Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
triplethreat78

This is why major TFC server communities are leaving this mod...

10 posts in this topic

No protection features are available for this mod.Now, I don't think that I'm very important but I think Bioxx/Dunk/Whomever need to heed what I'm saying here: If you do NOT start supporting NEI and Bukkit Forge you WILL lose your community. You are already losing your community. Roanoke, a popular TFC server is no longer running TFC for this reason. Griefing/Thieving is a huge problem and they're sick of dealing with it. I believe that I run the last biggest TFC server with over 100 active users on my server. Because people complain about the stealing, they leave the server and apparently go elsewhere but I can't imagine their experience will be any different on any other server... AND my Server developer has actually finagled TFC and Bukkit to work with each other. Not sure how he did it but even with Towny its still a problem because people can just chisel through walls and that sort of thing to get items from people.I know what some of you are going to say "Why not have a whitelist?" The answer is that we do, and the last theif who came here and did the most damage to the server was infact a clean account according to all of the ban registries so even whitelisting your server does nothing for the safety of items and griefing.

In conclusion, this thread is to tell the TFC community that I'm considering cancelling my server service altogether or moving away from TFC and on to a set of mods that are willing to behave with the necessary items needed to keep assholes from taking hard earned items from my people. You need to reply to this thread with a strategy for making TFC work better with the tools that MC players expect to have on any given Minecraft Server.

Thanks for your time.

--TT

hahahahaha. No. This is a beta mod, deal with the whole lot of 'Things will unexpectedly break, fail to work, and change'

cant deal, then go ahead and leave, we really dont need people who cant refuse to understand that things like this happen, and its NOT ALWAYS OUR FAULT.

On bukkitforge in particular, I've gone and asked around, talked to parties involved, Bukkitforge refuses to try, its not TFC's end, sooo... yeah.

[RUN SHAMELESS_PLUG.EXE]

----------------------------------------

Have you tried out Aquor? Aquor has the advantage of running on limited uptime, meaning that it's actually possible to defend your things if you have an active group.

----------------------------------------

I'm sorry to hear that your server didn't work out for you because of thieves and such. Best of luck to you!

Sounds good ECC, I'll go back to IC/BC then. Thanks for proving my point the my community that TFC is full of elitism.

No protection features are available for this mod.Now, I don't think that I'm very important but I think Bioxx/Dunk/Whomever need to heed what I'm saying here: If you do NOT start supporting NEI and Bukkit Forge you WILL lose your community. You are already losing your community. Roanoke, a popular TFC server is no longer running TFC for this reason. Griefing/Thieving is a huge problem and they're sick of dealing with it. I believe that I run the last biggest TFC server with over 100 active users on my server. Because people complain about the stealing, they leave the server and apparently go elsewhere but I can't imagine their experience will be any different on any other server... AND my Server developer has actually finagled TFC and Bukkit to work with each other. Not sure how he did it but even with Towny its still a problem because people can just chisel through walls and that sort of thing to get items from people.I know what some of you are going to say "Why not have a whitelist?" The answer is that we do, and the last theif who came here and did the most damage to the server was infact a clean account according to all of the ban registries so even whitelisting your server does nothing for the safety of items and griefing.

In conclusion, this thread is to tell the TFC community that I'm considering cancelling my server service altogether or moving away from TFC and on to a set of mods that are willing to behave with the necessary items needed to keep assholes from taking hard earned items from my people. You need to reply to this thread with a strategy for making TFC work better with the tools that MC players expect to have on any given Minecraft Server.

Thanks for your time.

--TT

This sounds like a bug with human nature, not the mod. People suck. It's true. I keep my server backed up. It's not a big deal. People who betray their trust get  their rocks off one time. 5 mins later, they're banned and the server is just the way it was before. I don't see why it's fair to the developers of any mod to go out of their way to coddle people who can't handle human nature on their own. Also personally, I like that this mod doesn't baby the players with guaranteed protections, unlimited resources, and spoon fed mechanics. I consider it part of this mod's charm.  For them to focus on those senseless issues means less time devoted to enhancing the gameplay options available.

Funny thing is that I came to this mod seeking more free form gameplay options. I wanted players to feel a sense of weight in not only their activities, but the risks posed by the work needed. It makes TFC perhaps the greatest multiplayer mod there is. It reminds me of Ultima Online a bit. Balance is awesome. Resources are scarce enough to encourage either teamwork or conquest, yet they're rewarding without being imbalanced. It's an awesome mod that attracted me for the same reasons   you say it is forcing people away.

My 2 cents as a server admin who recently fell in love with TFC.

This sounds like a bug with human nature, not the mod. People suck. It's true. I keep my server backed up. It's not a big deal. People who betray their trust get  their rocks off one time. 5 mins later, they're banned and the server is just the way it was before. I don't see why it's fair to the developers of any mod to go out of their way to coddle people who can't handle human nature on their own. Also personally, I like that this mod doesn't baby the players with guaranteed protections, unlimited resources, and spoon fed mechanics. I consider it part of this mod's charm.  For them to focus on those senseless issues means less time devoted to enhancing the gameplay options available.

Funny thing is that I came to this mod seeking more free form gameplay options. I wanted players to feel a sense of weight in not only their activities, but the risks posed by the work needed. It makes TFC perhaps the greatest multiplayer mod there is. It reminds me of Ultima Online a bit. Balance is awesome. Resources are scarce enough to encourage either teamwork or conquest, yet they're rewarding without being imbalanced. It's an awesome mod that attracted me for the same reasons   you say it is forcing people away.

My 2 cents as a server admin who recently fell in love with TFC.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well TT the best thing to do right now is move to others mods until TFC got fixed

Or re-write TFC totaly and fix all, make better suport to servers Etc.

Hope you dont hate me for the 'like spam' I just did. hahah

"Sounds good ECC, I'll go back to IC/BC then. Thanks for proving my point the my community that TFC is full of elitism."

Good good. Just let me correct two things...

First, I am no longer a part of of TFC or this forum. I pop in from time to time, but this mod no longer interests me quite as much as it once did.

Secondly: Your guilt trip there bud... it failed, im actually happy to see what has become a laughing stock go.

oh and because todays is /one of those/, Yes, this post is 100% designed to incite a inflammatory response and I except that I'll get a good talking to from the staffies.

Good luck, good bye, good riddance

Personally, i think that if TFC is survival as it should have been. WHY would any server want 100% protection plugins ?

This thread is being closed as it is not suggesting anything and was created as an attack against the developers and the community.