Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aeroc

[Offline] [0.77.22]Roanoke Challenge Server[No Whitelist][CustomOreGen][Modified][MyTown][B77 Retro]

61 posts in this topic

Hey Aero I think my leads might have been working too well could you look into it please

Posted Image

It's the first day of a new month, and so it's time to post up the progress at Spawntown's vault. These are the player-crafted ingots that were sold to spawntown in exchange for currency.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Today, we also got our 150th unique player login and had 17 concurrent players. This month, Roanoke's road system extends around 9km, not bad for 2 months.

I found this whilst mapping for the server map:

Posted Image

It looks like a submerged ravine, but my guess is that the water blocks have not updated. So if you were to sink into this you might fall to your death as there are likely to be air blocks right beneath the water blocks.

You can find our server's map here:

http://gamogora.com/misc/roanoke/map/

It is made entirely of in-game maps which were screenshotted and stitched together. Each segment typically takes 2-3 hours to explore fully, usually longer in mountainous terrain. If you'd like to help with the mapping effort, I can share with you the coordinate system it uses, to ensure all the segments align with one another.

I'm a fan of this server!

If course, I might be biased due to it running on my dedicated server..

For a long while, Minecraft had been dead to me. It just got old. But then I found TFC. A wonderful mod, and a very unique experience. However, playing single player once again got old. And then came Roanoke. This server has been an amazing experience. The playerbase, while it is not the largest, is very active, very helpful, and overall just a cool bunch o' folks. If you're trying to decide on a server to play on, don't hesitate to log on here. Other than the occasional lagspike, Roanoke has been by far the best server experience I've ever had on a non-whitelist server.

I learned last night that powder kegs can knock item frames off of walls perpendicular to the blast vector over crazy distances. The blast might have only affected a radius of 20-30 blocks, I instantly died with 41 levels well beyond that, and the item frames that fell off (and despawned due to my ignorance) were well over 100 blocks away from the powder keg. So if you ever do blasting near your home be sure to check on your item frames or else you'll lose em.

Here's an interesting deathtrap I found North of -19000. The ravine appears to cut all the way through the hill. Notice all the dirt blocks just begging for a block update so they can bury you underneath...

Posted Image

Easily the best TFC server out there, loving this server and the players!

Another month has gone by on Roanoke, so it's time to share the progress at spawntown's vault:

Posted Image

The ingot stacks are getting so big, it requires two screenshots now for perspective. Lead is by far the most commonly sold item, as it has no in-game use.

And in other news, we hit 26 players online at once yesterday. No instance of Roanoke server over the years has ever seen this many players online at the same time before. =)

I signed up for this server and have been playing a bit recently. Seems like a great place to get some MP TFC action. The Anti-griefing measures are great (MyTown) and the spawn is both interesting and helpful.

My only suggestion would be to pay some newbies with food to replant all of the decimated forests around the spawn.... ;)

This is a good server, i tried it. So, sorry but i can't play mroe time in this server because admins hired a very bad host. Maybe a day that the server has got a better host,

i'll get in the server.

This is a good server, i tried it. So, sorry but i can't play mroe time in this server because admins hired a very bad host. Maybe a day that the server has got a better host,

i'll get in the server.

Why is the host bad? We've been lag free for 3 months, then things got bad this week when we have 20+ online. We added more RAM today, so hopefully that is the end of our lag troubles.

Oh i admited it, is a good server, but there aren't any public mine

aero_c, did you add a mod that add a misterious mob that kill player when it's lagged the server?

aero_c, did you add a mod that add a misterious mob that kill player when it's lagged the server?

No, what happened?

That there is alot of crashes of the server, and usually servers come down by a misterous thing

That there is alot of crashes of the server, and usually servers come down by a misterous thing

Probably 99% of the crashes are related to TFC bugs, like lightning striking TFC trees, someone cutting sequoias or someone walking in a new chunk with sequoias. This is a problem on all TFC servers.

That's true. We had a huge lag spike on our server a couple of days ago. Thousands of mobs were trying to spawn all over the place, it produced a 3.5GB log file. Only thing to do is restart the server and hope the problem goes away, which in this case it did.

The TFC devs have a poll regarding update frequency running here.

Please let them know your opinion. If you want the server crashes to stop, getting TFC updated more regularly will absolutely help. Also getting TFC to Minecraft 1.6.4 or later will instantly make all the TFC servers better over night because server owners will finally be able to use Bukkit plugins to better manage and enhance their servers through the use of a stable MCPC+.

Not TFC purists? I'd say that's about right... =P This is one of our bases/stables on top of the nether.

Posted Image

Is anything going on with this server anymore? It always feels like a ghost town whenever i get on. 

In what time there are people on this server? Logged 3 times, with nobody around :(