Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zerren

[TFC 0.78.9] ExtraFirma Addon v1.0.4

334 posts in this topic

Here are few more suggestions.

1) I miss so much doors 3 blocks height. 2 blocks are too low. Doors or metal gates.

2) When you place a lantern on chiseled block it doesn't "stand" on it but hangs over it. Could you fix it?

3) Could we place candles on chiseled blocks too? So it's possible to make great chiseled chandelier

Is the pickaxe the only thing that can break adobe brick blocks, or am I really missing something?  It seems like an early-game material should be breakable with something non-metal, but I can't seem to remove this mis-click ill-placed block?

You can break them by hand, but it takes a while.  Seems shorter than raw stone, but I haven't actually tested that.

Hey Zerren, love the Addon! I sent you a PM about me possibly helping you out with the addon.

About the like spam? Hey, I'm just having fun modding and if people like it, +1.

Messing with the rendering since I don't like the hard glass outline. One option was to double the texture size on the glass only and have a half as thin border.

The option I went with was alpha transparent glassware, like Thaumcraft's jars. Still learning the tesselator.

--------------------------------

Making the glassware won't be some glass in a crafting grid by the way. That's all I'll say right now...

I think it was a joke, since you were posting pictures of science-y stuffs. As in "I hope you aren't a mad scientist"

Haha! No. I was talking about the like spam. :P But that is smart. 

Anyways, will you be making a glass blowing system? Or something like that? Or is it a secret?

Posted Image

Lets just say I'm not against a glass blowing/molding system. 1.7 has stained glass that I want to do stuff with.. and it won't be surrounding glass blocks with a dye.

Moddings been slow going but steady. I'll surely have a release out soon after the devs put one out for 1.7, barring any crazy complicated things I have to redo since they've fixed transparency rendering.

Halberd, you are correct. The reach is sword length + 2 blocks, but the damage is only 85% of a sword's. Crafted either by mold pouring, or on the anvil using a double ingot + the plan.

Instead of 1 stick, you need 2 sticks, so it can't be finished in your inventory. You need a crafting bench.

Zerren, I have been trying to figure out how to render something like this for awhile, any chance you could throw me a PM on how you did it?

Posted Image

The liquid changes color depending on the potion that's inside.

I wish there was a Glazed Ceramic Pot that we could place place on the ground to store grain or flower. It could also be place over a campfire, filled with a bucket of water, filled with a amount of food items, heated to a boil and serve multiple portions of meals. Kinda like the Crucible, except with food.

I wish there was a Glazed Ceramic Pot that we could place place on the ground to store grain or flower. It could also be place over a campfire, filled with a bucket of water, filled with a amount of food items, heated to a boil and serve multiple portions of meals. Kinda like then Crucible, except with food.

---------------------------

My other mod (that I've never released) has a block that does the food part. You throw in foodstuff, raw or not, and leave it for a while over a netherrack fire (vanilla). You can come back later with an empty bowl to get a bowl of stew.

Implementing it would be trivial as I have the code already, but I'm reluctant to add for some reason.

My other mod (that I've never released) has a block that does the food part. You throw in foodstuff, raw or not, and leave it for a while over a netherrack fire (vanilla). You can come back later with an empty bowl to get a bowl of stew.Implementing it would be trivial as I have the code already, but I'm reluctant to add for some reason.

-Reluctant, eh? I don't understand how you feel, but I believe that such a feature would show its utility. A feature like that would advance meal making many folds. No more need to craft +9000 wooden bowls to make large quantities of meals. It removes the slow and nonsensical task of heating up individual meals one at a time. It increases the utility of using meals over plain food stuff. Also, if treated like the crucible, it could be carried and store leftover food to be reheated later.In hindsight, I think I may get why you may be reluctant. Maybe it is because it tweaks the flow of an otherwise untouched feature of TFC. Kinda like how adobe tweaked starter building material If you do feel uncomfortable adding it yourself, please do recommend the feature to suggestions.

How do you install this... I'm trying to joni your server but i can't...

Drop the extrafirma.jar from the newest download into your mods folder, located in your .minecraft folder. It should be in the same folder as Terrafirmacraft's zip. If you don't know where those are, there are thousands of videos online about installing mods. This one is no different.

To paraphrase a certain friend who shall remain unnamed "You're wasting your time just making an addon"

In other words, you're kinda awesome at this ;)

It's 99% for personal enjoyment. The learning experience is fun and seeing my efforts in action is always a good feeling.

It might be a lot of work, but crafting the currently useless gems and minerals into blocks would be cool. I could throw together some graphics if you're interested.

It might be a lot of work, but crafting the currently useless gems and minerals into blocks would be cool. I could throw together some graphics if you're interested.

What about the useful ones? Metal blocks would be cool.

@Zerren can we get an update on what you are currently working on?

@Zerren can we get an update on what you are currently working on?

I believe he's working on the potion system, or he's busy with other IRL things. But the current WIP would probably be the potion/medicine thing that there are screenshots on. But yeah, I'd like to see some newer screen shots as well.

And as much as I would like the medicine system to be quite fleshed out by the time b78 is out, I think you'll have quite a big release, so you could try putting in some other things, like bug fixes, the gem/metal blocks, the item naming, etc. All in due time though. :)

Wow this is what the potions should have looked like in vanilla. Currently the mortar and pestle has one use, making bandages, right? I assume this is gonna give us more to do with it? If not, I'd suggest making all the dye powders crafted in it instead of with a regular hammer.

on my last world, i could make adobe just fine. this time, it just wont craft....this world has also been crashing a lot, so maybe that did it