Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Crysyn

Only help if you can be helpful

Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
    • Kittychanley

Offline Servers

Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
CreeperVon

Build 77

64 posts in this topic

I've been playing the most recent build from source and so far i really like what i see. Most changes are pretty intuitive, such as knapping a stone javelin head rather than just crafting a rock and a stick together. Plus the new system for clay molds and pottery seems amazing from what i little i managed to figure out, but I can't make a pit kiln to save my life. Can't wait til the official release with some instructions so i can enjoy the mod more fully. Ever since TFC came out I can't bare to play vanilla minecraft anymore!

well, from the changelog, I can see it's going to be somehow a new experience.... with calamari !

I've been playing the most recent build from source and so far i really like what i see. Most changes are pretty intuitive, such as knapping a stone javelin head rather than just crafting a rock and a stick together. Plus the new system for clay molds and pottery seems amazing from what i little i managed to figure out, but I can't make a pit kiln to save my life. Can't wait til the official release with some instructions so i can enjoy the mod more fully. Ever since TFC came out I can't bare to play vanilla minecraft anymore!

I totally agree with you. Vanilla minecraft just doesn't satisfy me anymore. 

My apologies for my lack of knowledge on the subject, but how would I go about compiling the source code? Or should I simply wait for the release build?

hemp! new gui for the huds! fantastic! 

only one thing i do not understand: why bismuth, tin, rose gold ecc ecc tools and armors have been removed?

only one thing i do not understand: why bismuth, tin, rose gold ecc ecc tools and armors have been removed?

Yeah, I miss the early metals too. Combine that with obtaining planks being much more difficult and I've had to change around my early game tactics. I used to enjoy using a sluice battery to get myself going in the beginning. Just takes some getting used to.  I love the whole pottery addition. Adds so much more depth.

My apologies for my lack of knowledge on the subject, but how would I go about compiling the source code? Or should I simply wait for the release build?

It's fairly complicated if you don't know what you're doing, so you should probably wait.

Because those metals are really soft, and don't make very good tools/weapons/armor.

I didn't know hemp was added, presumably for rope then.  It seems to be a popular request.  What would rope be used for then, corraling animals?

Speaking of which, are horses going to be in the next build?  Bioxx and Dunk mentioned it earlier, but looking through the git I didn't see any horse entities.  Maybe they is just waiting to merge the code until it is finished.  Horses aren't really a dealbreaker for me though, TFC is fun enough without them.

I didn't know hemp was added, presumably for rope then.  It seems to be a popular request.  What would rope be used for then, corraling animals?

Speaking of which, are horses going to be in the next build?  Bioxx and Dunk mentioned it earlier, but looking through the git I didn't see any horse entities.  Maybe they is just waiting to merge the code until it is finished.  Horses aren't really a dealbreaker for me though, TFC is fun enough without them.

Started the models, haven't gotten much farther. b77 will probably be released without horses, but they are definitely coming in the future. I posted a link to the model on a thread somewhere around here.

If there's no more multiple metal ores, does that mean we don't have any ways to separate metals in blends? Like basic centrifuge or something?

By the way. Is there any information about current progression system in this mod? Will it still stop at the magicky-blacksmithing level or is there any plans on expanding the thing further? It's somewhat crucial to the fanart I'm working at.

A couple questions about the changelog:

What are the kaolinite and graphite powders used for?What's the point of alcohols?  Sure, imbibing too much is bad, but what's good about imbibing them at all?

What are the kaolinite and graphite powders used for?What's the point of alcohols?  Sure, imbibing too much is bad, but what's good about imbibing them at all?

Kaolinite and Graphite powder are required to make fire clay, which is used to make a crucible, which is the new version of the metallurgy table (making alloys).

Alcohols add a bit of culture and fun to the game, you also have a random chance of getting good potion effects instead of bad ones, and it will even slur any text that you type into chat while inebriated. 

My guess is for the same reason people drink in real life, to have fun.  It adds an element of realism and roleplaying to be incorporated in the game, and we can finally build taverns filled with alcohols and spirits of the finest vintage, not to mention, it's something that can be done with excess food, though I'm not sure how the ratios are going to turn out.

I only hope that they don't refill thirst.  Alcoholic beverages will actually dehydrate, unless they are particularily weak.

