Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
___Frank

Donations

29 posts in this topic

TFC is really the only reason I bought Minecraft and it's quite simply a much better game than the original survival mode. Minecraft is 20Euro ($26 USD) so a $26 donation to TFC seemed fair in my case. I thought I might encourage you to think about donating as well - any amount really.  Think about all the hours you've spent playing TFC.  You could easily spend $26 having drinks or dinner one night.  Why not say thank you for all the other nights you've spent enjoying TFC?  It's time to pass the hat and say thank you B)

Since when do we have that big green donation button? Must've overlooked that.

Here have 20.-

keep the great work up.

I had to commission a custom mod this month, so I can't donate right now, but donating to TFC has been on my mind ever since Dunk mentioned there not being any donations made in a while.  

Holy crap guys.

I've been thinking about it as well recently and I feel pretty guilty for not donating sooner myself. Consider that the average xbox360 game is sixty bucks and lasts roughly ten hours. TFC has given me HUNDREDS of hours of play time, literally, plus its superior quality compared to most of the mindlessly mass produced and uninspired garbage that is considered video games these days. Sure, its got its bugs and flaws, but ultimately TFC just keeps improving with time. I'm embarrassed that I haven't contributed anything to something that brings me so much pleasure and enjoyment sooner. As soon as my paycheck rolls in, I plan on rectifying this horrendous oversight. Thank you Dunk and Bioxx! I'm sure at times it seems that the community is ungrateful and does nothing but complain that all of your hard work just isn't good enough, but most of us are very appreciative. It seems the most obvious way to show that is by donating, so that is what I will do and encourage others to do the same. The devs deserve it! Hell, I wouldn't even be playing minecraft at all anymore if TFC weren't around. Thanks again guys!

I know this is Bioxx's baby and he should definitely get something for it, but I think also there should be a donate button for the rest of the team. They put a lot of work into it and it would be nice for people to show appreciation for them as well. You guys all do a great job.

I know this is Bioxx's baby and he should definitely get something for it, but I think also there should be a donate button for the rest of the team. They put a lot of work into it and it would be nice for people to show appreciation for them as well. You guys all do a great job.

The money made from donations is evenly split between the team. I.E. Dunk gets half and Bioxx gets half. Currently the other people helping out with the mod are mostly doing minor bugfixes, and calculating their "fair share" isn't really worth when the donation amounts are low and they may only be getting a few pennies.

I wish I was older. If I was, I would definitely set aside some money and donate. But Bioxx and Dunk have spent countless hours on this, and I agree that people should think about donating if they can. :D

The money made from donations is evenly split between the team. I.E. Dunk gets half and Bioxx gets half. Currently the other people helping out with the mod are mostly doing minor bugfixes, and calculating their "fair share" isn't really worth when the donation amounts are low and they may only be getting a few pennies.

That's good to hear. 2 days ago Dunk said this...

Should have rephrased that; I don't make any money. The donation money goes directly into Bioxx's paypal account, although last time I asked him, it had been a few months since anyone had donated. I'm still in school and Bioxx is currently out of work, so I really don't mind if he takes the donations.

And I took that to mean he doesn't make any money off of it.

Oh, how I wish it were so. I don't see a cent of the donations  :(

Ask and ye did receive.... truly my pleasure to help :)

This reminds me of DF donations.  Toady publishes monthly donation figures, and people flock to donate.  Dunk mentions donation figures once, and the same thing happens.  Mod authors, take note.

Build 78 is out and it's awesome. Think about donating to the developers. B)

My biggest gripe with Vanilla Minecraft is that despite being one of the most successful games of all time ($330 million in 2013 with a skeleton crew), development is GLACIAL. Then we have this mod, this nearly complete overhaul of Minecraft, being rapidly developed for virtually nothing. I can't wrap my brain around this. I'm still new to TFC. If the mid-end game holds me, donation will be inc.

TT

I actually talked to spanser a couple of weeks ago about getting my own donation button. Still hasn't happened yet :P

i'm kinda glad there is now a big green button. if there was a way to donate before, it wasn't very noticeable.

So now that Dunk and Bioxx have separate big green DONATE buttons on the top of the forums, I have a small question.

