Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sda215

Nostalgia

23 posts in this topic

I feel the need to create this thread so we can discuss the memories of we had here at the TerraFirmaCraft forums. Not just the good ones, the bad ones, as well. The reason for suggesting the remembrance of the bad memories is so we can learn from them, and do our best to ensure that such a disaster will never happen, again.

As for the good memories, remember all of those times we derailed before the derail crackdown? Remember the Name Me thread? Remember the Holmesian Event (I don't know if that derail constitutes as bad or good, could someone please clarify?)? Remember our silliness and fun we had in the Off-Topic section? I'm not sure about the Discussion and Suggestion threads, but I figure we had a sort of good time there, as well.

Let's discuss our memories, good and bad, so we can learn from them.

the holmesian event was a rapetrain multi topic uberderail, you judge if that was good or not, name me was just a regular 1 topic derail, although the crash was pretty significant

Now that I am starting to think about it, I have come to the realization that much of the significant historical events that happened in these forums weren't exactly... the best. I don't want to be negative about it, but I can't seem to find something that is really significant and positive, not counting the announcements and updates.

I have a combination of good and bad experience:

-When I first came in Carpe Aurum server, I teamed up with some dudes in an island/nation they called Blackwater, they gave me supplies and allowed me to create a town. I made a town called like the nation due to some confusions (I thought Blackwater was a suggested name). A guy called Redundantusage joined me, and I am thankful to him for teaching me to play TFC. All was magical, I was a TFC noob in the best of places... An island nation with three small towns linked to each other.

Until a griefer (the bad part) called LegoPlayback, killed MagicBones, our nation leader, and griefed my town. I raged and quit. I woudn't join Carpe until some months later. The map had reset. That's why I won't trust that Lego anymore, and I will even talk in it's counter.

Well anyways, hope you liked my story!

I once got hijaked by klingons

It was very bad

Especially when they used their pain sticks.

yeah, experience in multiplayer server is really cool for TFC, especially when you meet nice people.

For the good memories, all the times I come back to my house full of ores after a long mining adventure, ready to smelt and prepare new constructions, a room for the blast furnace, all steps between ages. TFC is magical, that's why it differs so nicely to vanilla.

I've only memories from single player and none that we can share together, I'm new to the forum.

My best memories came from the Nessaja server. Those were good times, too bad, the administrator is missing, and everyone is pretty much disbanded. Warfighter is in the forums, though.

My best memories would have to be at a time when the devs were as excited about TFC as the players were.  Heck…. anything was possible.  From new graphics, plants, animals trees… even music.  But that kinda faded away sadly, or so it is my opinion… would like to see it back in full force!  I love Minecraft and I absolutely love TFC!!!

The only way I could see TFC coming back in full force is when we get out of beta. I would say that it would take a few more years, unfortunately.

The only way I could see TFC coming back in full force is when we get out of beta. I would say that it would take a few more years, unfortunately.

--

I agree with you on that. On another post I saw you said that would take 5 years 'er so. But I personally think that getting out of beta will take 2-3 years. I expect by that time the mod is ten times better than it is now.

It depends on what happens down the road. For all we know, it could take until the day Dwarf Fortress is officially completed, which is going to be in the next decade.

It depends on what happens down the road. For all we know, it could take until the day Dwarf Fortress is officially completed, which is going to be in the next decade.

--

Wow, and DF is not in 3D graphics... I know nothing about coding, that's why I'm a bit surprised it may take that much.

Dwarf Fortress is vastly complex, and it is only being coded by a one-man studio. Creating 3D graphics is probably the easier part, but coding is like learning a language. That's the harder part.

Dwarf Fortress is vastly complex, and it is only being coded by a one-man studio. Creating 3D graphics is probably the easier part, but coding is like learning a language. That's the harder part.

--

Agree with that... I am looking to learn Java... but programming is like witchcraft to my primitive mind. Huh, we are going off-topic

Java's actually simpler, from what I have heard.

the holmesian event was a rapetrain multi topic uberderail, you judge if that was good or not

I'll choose to take that as a compliment, it was an insane amount of fun.

The Holmesian event? whats that?

The Holmesian event? whats that?

It was a multithread derail that I caused a while back, possibly over a year or more by now, in which I assumed the identity of Sherlock Holmes and proceeded to derail every thread I could find for a couple hours. It was great fun.

It may be possible to find if you were to look back far enough, but its probably not worth it.

EDIT

Found the thread where it started: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/2085-member-titles/page-3#entry30982

and here's my favorite description of the event

Yes, but hopefully not the way I did, In a full on, balls to the walls, multi-thread derail rampage.

When I first played minecraft, I was so fascinated by it, I thought about things I was going to build (but never go to) and think about whats possible in minecraft. I thought that anything was possible, I saw the yogscast do a review on flans plans and I thought that It was part of vanilla minecraft and I tried to craft a plane (did not work). I was even afraid of minecraft, there was a hole I covered up in one of my houses, a zombie spawned in it and made it's zombie grown and I never wanted to go in that house again. It's not like that anymore, I know almost everything in minecraft and I don't get those feelings anymore. Whenever I think of the past I get this feeling, It's sort of indescribable, It's a happy feeling, I guess you could call it some form of nostalgia.

When I first played minecraft, I was scared of every dark place, slept every night, lived on bread, and I didn't even get any iron because I was too scared to go any deeper than a few blocks down. But I still loved playing because the sence of danger gave a sense of being alive if you get what I mean. It was exciting, and even with no armor, and just stone/wood tools, I was happy. Then, I learned about brewing stands, and I wanted one so, so much, I packed, and jumped into the first cave I saw, got everything except diamonds, did a halfhearted search for lava, got really bored, so I just ended up running around slaughtering mobs until I quit.

I'm still trying to get that feeling back, and that is how I found the mods TFC, and BTW

Bumping this thread for those interested.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0