Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zerren

[TFC 0.78.9] ExtraFirma Addon v1.0.4

334 posts in this topic

I'm a vanilla noob, it's true that name tag require anvil. It's not that important for me, but you know, it's a nice feature.

For the wool I did not saw It's done, nice to see it have been done.

I tried making the name tag very early on, actually. I wanted one to keep a creeper around, so he didn't despawn.

Naming parent animals would be helpful.

---------

Suggestions are put on a temporary halt at the moment, thanks guys for giving me such good ideas. I'm implementing the ones I found useful very soon.

Maybe wool cloth should be dyed using a barrel?  Anyway, this looks really great!

Dunno if you're planning to make more decorative blocks, but malachite would be gorgeous.

I may or may not ask weird things, but is it possible to add this mod support in TFC via this addon?

Or do I need to bug Dunk/Bioxx for that?

@The Shadow: Malachite blocks WOULD be gorgeous, and also very expensive. Why not? It's basically only a texture, I'll give it a go.

Wool dying using barrels would be good later, but I've not found a way to add an external recipe using the barrel. It seems like they're all hardcoded.

@transcengopher: Is it not compatible already? I don't know much about things like that. Seems like all TFC leaves would have to extend BlockLeavesBase if they don't already.

1.0.1 preview, a few features

Posted Image

that just look like... colored candle and clolred stone... I see nothing else except this black box... what is it?

that just look like... colored candle and clolred stone... I see nothing else except this black box... what is it?

He's showing the pulling animation for using the crossbow

@transcengopher: Is it not compatible already? I don't know much about things like that. Seems like all TFC leaves would have to extend BlockLeavesBase if they don't already.

It is, technically. Doesn't crash instantly, for one thing. Other thing is that mod's grass doesn't render on TFC blocks and "better leaves" are using improper texture. Looks something like this.

Posted Image

I think, I can handle comiling proper "rounded" textures, but they will still need to be registered in the blocks' class.

Digging through stuff, I'm annoyed mod's author hasn't left any config of any kind to register textures. Though I can see why, I'm still annoyed.

Erm... Furnace block, Malachite block (is it really?), crossbows, colored candles.

Edit:

Oh, oh! I can place candles on ceiling and walls, and that looks unintended.

No, this is the malachite block.

Posted Image

Candles fixed soon, they now have to be on something.

Awesome! I've always wanted to do something like this myself, with all those little features, but I've never really gotten around to it. :P Thanks for doing this though. I've played around with it and I like it. Can't wait for the next update. :)

No, this is the malachite block.

Posted Image

Candles fixed soon, they now have to be on something.

OH! That was the colored stone!

My previous answer was an attempt to make a joke, that is pretending I did not saw the crossbow.

So the two colored blocks that the candles were on were jet and olivine?

Is that a blast furnace in the pic, or something else?

Awesome! I would really look forward to some sort of new transportation features and vehicles, maybe improving the rail system both graphically and functionally? Donkeys and mules with saddlebags sound pretty cool. Maybe since horses aren't really climbing animals (they're quite delicate) you should make so that they can only jump high if they've picked up some speed, and donkeys/mules can climb steeper slopes/mountain paths easier?

I know you aren't trying to radically change original TFC features, but I would love for someone to make some sort of a mechanical power/windmill/waterwheel addon. 

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot, maybe you can somehow re-add the scribing table(with a better model, ike the one from thaumcraft with the inkwell and feather and stuff). The scribing table would serve to edit the written books, name nametags, and maybe rename itmes? You would only be able to write books using this table and crafting an inkwell and quill (These you would place in a slot much like the quern handle, and would have a visual indication on the table model).

Just a few ideas.

Very awesome addon, but I am however reluctant to add it to my server.....if TerraFirmaCraft updates, will this mod be compatible...or will we have to wait for EFC to update along side it?

Also, not sure how keen you are on suggestions....but is it possible to make an armor stand to display gear? My blacksmith shop just can't be complete without displaying my work behind my vendor counter. Maybe something like the Armor stand from Bibliocraft.

Posted Image

Either way, mod looks great. Good work on it.

