Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kittychanley

Wiki Edits/Suggestions

147 posts in this topic

So I've got four:

The first one is actually a bug, but I can't seem to find a place to post about needed bug fixes, and TFC doesn't send error reports because it's a mod. But basically, if you accidentally shift-click (and I'm assuming just put in regularly as well) a non-workable/weldable item (say, a log) into an anvil, the game will crash - consistently. I figure, until the bug gets fixed, it might be worth adding to the wiki.

Second, a note about the fact that Nutrient Mode on a hoe will show a sharp yellow color (in comparison to the softer yellow hue of nutrient C) for ANY of the nutrients that are completely depleted, might be helpful.

Third, on the Food page, Milk (in a bucket) is included in the Dairy category. However, milk can't actually be ingested directly, and can only be used as an ingredient for cheese. Removing it from the category, and perhaps adding a note that milk can't be consumed as a food, would definitely be good.

Fourth, while it might be purposeful that it's left vague (experiment with different crops etc.), some indication that rum is made with sugar would be very helpful, as currently it is the only alcohol that can be made -> only way to make vinegar -> only way to make cheese -> only way to get dairy.

Welcome to the Forums!

Bug Reports belong in our Support Forum. What version number are you playing exactly? The shift clicking of wrong items into an anvil causing a crash was supposed to be fixed in 78.14. The current version of TFC is 78.17.

The sharp yellow color in nutrient mode is actually for fertilizer, not for empty nutrients, but I'll add a note about that as well.

You're actually supposed to be able to drink milk directly out of the bucket to replenish the dairy category, which is why it's listed there. It is possible that drinking milk straight from the bucket is bugged.

The ingredients for the alcohols are based off of real life. A quick google search, or even the first sentence of most of the wikipedia pages already list it. For Example, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rum :

"Rum is a distilled alcoholic beverage made from sugarcane byproducts, such as molasses, or directly from sugarcane juice, " Players might interpret that as putting sugar cane into the barrel, but when that fails should be able to figure out to use sugar, since that is a byproduct of sugar cane.

Page: Planks

"Stackable Yes, 8"

I'm pretty sure that planks are stackable up to 32

Page: Planks

"Stackable Yes, 8"

I'm pretty sure that planks are stackable up to 32

If you read the top of the page, you will see that this page is about plank blocks, not plank items. Planks blocks DO stack to 8.

EDIT: Well, I'm a derp. Disregard that.

Actually, from the 78.8 Changelog:

• Plank blocks now stack to 32.

I just forgot to make that change on the wiki.. which is a derp moment on my part since I'm the one who coded that change in the mod in the first place.

If you read the top of the page, you will see that this page is about plank blocks, not plank items. Planks blocks DO stack to 8.

Actually, from the 78.8 Changelog:

• Plank blocks now stack to 32.

I just forgot to make that change on the wiki.. which is a derp moment on my part since I'm the one who coded that change in the mod in the first place.

:)

For a moment i thought i was wrong and actually loaded up the game to proof that that's not the case

The "Anatomy" page is not up to date regarding the new health and hunger systems. It's probably not worth replicating everything written on the "Food" page, but a quick summary followed by a link sending you there would definitely be useful. Also, it's probably a good idea to describe what actually causes a player to suffer starvation effects/damage/death, as the "Food" page makes no mention of this.

Also worth mentioning on the "Anatomy" page: the repurposing of the hunger bar. This is also something not explicitly mentioned anywhere (not even in the changelogs). As someone who hasn't played b78 yet and is only browsing info on what changed, I would never have guessed something was different if I had not watched one of Dunk's recent Let's Play videos and was detail-obsessed enough to notice that the food bar went down faster than water. The "Food" page mentions a 'stomach level' in passing while trying to explain item weight handling, but that's really hard to catch and not really in any place a player would look for it.

Finally, again as someone coming to browse for info, I'm missing a page on skills :P There are occasional references to skills existing (such as on the "Agriculture" page), but no page to provide summaries and basic information on that topic in general.

I've said this a few times on the forums now, that there isn't enough information to warrant a skills page. You guys keep insisting though, so I'll make the page... just don't be surprised when you're disappointed at how little information is on it, simply because of how little skills actually do.

Edit: Here ya go, like I said.. there's not much to it:

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Skill

Well, for me it still contained new information, so thanks! For instance, I learned that smithing skill will not affect action success/ease (like, via an increased target size), and that cooking skill will not affect terrible meals. Sometimes the little details are both important and interesting, and showing that there is little to be said is also a kind of information in itself - it prevents speculation and misunderstandings :)

In that regard, I assume "harvesting" for agriculture skill purposes refers to left-click breaking a plant, but not right-clicking it? Since I read in the changelog that harvesting plants that support it via right-clicking will not yield any seeds at all. Due to that distinction, it probably should be stated specifically what is meant (especially if there is also a difference between the two in terms of what action will actually raise the skill).

