Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
PaoloEmilio

Mountable animals & more realistic mobs

9 posts in this topic

I hope my third suggestion is finally accepted. Well then, my idea is to have 4 different mountable animals. The first one is the horse, who can be found on plains. Then the camel, found in the desert. The elephant found in both the desert, the plains, and the forest. And finally, the Llama, found in the mountains. We have specific saddle for each animal. The horses are fed by apple and grains. The camels can be fed with cacti.

The elephants with straw and saplings (IRL they eat grass, branches and leaves). And the llama with apples. Once fed, they will become your pets. When the are pets, you can breed them the same way (if there is at least a male and a female, of course). And pleace, replace hostile mobs like this:

Delete zombies, skeletons, endermans and creepers and replace them with wild animals like the lion, tiger, crocodile and scorpion. Make these spawn at the surface, and in caves the rat, replacement for silverfish, also spawns in the surface.. Make spider spawn in caves and the surface. The drops like this:

Lion, spawned in plains and deserts, a bit south of the equator, drop hide, mutton (maybe other meat) and claws.

Tiger, spawned more to the east in forests and jungles, drop hide, meat, claws.

Crocodile spawn in swamps all around the world. They drop crocodile pelt, that could be directly used to make clothing without treatment.

The scorpion roams in the desert in the equator. They drop stings, usable as poisoning weapons.

Spiders spawn everywhere except the desert. They drop their spider eye and strings, naturally.

The rat spawns everywhere. They drop rat meat, that can poison you if you eat it, even cooked.

All these are neutral if directly hit by sunlight.

Well, mainly this is based in mo creatures mod, I did not suggest bear/deers because I think they were already added. Also, make hostile mobs spawn rates slower. It is true night can be dangerous, but normally you can go camping without trouble, or sitting in front of your house without having trouble.

By the way, if some sort of admin or mod comes, I have a question. Why Bioxx and Dunk said NO to NPC's? Everyone or almost everyone wants them.

I think the NPC's would need a lot of coding, maybe? Or maybe its just that the devs have other things planned and are backed up on ideas.

By the way, Even crocodile/alligator hides need to be preserved by rubbing salt into them. A way to get salt would be to right click ocean-biome water with a bowl I your hands to get a bowl of salt, then combining reptile hide with salt in the crafting grid to get salted hides, then washing the salted reptile hides by putting it with a bucket of water in the crafting grid. It seems that you want the croc hides to be easier to prepare, and this way would be simpler than leather.

Lions/Tigers/Cougars/Panthers and the rest of the big cats could drop fur, which could be used to make armor with a higher warmth rating, when the temperature overhaul comes out.

Also, I think there are a lot of mob threads out there. Maybe this should just be filed under that

This stuff has already been suggested to death and is already confirmed to an extent. Surface mobs will be replaced entirely by real-life animals, and the current hostiles will be moved to crypts and  tombs.

A way to get salt would be to right click ocean-biome water with a bowl I your hands to get a bowl of salt.

Filling a bowl with ocean water doesn't give me salt. Just saying. I don't think it's that easy either.

Filling a bowl with ocean water doesn't give me salt. Just saying. I don't think it's that easy either.

I suppose you could also fill a ceramic vessel with said ocean water and place it out in the sun for a day or two, then right-click the vessel on the ground with a bowl to retrieve salt. That works better, I think. More believable?

Two things.

NPC's? 

NO.

GOD NO.

NO.

The addition of the would ruin the the thing entirely. At least to me. It should be more like '' building your civilization and tech tree in the wildernees and rule the virgin world alone and unmatched'' than '' making a camp at the woods and shopping at the village market''.

Another thing, why rat meat should be poisonous? I mean maybe nowadays, but at the old times they didn't have to chew plastic bags n' toxic wastes.

And the chinese eat them.

In fact, why not to have domesticated mice? They would devour some grains but they reproduce SO fast that it would be a good food source.

Two things.

NPC's? 

NO.

GOD NO.

NO.

The addition of the would ruin the the thing entirely. At least to me. It should be more like '' building your civilization and tech tree in the wildernees and rule the virgin world alone and unmatched'' than '' making a camp at the woods and shopping at the village market''.

Another thing, why rat meat should be poisonous? I mean maybe nowadays, but at the old times they didn't have to chew plastic bags n' toxic wastes.

And the chinese eat them.

In fact, why not to have domesticated mice? They would devour some grains but they reproduce SO fast that it would be a good food source.

This is why we refuse to add NPCs.

The proteins in raw meat are often too long to be easily broken down by the bacteria and enzymes in our gut, making raw meat hard to digest and causing us to consume more energy to break it down into manageable compounds. It can also have dangerous bacteria growing on it such as salmonella.

-snip-

I think you're sort-of mis-understanding him.  By NPC's he isn't referring to humans, but to the things we have come to call "mobs."  But if you got that, I don't see how fleshing out the quite obviously barren areas of the mod that don't have to do with metalworking is at all such a terrible thing.  The fact that there are still vampire zombies and skeletons roaming around in what is supposed to be a real-world themed mod is just shameful in my eyes.  I'd rather a roaming lion, or even re-skinned barbarians, be my demise than a group of nocturnal Halloween costumes.  Half-implemented, meatless, deer are just about the only thing we have separating TFC's animals from vanilla Minecraft's.

This is why we refuse to add NPCs.The proteins in raw meat are often too long to be easily broken down by the bacteria and enzymes in our gut, making raw meat hard to digest and causing us to consume more energy to break it down into manageable compounds. It can also have dangerous bacteria growing on it such as salmonella.

Maybe if you put that a village can be generated if the generated structures say ys and if not they are not generated?