Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kittychanley

Wiki Edits/Suggestions

147 posts in this topic

Please post any suggestions you have for the wiki. This includes, but is not limited to: Missing Pages, Incorrect Information, Typos, and other information you would like to see on the wiki, that currently isn't there.

Please do not ask for raw data/numbers to be posted on the wiki for things like smithing, durability and weapon damage. These requests will be ignored.

The first Pickaxe guide the stone anvil part needs to be edited so people know they need certain kinds of rocks for the stone anvil, not just any rock or granite.

The whole of the wiki could use an update, a lot of general information is either out of date or not explained very well. Such as the protection meter, I don't quite understand what "spawn protection" means in this case, does it mean hostile mobs don't spawn in an area? or does it mean that you have an area of land that gets the same kind of protection as default spawn on servers? There are a good portion of the pages with equally ambiguous information.

The whole of the wiki could use an update, a lot of general information is either out of date or not explained very well. Such as the protection meter, I don't quite understand what "spawn protection" means in this case, does it mean hostile mobs don't spawn in an area? or does it mean that you have an area of land that gets the same kind of protection as default spawn on servers? There are a good portion of the pages with equally ambiguous information.

Spawn protection means protection from hostile mobs. I will make sure to add that to that page.

The ambiguation is the reason that I have created this thread. There are so many pages on the wiki, and it's hard to know which ones people visit and don't understand or are getting wrong information from.

The bloomery could do a better explanation, I still don't quite understand it any more than it smelts ores en masse, I get a vague feeling of inefficiency using it, but all the wiki says is a rough 1:1 ratio of ore to charcoal is the most efficient, but dropping in say 8 ores and 8 charcoal isn't 1:1 in the bloomery GUI. Dual ores are also very strange, and there's no mention of them on the wiki other than on the ore page mentioning that two different metals come from one ore.

The 1 to 1 ratio is correct, however if you are starting from a cold bloomery, you need to throw in one piece of charcoal to light it first. So to smelt 8 ores in a hot bloomery, you need a minimum of 8 charcoal. If you are smelting 8 ores in a cold bloomery, you need a minimum of 9 charcoal. Certain ores take longer to smelt, and may require more charcoal, and any time you use a bellows you will need to use more charcoal. Basically, just make sure the charcoal bar is the same or to the right of the ore bar. This may require running up and down throwing in single pieces of charcoal.

I have added that the initial lighting charcoal doesn't count towards the 1:1 ratio, but other than that the bloomery page is pretty self explanatory.

As for Dual ores, they are being removed in build 77, so we aren't going to bother putting more information on them on the wiki. Basically when you smelted them you would always get the primary metal from it, and there was a low chance of also getting the secondary metal. If you were melting it in a firepit, you would want to keep a ceramic mold in both output slots in case you did get both.

Dual ore removed? Why ? I don't understand. There is not much of them but it's cool... so does it mean that lead will disappear? I know it's useless, but I like my ingot piles (even the useless ingot piles)

Dual ore removed? Why ? I don't understand. There is not much of them but it's cool... so does it mean that lead will disappear? I know it's useless, but I like my ingot piles (even the useless ingot piles)

The code for them was sloppy, and they were never handled very well in terms of how they were supposed to smelt. Breaking bloomeries and such. I believe that the dual ores are simply going to be split into their individual metals for ore, instead of one ore item producing two metals.

The code for them was sloppy, and they were never handled very well in terms of how they were supposed to smelt. Breaking bloomeries and such. I believe that the dual ores are simply going to be split into their individual metals for ore, instead of one ore item producing two metals.

Ok, so does it mean that if I find Tetrahedrite, I can break it into two parts that will have to be smelt individually, or does it mean that it will disappear and we can only get silver from native silver and copper from native copper ? Always got my silver from galena and tetrahedrite, so it sound a bit scarry for me.

And I never broke a single bloomery with the double metal ore, so I would think they work well... If the code is sloppy, you improve it.. no?

Not sure how important that actually is to you guys, but I've long since noticed that the Trees page isn't accurate in terms of burn temperatures. For example, ash is listed as "medium-high" and oak as "high", implying that oak has the higher burn temperature of the two. Ingame however, ash wood burns one * hotter than oak (true in B75 and B76, did not check any others). Other wood types are also out of line with the wiki.