I can see how that was a little ambiguous. I'll reword it to be more clear. To increase the skill, you have to harvest the plant (left click for most crops, right click for tomatoes/peppers).. so the action that actually gives you the piece of food. The skill is applied for how many seeds you get when you break the plant.

There may be more information to the skills page than you realize.  I understand the weapon, tool, and armor smithing, but I don't what items apply when it comes to general smithing.  You might also want to note that dying will lose you your TFC levels as much as it will your other levels, I found that out with trial and error (AKA: "The hard way").

The skills system isn't fully implemented. The reason there isn't information about which items do which type of smithing skill is because there isn't any differentiation in the code currently.

The losing the skills from dying is also buggy. Some people have reported permanently losing them on death, while others have reported regaining the levels as soon as they relog. Bioxx hasn't made an official decision yet on which is the intended behavior.

TL;DR: The page seems to be lacking information, because the feature isn't actually fully functional yet.

The "Configuration" section on the Protection Meter page refers to 3x3 chunk areas when they should be 5x5 areas.

Also, the numbers in the descriptive text above don't always seem to match up with the config numbers ("6 months maximum" vs. "maxProtectionMonths = 10").

Might also be worth checking the Configuration page itself to see that what's written there matches.

Wheat should be updated to remove the out-of-date reference to obtaining seeds from grass.

The wiki states that turning sand into glass requires it to be Bright Red** (requiring a forge) when in fact it only needs to be Dark Red** and can indeed be made in a campfire using most log types.

The "Configuration" section on the Protection Meter page refers to 3x3 chunk areas when they should be 5x5 areas.

Also, the numbers in the descriptive text above don't always seem to match up with the config numbers ("6 months maximum" vs. "maxProtectionMonths = 10").

Might also be worth checking the Configuration page itself to see that what's written there matches.

I'm not surprised, since a handful of the default values have been changed, but the change wasn't noted anywhere in the update documentation. I'll double check all the values and update the page shortly.

Wheat should be updated to remove the out-of-date reference to obtaining seeds from grass.

I am currently in the process of updating all of the individual crop pages. Until then, the Agriculture page has been up to date for quite a while now, and is the best source of information for all crops.

The wiki states that turning sand into glass requires it to be Bright Red** (requiring a forge) when in fact it only needs to be Dark Red** and can indeed be made in a campfire using most log types.

This was probably changed when Bioxx simplified the heating code. I actually need to go through and double check all of the temperatures now, for stuff like torches and metals as well.

I've said this a few times on the forums now, that there isn't enough information to warrant a skills page. You guys keep insisting though, so I'll make the page... just don't be surprised when you're disappointed at how little information is on it, simply because of how little skills actually do. Edit: Here ya go, like I said.. there's not much to it: http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Skill

You need to mention that Armor Smithing does nothing, as well as everything else that does nothing.

Are you sure that it does nothing? Dunk mentioned in his current Let's Play series that skills need a certain minimum number of points before they start giving bonuses. Maybe you simply didn't have enough points yet to reach that minimum threshold.

...if that is the case, though, that fact might be worth noting on the wiki :P

Dunk has been warned a few times that he needs to double check his information before talking about it in his LP series, since many people assume that everything he says is correct.

Dunk did not write the skills system, Bioxx did. There is no minimum threshold for skills, the very first time that you do something, the skill effect is applied.

Silly Dunk! :D Gonna try and keep that in mind.

The Blast Furnace page says: The Metal Sheets: Place wrought iron or higher tier metal sheets around the sides of the chimney.

​If I'm not mistaken, nickel sheets are 1 tier higher than wrought iron, but they don't work on a blast furnace. So much for saving iron. :(

Can you re-specify tool metal sheets please? 

The Blast Furnace page says: The Metal Sheets: Place wrought iron or higher tier metal sheets around the sides of the chimney.

​If I'm not mistaken, nickel sheets are 1 tier higher than wrought iron, but they don't work on a blast furnace. So much for saving iron. :(

Can you re-specify tool metal sheets please? 

Double checked the code, and it does specifically look for wrought iron, steel, black steel or red/blue steel. The page has been updated to state 

"Place wrought iron or higher tier tool-metal metal sheets around the sides of the chimney."

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Cactus_Green

Cactus does not grow, and as such cactus green, or derivative colors are unavailable.

Cactus does seem to grow/spawn, found some out in the ocean on a sandy island, this wasnt the first time i think the first time i found it it was on a sandy patch next to a mountain a collection of 2 times 3 high cactus. Not sure if intended, since they seem useless atm, but they are there to be found/grown.