Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turtletechy

More food needed

10 posts in this topic

I find that food is never a concern in the TerraFirmaCraft world. While I'd argue that that's mostly accurate, being that if you do a bit of work, you can find enough food to sustain yourself, I feel it's too much available. While at first, there is some shortage, and the need to find some plants, you can easily put off food for several days with little negative effect, and then simply eat one meal and be back up to a full hunger bar. It just seems ludicrous. Not to mention, farming ensures that there is no shortage due to the huge amount able to be farmed easily, and with a small amount needed, that doesn't spoil, you can build up stockpiles that'd last an in game year very easily. I believe an easy fix would be to put in place food spoilage, and preservation methods, such as cellars, silos, etc. 

This has been discussed to hell and back. Yes, we know food is easy to get. yes we would love to have better growth and food mechanics. Yes spoilage is only way to make it work. Etc..

I believe the Dev's have said something about making this in a later update, if it isn't installed in ExtraFirma first...

The fact that it has been discussed to hell and back AND not yet implemented is not a very good reflection on the community (and devs), and has the undesirable effect of inhibiting further suggestions...

I'm sorry for not knowing it's been discussed. It wasn't discussed while I was active on this forum. Sorry. 

It does take some time and "wasting food" to get all the special effects meals... Isn't that what everyone is looking for?

I do not believe that it is for a lack of trying that we don't have food spoilage. this is a little more difficult to do than we may expect, especially because they have not real references in Modding to go by.

Thought I think RailCraft did it with Wheat, but you needed it to be in your inventory.

The fact that it has been discussed to hell and back AND not yet implemented is not a very good reflection on the community (and devs), and has the undesirable effect of inhibiting further suggestions...

The problems are not with community or developers. The problem is that MC is terribly designed and doesn't support this kind of modifications easily. Of course anything can be done, but it might require lots of effort.  Lets not forget there are two guys using terrible language on top of terribly designed game for free.

terrible language

Hey. At the end of the day, Java did nothing to deserve this kind of disrespect from all of you. It's a language that does things it's supposed to well. Minecraft is not one of these things, is all.

I can imagine how much FUN all the developers are having/going to have when updating to minecraft 1.7.2+ : /

But anyways, we (the forum users) have been discussing food spoilage basically since TFC came out. It was one of the first suggestions to make the game more difficult (along with permadeath and a few others, but it looks like we got REALLY tough enemies instead).

It is my opinion that the Meals should not restore as much as the sum of their parts x2. The advantage of meals should be more compact storage of food, not more efficient use of food. Besides, you already get a special buff that is worth making the meal for. On top of that, perhaps heating the meal should only provide a small bonus to how filling it is (</=20%).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0