@The Shadow: There are currently 3 ore decoration blocks: Jet, Olivine, and Malachite. The first picture was jet and olivine, which now have different textures than what is in the picture. (Slightly).

The black box is a spoiler to an upcoming block. Maybe not in 1.0.1, but very soon when I get the bugs hammered out. I want to get you guys out an update with all of the changes I have so far, and that feature might have to wait.

@fofi9753: I'm not going to overwrite features from TFC, but I'm not against making new variants of old blocks for looks. I was debating adding crafting tables for all of the woods.

I have a method of making and renaming nametags, not using levels.

You craft a brass nametag using a brass sheet, a braided string, and a marking, and right click on a written sign with it. It will rename the nametag to whatever was written on the first line of the sign. (maybe soon it uses all 4 and adds them together) You can rename it forever until you use it on a mob, and is then consumed.

@Benelli: I developed this addon against 77.10, and its natively compatible with 77.11. I updated before releasing, but since I don't edit any TFC files, as long as there is no huge code restructure it should always be compatible for the Minecraft version TFC is on. (Every* future version of TFC for 1.6.2 is compatible with my mod probably, I haven't tested anything below 77.10)

I've heard that the TFC devs want an armor stand, so I might delegate this problem temporarily to being a TFC crafting recipe for the Bibliocraft armor stand, as an addon of sorts. You'll need bibliocraft, but you'll be able to use TFC metal to make it.

Great addon!! a powerfull bow Was just needed in TFC, but Bioxx and Dunk probably have more complex thigs to add to TFC, like fully new sistems (Pottery and Leatherwork Just popped out recently, maybe will arise that dreamed food decaing/preserve sistem)

I just love your bow, in fact it's the only thing I actually use (Untill I got badass to do my metal coated worksho´p)(

But, I really want to dye the arrow feathers, would come handy to retrieve them,

I've been limited for mid range with your arrows so i don't loose them...

and, I work with stonecrafting and malachite have bands of lighter and darker green,It could be narrow straigth ligh dark bands on 4 sides and circles on the other axis,(working like a wood block, If possible)  the way it's now looks just like a green granite...Or quartz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ermit%C3%A1%C5%BE.jpg

oooh medicine addition =)

do you plan some kind of alchemy?

I've heard that the TFC devs want an armor stand, so I might delegate this problem temporarily to being a TFC crafting recipe for the Bibliocraft armor stand, as an addon of sorts. You'll need bibliocraft, but you'll be able to use TFC metal to make it.

I think that back in build 76, the TFC armor on the Bibliocraft stand was somehow buggy. Might have to check it before putting a custom recipe (that can easily be done with custom npc) I think you should focus on TFC items, not on cross compatibility between TFC and other mods.

There has been some talk on my server abought blueprint. So we started talking about how they would work, and this is what we came up with.

You would have a book that you could use to store and write information about each blueprint. You would also be able to copy each print if you have paper and ink on you. Of corse is would be better if in the book you could see that the blue print looked like.

What do you think ?

v1.0.1 released, which adds some missing features from the original, in addition to some extras.

Changed items are the Crossbow (old recurve bow) and Bolts (old arrows, crafted the same).

Added a few items including basic herbalism system of grinding flowers (currently only Kingsblood) into pastes for use on bandages, bandages which heal instantly and apply a regeneration effect, a brass name tag to rename your herd or captured creepers (tooltip demonstrates how to rename), a few new status effects, 1 of which is currently available, a few new decorative blocks, carpet recipes..

If you want a list of all of the changed features, there is a detailed changelog in the main post.

Some recipes are changed. Ones that can't be looked up via nei are posted in the changelog, while others are best found out via Chickenbones' Amazing NEI : http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/909223-162-smp-chickenbones-mods/

-----------------------------------------------------

I've begun working deeper into the medicine system. My plans are to have plant be 'cloneable'. Breaking an herb with shears would change that herb into a smaller version of itself and give you the same item. These would be growable, which adds renewability to the system.