How do you guys feel about an added link on the sidebar of the wiki, perhaps between "Random Page" and "Help" for wiki related donations to me? I feel really kinda dumb even suggesting it, but it would just be a small link to support all the work I do on the wiki, and not like a big green button at the top of every page. >.>

So now that Dunk and Bioxx have separate big green DONATE buttons on the top of the forums, I have a small question.

How do you guys feel about an added link on the sidebar of the wiki, perhaps between "Random Page" and "Help" for wiki related donations to me? I feel really kinda dumb even suggesting it, but it would just be a small link to support all the work I do on the wiki, and not like a big green button at the top of every page. >.>

---

i think it might work better if you guys just have one button and a % split. like how you have to tip out kitchen staff, etc.

That's what I originally wanted as well, but we went this way because it's simpler. Single transactions direct to the person of your choosing (if for whatever reason you don't want to give money to the other person). Otherwise it would be a donate button that would go to a unified paypal account, and then at specified times (like at the end of every month, or when enough money is donated) we would have to get together and do the math and then do 3 more separate transactions to our individual paypal accounts. This way we each get the donations right away and directly, instead of waiting for the account to gather enough to deem worthy enough to split evenly (more than a few cents to the smaller percentage receiver) without worrying about any extra transaction fees.

One button would be simpler but whatever you're comfortable with.

My buddies and I avoid these transaction costs by just paying a portion of each other's credit cards. There's a cost to transfer X$ to their chequing account but there's no cost to transfer X$ to their credit card account through online bill payment. So if I organize and pay for a camping trip everyone chips in by transferring their share to my credit card free of charge and I have a smaller balance to pay to Visa at the end of the month. We find this simpler.

I don't make the rules, I just play by them.

One button would be simpler but whatever you're comfortable with.

My buddies and I avoid these transaction costs by just paying a portion of each other's credit cards. There's a cost to transfer X$ to their chequing account but there's no cost to transfer X$ to their credit card account through online bill payment. So if I organize and pay for a camping trip everyone chips in by transferring their share to my credit card free of charge and I have a smaller balance to pay to Visa at the end of the month. We find this simpler.

I don't make the rules, I just play by them.

Yes, but a camping trip costs a lot more and is easier to split than a single person deciding to donate $5 to TFC.

I would throw ya a $20 Kitty. In my opinion, you've become the face of TFC. I don't really know how you guys divide up work, but what I can say is that from my point of view, you do the most PR. Tech support, forum moderation, and getting dunk and bioxx to hear suggestions and stuff from the community makes you an invaluable asset to the mod. Surely worth a few bucks eh?

Awww, thank you. <3

I'm currently working with spAnser to get my own donation button the wiki, I'll post it here once it's done.

Edit: There is now a yellow donate button on the main page of the wiki under Updates, News and Events, as well as a "Donate" link on the sidebar.

Just wanted to ask, how do we decide who gets our donations? I am new to the forums so I'm not sure how the work is divided up but from what I've read so far Bioxx designed the game, Dunk works on it also and Kitty is the PR/helpdesk/wikiwizard?

I'm just going to donate evenly as though there was only one button :P

Thank you all so much for all your hard work, this game has brought a lot of joy to my friends and I.

And now to an actual suggestion, follow up on monthly donations! If nobody donates for months you are working for free. Have a meter or something to remind everyone every once in a while.

Everyone chip in to support your favorite mod!

First post so I must start w/ saying how much I love TFC. I play w/ my 4 & 6 yo on local lan. We are building great memories together. My 6yo likes to chop down my support beams when I am underneath :-/

A lot of modders have moved over to Patreon. What I love about it is that it provides modders and LPers a way to achieve a revenue stream that can build over time. There can also be benefits for achieving certain levels. For example, I have access to a server Eyamaz maintains for his Blood n Bones pack on FTB. That alone is worth maybe $10/mo and he has to maintain the server anyway for testing purposes.

Another benefit is that you can see how much people are getting each month. This would provide TFC donors the ability to donate to Dunk or Bioxx or Kitty disproportionately. CC is only charged one time each month. 

PS: I'm just a user of Patreon, no other affiliation.

In the meantime I am heading off to donate via Paypal!