away safely instead of being killed. Just a suggestion :)

Respawn obelisks should look different depending on different variables. Example: Good guys make it out of a really bright type of stone, and evil guys make it out of obsidian. Heck, good guys will make it out of gold for all I care!

Respawn obelisks should look different depending on different variables. Example: Good guys make it out of a really bright type of stone, and evil guys make it out of obsidian. Heck, good guys will make it out of gold for all I care!

Wut? when did good or evil come into this? No, there's no "good" or Evil" values in TFC. Sure there might be magicks that involve darkness or light, but that doesnt make them good or evil respectively. you could have a total jerk using light magicks.

and for the obelisk, i think it should be made using whatever new way we implement Obsidian back into minceraft, probably with a bunch of enchanted gems imbedded into the pillar, maybe some runes carved into it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0