Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bioxx

Discussion thread for the Combat Revamp

107 posts in this topic

Sizes could be good, huh shields are easily customizable

I think more bow types could be good.

We could have crossbows with really long draw time(like 10~15 seconds) but heavy damage, longbows with longer range, etc

Oh and an idea.

What if we had a cloak+hood, that takes up both head and chest armor slots, but covers your face, chest, arms(possibly) and prevents your nametag from showing?

It'll effectively let you do things in secret, and you won't have to shift 24/7 to prevent your nametag from being read/detected through walls

Also, I think it'll be nice if some weapons had 'effects' when used.

Like, a dagger has a really short reach, but can give heavy damage or a chance 'bleeding' debuff(makes mobs target bleeding player first, damage like posion), A lance has long reach but is slow, but on horseback, deals heavy knockback and damage, a mace can 'daze' a mob/player with a strong hit(slow, nausea, blindness combo would work)

Is it just me, or is this thread kinda dying?

I think armor should take time to take off/on.

'clothing' type armor(say, leather) would be taken on/off easily.

'light' armor(say, chain or scale.) would take some time.

'heavy' armor(plate, for example) would take lots of time, and need a armor changing-station type thing, or another player to put it on/off you

You can't move while putting armor on/off, and if you move or get hurt, all armor peaces that you are putting on will drop(not requested armor or off ones, but say plate takes 5 seconds to put on. someone tries to put it on/off you, they click the armor peace, but before 5 seconds passes, you or the one putting the armor on/off you moves or gets hit, then the armor you where trying to put on/off at the time will drop as an item)

Also, arrows should need a quiver to carry around effectively(say, if not in quiver, it doesn't stack)

and even in the quiver, it should only stack up to 20, 30 ish. 

As of now, one dedicated archer could carry/fire enough arrows to wipe out a entire army

Is it just me, or is this thread kinda dying?

I think armor should take time to take off/on.

'clothing' type armor(say, leather) would be taken on/off easily.

'light' armor(say, chain or scale.) would take some time.

'heavy' armor(plate, for example) would take lots of time, and need a armor changing-station type thing, or another player to put it on/off you

You can't move while putting armor on/off, and if you move or get hurt, all armor peaces that you are putting on will drop(not requested armor or off ones, but say plate takes 5 seconds to put on. someone tries to put it on/off you, they click the armor peace, but before 5 seconds passes, you or the one putting the armor on/off you moves or gets hit, then the armor you where trying to put on/off at the time will drop as an item)

Also, arrows should need a quiver to carry around effectively(say, if not in quiver, it doesn't stack)

and even in the quiver, it should only stack up to 20, 30 ish. 

As of now, one dedicated archer could carry/fire enough arrows to wipe out a entire army

It's not dead as much as most everything has been said. In fact, most of this idea has been suggested in the my repost/compilation of this thread. It's a good idea none the less

Oh yea, shields.

At first, I thought about it, but I thought it would need duel-welding to work properly, and the main reason for a shield is to attack and defend at the same time

And I couldn't think of a way for duel-welding to work nicely, I dropped the idea. But a armor slot for shields is a great idea.

I think shields should protect your left side(to some degree(also, I think switching hands, like say, sword on left, shield on right could be interesting) even when not actively used.

There should be a small shield, for cheap, light, defensive measures, it would protect less, but be good for early defense and light infantry/scouts.

A 'normal' shield for average stats, good, all-round sheild

A big/heavy shield, 100% damage reduction, huge durability, full protection when active(all front side protected), even wood needs some metal(to reinforce it) when crafting.

Extremely heavy, horrible mobility when moving

--

Don't really feel good about that part of that idea, as there would be too many shields in the game, more items, more lag I think (I know that's not the main cause we lag). Well, I look forward to being a peltast, use an arched shield and throw my javelins ;)

Shields could be equiped like an armor peice and have their own  hit box, right clicking with a weapon and a shield equipt would raise the shield to full guard

Shields could be equiped like an armor peice and have their own  hit box, right clicking with a weapon and a shield equipt would raise the shield to full guard

But what about weapons like javelins and bows?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0