Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
tenterro

[Solved] nether — does it work?

17 posts in this topic

So it seems that nether works now. You can build portal, light it and tp to nether. But you spawn on bedrock, and in creative mode you can dig down and below bedrock there is normal nether with fortresses, quartz and glowing stones.

So will it work official? And spawn player in normal place?

You may have spawned on bedrock because of the height level of your portal. If you build your portal below 128 it may take you inside the actual nether. The nether still only has a build height of 128 and the height conversion for portals is 1:1.

Sorry, how are you managing to light it?  Neither firestarters nor TFC flint and steel work

btw, in creative, with vanilla F&S, I was able to open a portal to the nether below the bedrock b going to level 20ish

Light a fire pit and logs next to the portal and the fire will spread.

if you're going to the nether I must warn you to not place any tfc blocks down inside. There are some blocks that work but others may cause a crash that you basically can't repair. So unless you want to lose your world I wouldn't risk it.

if you're going to the nether I must warn you to not place any tfc blocks down inside. There are some blocks that work but others may cause a crash that you basically can't repair. So unless you want to lose your world I wouldn't risk it.

Actually, that should be pretty easy to fix. Delete the Nether datafiles.

Actually, that should be pretty easy to fix. Delete the Nether datafiles.

Not so easy with servers... 

Which blocks cause the crash?

Well in the past version it was a chest that caused the issue but now that nether fortresses spawn with chests it seems ok. I still wouldn't risk it though. A dev said there's no tfc code for the nether so the nether basically freaks out because it doesn't understand the block that's there.

Sounds like I need to do some testing. I'll report back in a few days with my findings.

I wonder if there will ever be plans to include some variation of the nether inTFC... It could be quite interesting >:)

I noticed, that currently (79.29.922) it is possible to lit portal with TFC Flint&Steel.

Is Nether safe (in terms of possible crashes) place to go, or it was accidentally unlocked?

The flint and steel was fixed for lighting top of block. The TFC flint and steel always worked, you just had to aim on side of obsidian. 

The nether is still broken, just not corrupting save broken. There are inventory sync bugs that persist until server restart. I believe there are some bugs with decay and environmental handlers as well. 

11 hours ago, Bunsan said:

The nether is still broken, just not corrupting save broken. There are inventory sync bugs that persist until server restart. I believe there are some bugs with decay and environmental handlers as well. 

OK, therefore is it advised to turn nether off in server config?