Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Del

Del plays TerraFirmaCraft

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys (and gals - I can't be the only one around here!),  I started a TerraFirmaCraft Let's Play about .. oh, two months ago as my first Let's Play. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/DelableGaming

Hoping some of you might check it out and see what you think.  Feedback is always welcome (and wanted, can't improve very fast with none!).  Heads up, the first few episodes are a bit rough technically, had to switch headsets, software, etc.. but the quality has gone up! 

Thank you in advance for the help.  Love the mod :)

Del

Hello!

On the second episode and let me tell you, your lets play is the best I've come across despite your issues. Most people have incredibly annoying voices. The women tend to sound like hulk hogan, and the men like prepubescent  eunuchs.

I noticed you've got a bunch of episodes for this lets place, and I imagine you've figured this out already..but I find it easier to not make plank blocks in the beginning when trying to get a house set up. Dig a 3x3x3/5x5x5 hole in the dirt, then use put planks on the top edge of the block. It'll allow you to put dirt blocks on top as a roof. Then a door is just six planks in a crafting table of four plank blocks. Just helps to conserve wood in the beginning.

Also suggest grabbing smart moving and rei's minimap. They are very helpful with TFC.

Cheers,

Michael

Heh, yeah, a little past that.  I wasted soo much wood in the beginning.. didn't know I could 'harvest' tomatoes and other veggies.. etc.  Sooo much learning, but much fun :)   My goal is to put out TFC two times a week, a LAN vanilla minecraft twice a week, and a sad little LP of FFX twice a week.. not always getting there, but thats the current goal! 

and /blush.  Thank you <3  Amusingly enough, my whole life, I've hated hearing my own voice recorded, but this is making me get used to it. ^_^ 

Scared me really bad in the first episode when that creeper blow up. Despite I've known they kind o' harmless, not counting when they blow up your crops, logs, house, chest, tool racks ... damn terrorists!

It's ok to make mistakes. Also get used to getting complements, 'cause you do have a lovely voice, also a good taste.

I like the way you talk to the game, I could watch a whole episode you watching crops to grow and greet and thank every stage of each crop, humbling, finally apologizing for harvesting them.  Without any mocking, I'm serious, maybe having a bit of sleep deprivation too.

Yeah it sounds like you've been doing it before, usually new LP'ers don't have such a good mic or such a pleasant way of commentating even when nothing much is really happening. Subbed!

Lagging might be related to sound. Updating lwjgl worth  a shoot.http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Update_LWJGL

I will definitely have to check that out.  Thank you!  My most common reason is a bit .. sad.  I know I need to delete older video if I start lagging, because my poor computer has filled up.  Someday the computer fairy will visit me?  ~laugh~  Naa.. its all good, it keeps me from being too much of a packrat on older content I've already rendered into video :D 

Yeah it sounds like you've been doing it before, usually new LP'ers don't have such a good mic or such a pleasant way of commentating even when nothing much is really happening. Subbed!

Thank you!  I'd venture my 'experience' on commentating would come from leading raids for the last .. three? expansions in WoW >< This is by far less stressful though! 

You could consider uploading your old footage to free accounts on mediafire or mega and such services. Or get a paid account somewhere for long term storage. Although I don't really see youtube going away soon without priot notice. It's actually trivial to download video from youtube with a browser plugin, so you can always gain access your videos if you need to (although youtube transcodes them so they won't be exact copies, and youtube might make this harder in the future).

EDIT: hah you just posted. That might help, yes.

I use youtube-dl which is a python script. It has two cool flags. One make the script do nothing, but show all the formats youtube has for the link in the argument and the other makes the script not downloading the video, but only write the link to the exact video. Sometimes I use this function to pipe the link with xargs to mplayer.

I don't use youtube-dl for LP's, 'cause I don't think ads would consider this as a view.

This might sound mostly gibberish to non-*unix  users, sorry about that. What I'm trying to say even in multiple aspect, that there are ways. But there's python for windows too after all.