Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zerren

[TFC 0.78.9] ExtraFirma Addon v1.0.4

334 posts in this topic

where do I download the addon

Using the download link in the OP perhaps? Who knows???!

how do we gat ahold of build 78.9+ in order to use this addon?  78.17 is the only one available in the downloads section.

how do we gat ahold of build 78.9+ in order to use this addon?  78.17 is the only one available in the downloads section.

... Seriously? 78.9+ means any build after 78.9.. 17 is larger than 9, and therefore is considered 9+

Edit: In other words, here is a list of every single build that qualifies as 78.9+

Will you be updating to 1.7.10 along with TFC because i would hate to take your mod out of my modpack on the AT launcher. It is a great addition

I was actually wondering, is it safe to upgrade an existing TFC 78.17 world to have ExtraFirma? I know the flowers and plants that are added in this mod will have to be found only in new chunks, but as far as game breaking threats go, is this a safe option?

I was actually wondering, is it safe to upgrade an existing TFC 78.17 world to have ExtraFirma? I know the flowers and plants that are added in this mod will have to be found only in new chunks, but as far as game breaking threats go, is this a safe option?

Yes, you can install the mod with no problems in a 78.17 world

Can you please add in the first post missing recipes like fishtrap and bag?

Can you please add in the first post missing recipes like fishtrap and bag?

FISH TRAP:

B = Braided String

BB = Woven Net

BB

X = Plank

Y = Woven Net

XXX

YYY  = Fish Trap

XXX

The leather bag is not enabled yet, so there is no crafting recipe, you can make up your own and trade the materials using the commands or creative mode

You should add a stone tool made for splitting wood into two planks. That way you can make stuff early on in the game, with twice the work. Like thesepost-13725-0-85079000-1410625036_thumb.ppost-13725-0-51695800-1410625035_thumb.ppost-13725-0-21611000-1410625036_thumb.p

Your idea breaks the whole gameplay diynamic of the mod

And how is that? It's realistic. 

This mod doesn't focus entirely on realism, believability and balanced gameplay too. If you can make planks in the stone age, then you can craft almost everything, including bed, a roofed house, doors, barrels, buckets, chests. So no

Take it from someone who has done the research and in fact made usable wood for carpentry from a log without use of modern day techniques (modern day being anything post 14th century) it is in no way realistic. You are missing about 5 other steps not to mention making a board out of a log via splitting is exceptionally difficult work particularly due to lack of control and how tree grain works. And even then I required metal age tools to get the job done. The current method TFC has for that is by and large probably the best manner in which to bridge the realism/believability gap.

Take it from someone who has done the research and in fact made usable wood for carpentry from a log without use of modern day techniques (modern day being anything post 14th century) it is in no way realistic. You are missing about 5 other steps not to mention making a board out of a log via splitting is exceptionally difficult work particularly due to lack of control and how tree grain works. And even then I required metal age tools to get the job done. The current method TFC has for that is by and large probably the best manner in which to bridge the realism/believability gap.

Not to mention, RobearM3's screenshots are taken from a mod that already exists: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4439-1627715-stone-splitting-wedge-mod-axe-plank-crafting-replacement/

but Yes, I agree. At best, getting one plank per log instead of 3 would be better but either way I feel it's best to default to how it is.

Not to mention, RobearM3's screenshots are taken from a mod that already exists: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4439-1627715-stone-splitting-wedge-mod-axe-plank-crafting-replacement/but Yes, I agree. At best, getting one plank per log instead of 3 would be better but either way I feel it's best to default to how it is.

That mod hasn't been updated in over 6 months, doesn't work with the current build of TFC, and the author seems to have pretty much abandoned it, which is why RobearM3 was asking for this mod that is more likely being actively maintained to add in that feature.

How do you install it?

Drop it in the mods folder like any other mod

Now that there is cow horn , how about adding organic glue and animal sinew so that you can laminate your wooden bow

Looking forward to the update of Extrafirma to provide lanterns.

As am I. The removal of permanent light sources in the latest update (Lava doesn't count, too dangerous. Jack-o-lanterns don't count either. They're a pain to place, ugly, and too expensive to use as hidden lighting for large buildings in TFC) is SO not my cup of tea.

Not to mention the awesome additions of other melee weapons, rope anchors, medicine, the comparator/repeater, and so many other awesome gizmos and gadgets. As far as I'm concerned, TFC simply isn't as playable without your addon.

Is this mod opensource?

the orginal dev has not been around for a very long time, and not sure if any actual work is being done towards an update.

"Last Active Jun 05 2014 07:53 AM" when he was last online.

If so, we got any one willing to step up to the plate?

The idea is that there would be a whole new technological branch jewelry-crafting. This would give small buffs and conveniences.
To house these new gems there would be multiple equipment slots.
Necklaces and rings would be a great start for these slots.

New equipment slots:

• [*]Ring [*]Ring [*]Necklace [*]Arm Braclet

The items:

• [*]Ring [*]Bracelet [*]Necklace [*]Amulet

The Materials:
Metals acceding quality:

• [*]Brass [*]Bronze [*]Silver [*]9K Gold (37.5% pure gold) [*]18K Gold (75% pure gold) [*]Rose Gold 18K (75% pure gold) [*]22K or 24K Gold (91.6% pure gold) (or just pure) [*]Platinum

Gems acceding quality:

• [*]4 sizes [*]require chipping before use

Trinket bosuns (the highest bonus possible)

• [*]10% mining speed [*]10% bonus seeds and crops [*]10% strength (attack damage) [*]10% Defence [*]etc

Art needed:

• [*]Ring, all metals (inventory, on player) [*]Necklace, all metals (inventory, on player) [*]Amulet, all metals (inventory, on player) [*]Bracelet, all metals (inventory, on player) [*]Gems, uncut [*]Gems, cut (chipped) (inventory, on player)

The on player models could be easily generated in game with metainf. I assume if gems have a use they would not come out cut, it just does not seem the terra way :P
Creating the Jewellery (the whole process):
    Chipping the gem:

• [*]a similar to knapping minigame [*]If the gem is ruined you can chip down to the next smaller size. [*]I just thought of a amazing and real life accurate minigame! [*]The gem has a random uneven knapping profile. It would not be a perfect square and you have too make a gem shape. (Very similar to the real process) [*]This is obviously done at a table with a magnifying glass and a diamond chisel?

Crafting the Jewellery

• [*]Here the choice of metal and gem is made.  [*]Of course there is some smithing like minigame. [*]A gem does not have too be insured, creating a necklace with a very tiny bonus or none. [*]Up to a certain amount of gems may be inserted, I think 3 would be a nice number.

A VERY quick visual:
Posted Image

Gonna have to correct your spelling of necklace there. It's pronounced neck-less, but spelled neckLACE