A 'brewing stand' of sorts will be added (a couple flasks on a stand above a small burner). This would be used to distill some pastes or liquids into a more pure, concentrated form for use in stronger medicine, or even poisons. (Poison tipped arrows/bolts, poison smeared knifes, antidotes, tranquilizers, etc.) The source of heat would be a small burner, fueled by tallow or combustible vegetable oils.

Yay!! I was all I want that crossbow,I want that bandages!!
...but I've just got mismatched ID's and a crash report...
(tryed even to delete all config but didn't work)
I've managed to work around the crash by destryng both my bow and arrows ingame, but now the old bow recipe is not making the crossbow
(it say mismatched ids like before, but load the world properly)
bolts are proper crafted from arrowheads I've made in an arrowhead mold.

Last edit {SOLVED}

the crash report still valid, i wanna say my bow and arrows was in my toolbar(I even see a crossbow frame before crash)

at last, I just installed NEI to see the crossbow recipe, tottaly different!! liked it!

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Oh - I know what I did wrong!

Time: 10/09/13 00:16
Description: Rendering entity in world

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already tesselating!
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.Tessellator.func_78371_b(Tessellator.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.Tessellator.func_78382_b(Tessellator.java:470)
at reifnsk.minimap.WaypointEntityRender.draw(WaypointEntityRender.java:141)
at reifnsk.minimap.WaypointEntityRender.func_76986_a(WaypointEntityRender.java:92)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderManager.func_78719_a(RenderManager.java:312)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderManager.func_78720_a(RenderManager.java:281)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.func_72713_a(RenderGlobal.java:500)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1505)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1115)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:934)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:826)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:57)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:18)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.Tessellator.func_78371_b(Tessellator.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.Tessellator.func_78382_b(Tessellator.java:470)
at reifnsk.minimap.WaypointEntityRender.draw(WaypointEntityRender.java:141)
at reifnsk.minimap.WaypointEntityRender.func_76986_a(WaypointEntityRender.java:92)

-- Entity being rendered --
Details:
Entity Type: null (reifnsk.minimap.WaypointEntity)
Entity ID: 12
Entity Name: unknown
Entity's Exact location: 374,14, 145,62, -11578,24
Entity's Block location: World: (374,145,-11579), Chunk: (at 6,9,5 in 23,-724; contains blocks 368,0,-11584 to 383,255,-11569), Region: (0,-23; contains chunks 0,-736 to 31,-705, blocks 0,0,-11776 to 511,255,-11265)
Entity's Momentum: 0,00, 0,00, 0,00