It occurs to me that graphite could perhaps also be used to make markings?  Is that in fact the case?

Honestly, the scribing table has always struck me as one of the weakest parts of TFC.

Oh, another question if I might:Do mobs have special resistance against damage types?  It would make perfect sense for skeletons to take less damage from Piercing, for example.

My guess is for the same reason people drink in real life, to have fun.  It adds an element of realism and roleplaying to be incorporated in the game, and we can finally build taverns filled with alcohols and spirits of the finest vintage, not to mention, it's something that can be done with excess food, though I'm not sure how the ratios are going to turn out.

I only hope that they don't refill thirst.  Alcoholic beverages will actually dehydrate, unless they are particularily weak.

I hope they do refill thirst. Alcohol is a diuretic, but the effects aren't immediate. If a potion effect can be implemented to increase the rate of dehydration, that could be applied when you drink it, along with the immediate benefit of refilling a portion of your thirst bar. It would be a net loss, sure, but the immediate effect would be positive.

It occurs to me that graphite could perhaps also be used to make markings?  Is that in fact the case?

Honestly, the scribing table has always struck me as one of the weakest parts of TFC.

As for now, scribing table use squid ink marking, but Bioxx said he want to get rid of the scribing table for build 78... so we will have to wait

Alcohols add a bit of culture and fun to the game, you also have a random chance of getting good potion effects instead of bad ones, and it will even slur any text that you type into chat while inebriated. 

I'd say we take random element mostly out of the process and replace it with the brew quality system. There's plenty of ways to royally screw up while brewing alcohol I can think of that can be implemented in the game and not be super annoying.

Because random element without ways to tone its effect down does not require any sort of skill or knowledge involved.

I haven't played around with the alcohols much at all so I can't really say anything about em, but a still or some sort of brewing process does sound like a great idea. It would definitely fit the feel of TFC better than implementing potion brewing. I'd enjoy sitting arounnd the house on a rainy day making some moonshine lol. On an unrelated note, I was just playing build 77 and got completely trashed by a Javelin skeleton. It was great! Love the addition. I'm hoping it's a bug but it seemed to move at near light speed. I had no chance of hitting it. And are the javelin's thrown by skeletons supposed to be on fire?

I haven't played around with the alcohols much at all so I can't really say anything about em, but a still or some sort of brewing process does sound like a great idea. It would definitely fit the feel of TFC better than implementing potion brewing. I'd enjoy sitting arounnd the house on a rainy day making some moonshine lol. On an unrelated note, I was just playing build 77 and got completely trashed by a Javelin skeleton. It was great! Love the addition. I'm hoping it's a bug but it seemed to move at near light speed. I had no chance of hitting it. And are the javelin's thrown by skeletons supposed to be on fire?

How did you get build 77? It's not on the downloads page for me.

How did you get build 77? It's not on the downloads page for me.

From source on github. Its not complete or anything of course so i expect issues. I'd rather play an incomplete version of TFC than play vanilla minecraft though. I'd recommend waiting for release if you want a stable experience. I'm just impatient plus I enjoy seeing the development process in action despite the bugs. :)  Many thanks to Bioxx and Dunk for keeping the source freely available and giving us that option. I've seen a lot of minecraft mods made by larger teams that don't come anywhere near to the quality of TFC. Even its unfinished builds!

From source on github. Its not complete or anything of course so i expect issues. I'd rather play an incomplete version of TFC than play vanilla minecraft though. I'd recommend waiting for release if you want a stable experience. I'm just impatient plus I enjoy seeing the development process in action despite the bugs. :)  Many thanks to Bioxx and Dunk for keeping the source freely available and giving us that option. I've seen a lot of minecraft mods made by larger teams that don't come anywhere near to the quality of TFC. Even its unfinished builds!

Thanks alot! :D

Nevermind the github way, its out! Yay! Skeletons are still fast as hell though.

I feel really stupid asking this, but for some reason it seems impossible to make a crafting bench and a saw to make one, due to the lack of planks. you need planks to make a saw, and you need a saw to make planks!  I have been trying to solve this for like 3 hrs, if anyone here could take me out of my overstupifed misery, I would be very happy.