Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zerren

[TFC 0.78.9] ExtraFirma Addon v1.0.4

334 posts in this topic

to have red feather on your bolts, I think you only have to edit the bolts textures

I think he wants player arrows to have a different look to them to distinguish the arrows he can pick up from the arrows he can't.

Yes, exactly, bolt and arrow use different textures. So you can change the texture of bolts to get a color feather.

"[14:16] <Kreicus> so why doesnt the extrafirma guy hang out here?"

Take that as an invitation. (:

I am unable to pour Bismuth Bronze into an arrow head mold to make the bolts.

I've never had a sheep problem, especially with the new update that fixes lamb death. Once you've got a pair, you've got quick infinite string.

I don't plan to add hemp, but I might do something with the hemp that's already in the game. Obtainable at least.

if you DO decide to go down that road, be aware that we are going to be removing hemp from the game at some point in the probably near future.

Zerren, could you clarify the recipe for wet adobe?

The image in the OP seems to show clay + straw + sand, but that isn't working for me.  Has it been changed?

@Lemmus: That should be it exactly. I made a survival world and cheated in a shovel to confirm.

Posted Image

@Crysyn: Fixed, link is below. TFCraft devs switched up the mold pouring numbers on me and I forgot to check. It's fixed now.

@dunk: Ah, I might add in my own hemp item and crop then. Depends if I want to go that route.

New Mortar Crafting:

Posted Image

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7uf763am3ul8jlc/extrafirma-universal-v1.0.2.jar (for real this time)

You forgot to mention your change of the recipe for the pestle to the wooden pestle (plank + stick). I have attached a crafting image if you'd like to use it.

The Crossbow is listed as [Large] but still fits into a TFC chest?

Compatibility: Rope climbing does not work with Smartmoving/PlayerAPI, very popular with many TFC players so compatibility would be a plus.

Suggestion: A kiln recipe for clay bricks. (perhaps press clay into an ingot mold, then remove it?)

Perhaps a clay brick+mortar recipe (like other TFC bricks) instead of 4 bricks in a square like vanilla?

I love your addon and it fits very well into TFC. The crossbow is a lifesaver. And you can count me as a +1 for the hemp crop idea.

post-2333-0-56798500-1379431300_thumb.pn

Could you possibly give clay vessels functionality similar to barrels (Liquid storage) so that stone-age leatherworking can be done? If that means only being able to bake a single vessel in a pit kiln I'm perfectly fine with that.

Also, baskets as stone age chest equivalents would be cool.

Ditto with being able to use clay jugs to mix dough (Unless I'm mistaken now you can only make dough with buckets).

Thanks for the addon, it's pretty swell.

Hello, I like this addon, one problem I have though is that I can not make tallow from beef. I want candles quite badly but due to this I can not make them. I hope this can be fixed in the future.

Hello, I like this addon, one problem I have though is that I can not make tallow from beef. I want candles quite badly but due to this I can not make them. I hope this can be fixed in the future.

This changed in 1.0.1. You get tallow from suet, that drops from cows. The recipes in OP are highly outdated. Maybe Zerren could update them??

Compatibility: Rope climbing does not work with Smartmoving/PlayerAPI, very popular with many TFC players so compatibility would be a plus.

It's Smart Moving thing, not ExtraFirma's. Smart moving doesn't like mods adding ways to climb in general. It's already wonky with TFC chiseled ladders feature, so its behaviour with ropes is no surprise.

Suggestion from me: Maybe brick by brick building of blocks? As in: Apply mortar, place brick, repeat - each time a brick is placed, it adds a quater of the block, so two placed bricks would be a halfslab, and three would be a stairs block.

leather stripes

String wool cloth string

mashed kingsblood

Very busy with some of my college work and engrossed with FFXIV, so development has slowed down quite a bit (not stopped!). The good thing about the way I wrote and compiled this mod is that it should already be compatible with any version of TFC for 1.6.X past b77.09, not counting any minor bugs that are introduced from a changed TFC method.

Just checked, and v1.0.2 works fine with 77.13. 

Remember to post any bugs you find here, and I'll get them sorted out as a top priority.

Very busy with some of my college work and engrossed with FFXIV, so development has slowed down quite a bit (not stopped!). The good thing about the way I wrote and compiled this mod is that it should already be compatible with any version of TFC for 1.6.X past b77.09, not counting any minor bugs that are introduced from a changed TFC method.

Just checked, and v1.0.2 works fine with 77.13. 

Remember to post any bugs you find here, and I'll get them sorted out as a top priority.

=======

I was not aware of it being compatible! Sorry for being pestering, keep up the good work on the mod!

Of course, I didn't even know 77.13 was out if I hadn't been told in this thread. (not sarcasm)

-------------

Updated the OP to be clearer, with new recipes and to make more sense.

Can you make the dye recipes using the quern? Or would that be hard coded into TFC?

Thanks for updating the first post, that's a lot of cool stuff for me to make!

Can you make the dye recipes using the quern? Or would that be hard coded into TFC?

---------

All of the quern recipes are hardcoded unfortunately. (barrels too).

I might get some code together and see if I can talk to dunk or bioxx about changing the quern's recipes into a Furnace-style recipe map via pull request. Additions to the quern from then on would be 1 line of code.

Maybe you should do something aesthetic with gems. I mean, as they are now, they're pretty useless. The one block they're used for is just a technical thing. Perhaps you could add an anvil welding recipe with your metal plates and a gem to embed the gem into the plate? You could even go as far as to make you able to add gems to armour. They wouldn't do anything, just for aesthetics. Who doesn't want a set of armour encrusted with diamonds? Of course, hung up in your room with black bronze plated set with rubies!

On a side note, TFC has a new version out...with ONE bugfix. An entire new version for one bugfix? Seems a bit silly to me.

Sure, I can do the whole gem encrusting thing. That was an idea I had a long time ago but got caught up with the crossbow.

The code is all there already, with the leather armor.