-- Renderer details --
Details:
Assigned renderer: reifnsk.minimap.WaypointEntityRender@471e437b
Location: -140,83,-30,46,4462,76 - World: (-141,-31,4462), Chunk: (at 3,-2,14 in -9,278; contains blocks -144,0,4448 to -129,255,4463), Region: (-1,8; contains chunks -32,256 to -1,287, blocks -512,0,4096 to -1,255,4607)
Rotation: 0.0
Delta: 0.61483943
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderManager.func_78719_a(RenderManager.java:312)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderManager.func_78720_a(RenderManager.java:281)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.func_72713_a(RenderGlobal.java:500)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1505)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: MpServer
All players: 1 total; [EntityClientPlayerMP['akbalox'/1, l='MpServer', x=374,14, y=145,62, z=-11578,24]]
Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 9
Level seed: 2936256844465242051
Level generator: ID 00 - DEFAULT, ver 1. Features enabled: false
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (-4,145,252), Chunk: (at 12,9,12 in -1,15; contains blocks -16,0,240 to -1,255,255), Region: (-1,0; contains chunks -32,0 to -1,31, blocks -512,0,0 to -1,255,511)
Level time: 3145838 game time, 3878612 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Forced entities: 14 total; [EntityPigTFC['Pig'/34, l='MpServer', x=389,69, y=144,00, z=-11570,41], EntityPigTFC['Pig'/35, l='MpServer', x=387,94, y=144,00, z=-11575,63], EntityBat['Bat'/2, l='MpServer', x=375,66, y=26,88, z=-11582,13], EntityPigTFC['Pig'/33, l='MpServer', x=386,38, y=144,00, z=-11575,41], EntityClientPlayerMP['akbalox'/1, l='MpServer', x=374,14, y=145,62, z=-11578,24], EntityPigTFC['Pig'/38, l='MpServer', x=386,16, y=144,00, z=-11563,84], EntityPigTFC['Pig'/4, l='MpServer', x=375,06, y=144,00, z=-11570,09], EntityPigTFC['Pig'/39, l='MpServer', x=389,66, y=144,00, z=-11567,31], EntityPigTFC['Pig'/5, l='MpServer', x=379,44, y=144,00, z=-11575,56], EntityPigTFC['Pig'/36, l='MpServer', x=385,00, y=144,00, z=-11563,47], EntityPigTFC['Pig'/6, l='MpServer', x=380,53, y=144,00, z=-11576,56], EntityPigTFC['Pig'/37, l='MpServer', x=390,53, y=144,00, z=-11566,06], EntityPigTFC['Pig'/29, l='MpServer', x=383,88, y=144,00, z=-11564,66], EntityPigTFC['Pig'/28, l='MpServer', x=383,09, y=144,00, z=-11565,97]]
Retry entities: 0 total; []
Server brand: fml,forge
Server type: Integrated singleplayer server
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72914_a(WorldClient.java:440)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71396_d(Minecraft.java:2298)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:844)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:57)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:18)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.6.2
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 152329472 bytes (145 MB) / 685899776 bytes (654 MB) up to 1908932608 bytes (1820 MB)
JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx2G
AABB Pool Size: 154 (8624 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 28 (1568 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 62
FML: MCP v8.04 FML v6.2.52.837 Minecraft Forge 9.10.0.837 Optifine OptiFine_1.6.2_HD_U_C4 13 mods loaded, 13 mods active
mcp{8.04} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
FML{6.2.52.837} [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Forge{9.10.0.837} [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
PlayerAPI{1.1} [Player API] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
RenderPlayerAPI{1.2} [Render Player API] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
DamageIndicatorsMod{2.9.0.0} [Damage Indicators] (1.6.2 DamageIndicators v2.9.0.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
leatherwatersac{1.5.b77} [Leather Water Sac] (1.6.2_LeatherWaterSacTFC_1.5.b77.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
mod_ReiMinimap{v3.4_01 [1.6.2]} [mod_ReiMinimap] ([1.6.2]ReiMinimap_v3.4_01.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ExtraFirma{1.0} [ExtraFirma] (extrafirma-universal-pre1-1.jar.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
inventorytweaks{1.56} [inventory Tweaks] (InventoryTweaks-MC1.6.2-1.56-b77.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
mod_SmartMoving{14.3} [smart Moving] (Smart Moving Universal for ModLoader or Minecraft Forge or MCPC+.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
mod_SmartRender{1.1} [smart Render] (Smart Moving Universal for ModLoader or Minecraft Forge or MCPC+.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
terrafirmacraft{0.77.10} [TerraFirmaCraft] (TFC-0.77.11.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Launched Version: 1.6.2-Forge9.10.0.837
LWJGL: 2.9.0
OpenGL: Intel® HD Graphics 2000 GL version 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.2932, Intel
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Pack: Default
Current Language: English (UK)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 172 (9632 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 50 (2800 bytes; 0 MB) used

Made some snaps For that Crossbow!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

@akbalox: When you delete your configs, it will still say there are mismatched IDs; this is okay. I changed the internal name of the recurve bow, but it has the same ID. All bows will transform into crossbows.

If its possible and you're not running any mods that need an old Forge, update your Forge. It's working fine for me on 9.10.1.859.

I can't reproduce that crash, but it looks like it's related to Rei's Minimap.

...at reifnsk.minimap.WaypointEntityRender.draw(WaypointEntityRender.java:141)

Looks nice.

I I would really like to see alchemy/chemistry/brewing system similar to smithing. Eg. some kind of interactive minigame.

Isn't smithing of arrowheads bugged? From 5 ingots, I got only 8 arrowheads. First time I got 4 but all others were 1. And I hit center at least 3 times out of that, I think.