I never bothered to mention it, or to make detailed measurements, before today because there seems to be a general disinterest/suspicion towards detail information on these forums. But if you wish, I can try.

Not sure how important that actually is to you guys, but I've long since noticed that the Trees page isn't accurate in terms of burn temperatures. For example, ash is listed as "medium-high" and oak as "high", implying that oak has the higher burn temperature of the two. Ingame however, ash wood burns one * hotter than oak (true in B75 and B76, did not check any others). Other wood types are also out of line with the wiki.

I never bothered to mention it, or to make detailed measurements, before today because there seems to be a general disinterest/suspicion towards detail information on these forums. But if you wish, I can try.

After looking into the game's code, it appears that the temperatures on the wiki are indeed correct.

Could you please alert readers of this page on the wiki that "As of build 76, the gold pan is still in development and does not yield any ores or gems on its own.  It can still be used to fill a sluice."

Reference:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4389-has-anyone-had-any-success-using-a-gold-pan/

Done, thank you for your suggestion!

-The picture for the calendar GUI is missing on the "Calendar" page.

-The "Quern" and "Land" pages are missing the navigation panel.

-"Fruit Tree" does not redirect to "Fruit Trees"

-The spawn rate of fruit trees seems to be related to lattitude. Maybe those trees can be organized by the common temperatures they are found in.

-In the navigation pane, it might be cleaner to link the words "Ores" and "Metals" directly to the "Ores & Minerals" page rather than relying on redirects. The words will be properly bolded to indicate that you're on the right page if this is done.

-Rotating the tables on the "Ores & Minerals" page may allow the tables to fit properly.

Under 'Tools', I found it confusing the first couple times to discuss the 8 modes all at once, as four are only for the hoe, and four are only for the chisel.  I think it would make the most sense to discuss those under the two tools.  The 'tools' page could still mention them, and note that 'M' changes modes by default.

I would find it useful if the pages for individual items listed their size, weight, and stack size, along with what can be used to store them;  rather than having to reference the Storage Solutions page every time.

The pages for Buckets and Construction don't mention the possibility of filling buckets with limewater.  The former should probably also mention the recipe for mortar.

The Construction page should perhaps mention the Crafting Table, since it makes a point of mentioning every other vanilla plank recipe.  And of course the axe recipe for planks will have to go once build 77 comes out.

The Mobs page could really stand to mention the number of drops, if this is allowed.  (At a minimum, it should mention that drops from passive mobs are increased from vanilla.)  Also, I find the personal slur against Dunkleosteus quite jarring every time I see it.  That whole page could use a rework, honestly.

Personally, I like the joke about Dunk's laziness. Its refreshing to know that the people behind the game have a sense of humor and are enjoying themselves.

Kreicus and I are currently working very hard to update the wiki for build 77. Any suggestions will be put on hold until we are finished.

on the metal page, stirling silver is listed as a base metal and not as an alloy.

Sorry about creating that new page. I didn't know it wasn't allowed without the Wiki Mods' permission.

Sorry about creating that new page. I didn't know it wasn't allowed without the Wiki Mods' permission.

Feel free, just if the page isnt finished post a large note on top saying as much, or dont link it anywhere on the page, so we dont have misinformation :)  That said..

Everyone:

During this time of transition ito B77 there will be a LOT of things that are wrong on the wiki for some time.  However, please continue to post changes here because there are so many changes now it will be hard for us to remember all the things that need to be done, just understand that many things will be wrong right now so dont hate us over it :(:).

Alright then! I'll try to make good edits. :)

It's fine. You had good intentions. I just already had a plan for that page (and most of the other Build 77 pages), and the table formatting that you put in was a bit of a mess.

Also, remember to read the entire page before making edits. The forge page was correct in its instructions for making it out of coal, the instructions for the charcoal block was listed in the paragraph below it; so I had to revert that edit too.

in the old bloomery page, the recipe is the one of the new bloomery

-In "Storage Solutions" it says that Ceramic Vessels can be stored in Ceramic Vessels.

-Block IDs are shown in "Storage Solutions"

-Anvils and Barrels are placeable on ground