Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zerren

[TFC 0.78.9] ExtraFirma Addon v1.0.4

334 posts in this topic

Heh, I knew all of that. I'm currently using Custom Ore Generation to "fix" the worldgen of Chromaticraft... and that's actually the biggest problem with using a lot of forge mods in TFC. Worldgen. Unless I want to play with Ex Nihilo/Ex Astris and completely invalidate the entire "believability" core pillar of TFC... at which point why am I playing TFC?

But that still doesn't invalidate my original point :-p. Just because you can work around lost features with Minetweaker and Tabula Rasa, Quadrum, and/or CustomThings doesn't mean they're not missing features, after all.

You are now just arguing semantics. No one said that this shouldn't bother updating because the features can be replaced. It hasn't and may never update, so people were offering ways to try and fill the gap.

Which is fine, I'm just striving for accuracy of information. If nobody argues these semantic things, people will become lazier about this stuff, and good accurate information will become harder and harder to find. I'm not saying that it is impossible to get most of the features of ExtraFirma in the latest version of TFC. I'm saying that the accuracy of the original point to which I responded leaves something to be desired.

The point, for me, isn't "There's a way to work around this" or "please help me get all these features in the new version with some combination of mods". My point is that the top of the page is demonstrably inaccurate, and I'm merely giving information that isn't misleading for anyone that comes by in a few hours, days, or even months.

Say someone is watching a TFC video with ExtraFirma installed, and loves... I dunno... the colored bookcases. There's a link in the video description to this thread. Reading more about the mod, this hypothetical person likes what they see and wants to play with ExtraFirma in their more up-to-date version of TerraFirmaCraft. Unfortunately ExtraFirma is incompatible with the new version. So this person reads the last few forum pages to see if maybe an update is being planned. They notice that it appears to (unfortunately) be abandoned. They continue reading to see if maybe someone has created a spiritual successor (or right-out remake). They then reach the post by Terex. Terex says something that implies that a lot of functionality from ExtraFirma is in this other mod. All I was doing was making it so that someone doesn't have to investigate the other mod thread to find out that, no in point of fact Decorations Addon does not have "a lot" of the functionality of ExtraFirma. It only has the Adobe/Mud bricks and the lanterns (which are in two or three mods now).

I'm not going to post my minetweaker file and quadrum resource pack that allows me to duplicate the bookcase feature, both because that's not been requested and because that doesn't exist (I quit playing TFC a while back, and nothing has brought me back as of this post). One of the things I've been waiting for is a mod like ExtraFirma. Dedicated to working within the theme of the mod, but extending functionality, filling in gaps, or both. As far as I'm concerned, Minetweaker is great for "normal" modded play, but a large portion of TFC is (as far as I am aware, even with ModTweaker) unsupported. You can't use it to add new anvil recipes, or barrel recipes. While things like Tabula Rasa can add custom blocks and items that you can texture to your hearts desire (assuming you're an artist or know one), they can't integrate with the FEEL and mechanics of TFC in even close to the same way that an addon can.

Maybe if I was a programmer and has spare time, I might start working on ExtraFirma: Reborn! But I'm not. All I can do is keep my subscription to this thread, hoping for news on an update or an ACTUAL replacement, and in the meantime make sure the information on this thread stays as accurate (and therefore useful) as possible.

so what exatly needs to be done to update Extrafirma to 1.7.10?

Seeing how the developer went MIA nearly a year ago, and never posted the code for someone else to use, it pretty much requires someone else to start from scratch. Which pretty much means the Decorations mod is your best bet for replacing at least some of the functionality of ExtraFirma for now.

i have  weird crash i dont really know the problem, i hav tried several versions of extrafirma and they dont work with the modpack im currently using. im playing on a laptop lenovo g560 and here is my crash report with the current up to date version.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Ooh. Shiny.

Time: 11/22/15 4:33 PM
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/common/ICraftingHandler
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:163)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:544)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:208)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/common/ICraftingHandler
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:344)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:440)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:513)
    ... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.ICraftingHandler
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
    ... 35 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182)
    ... 37 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
    Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
    Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 167271104 bytes (159 MB) / 273170432 bytes (260 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
    JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.99.99 Minecraft Forge 10.13.4.1448 11 mods loaded, 11 mods active
    States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
    UC    mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar)
    UC    FML{7.10.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10.jar)
    UC    Forge{10.13.4.1448} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10.jar)
    UC    tfc_coremod{0.79.25} [TFC[coremod]] (minecraft.jar)
    UC    CodeChickenCore{1.0.7.47} [codeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar)
    UC    NotEnoughItems{1.0.5.118} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.5.118-universal.jar)
    UC    terrafirmacraft{0.79.25} [TerraFirmaCraft] ([1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.25.845.jar)
    UE    ExtraFirma{1.1.0} [ExtraFirma] (extrafirma-universal-1.0.4-1.6.4.jar)
    UC    FastCraft{1.21} [FastCraft] (fastcraft-1.21.jar)
    UC    journeymap{@JMVERSION@} [JourneyMap] (journeymap-1.7.10-5.1.0-unlimited.jar)
    UC    TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin{1.5.3.24} [TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin] (TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin-1.7.10-1.5.3.24.jar)
    GL info: ' Vendor: 'Intel' Version: '2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2900' Renderer: 'Intel® HD Graphics'

Edited by Kittychanley
Just use [spoiler] Text goes here [/spoiler]

i have  weird crash i dont really know the problem, i hav tried several versions of extrafirma and they dont work with the modpack im currently using. im playing on a laptop lenovo g560 and here is my crash report with the current up to date version.

In case you didn't notice, this topic is in the "Outdated" section of the forums, and the title says 78.9. This addon is not, and likely never will be compatible with the latest version of TFC.

Make a new addon that adds biomes!! And tropics! and cactuses! and crabs and iguanas! And Deserts! And....

Sand Lions.

This topic has been locked because it keeps getting necro'd by people who don't realize it's been abandoned. If the original author ever comes back they can message me to have it unlocked.