Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Tsuarok

TerraRustica: an HD Realistic Pack (256x, 128x, 64x, 32x)[updated 6/24//2014]

TerraRustica Usage   52 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of TerraRustica are you using?

• 256x
    • 128x
    • 64x
    • 32x
    • I do not use it.
  2. 2. Do you use Better Grass and Leaves?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

60 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about it. Unless I can replicate the problem, there's not much I can do, so could you tell me which version of optifine you're using?

Also, do the clouds rotate? They're supposed to slowly go around the world, rotating around the z axis like a merry-go-round. Do they do that, but at that weird angle? Or do they rotate like the sun, sometimes appearing upside down?

Also, do the other layers display aberrant behavior? For example, does the ring around the moon follow the moon? Finally, do the sun and moon follow a path in the exact center of the sky?

To answer yor specific question, they should all be updated by now. I copy/pasted rather than cut/pasted, as I'm planning on doing something with them there, so they should be in both folders. I'll check it out once I get the compter back from my wife. But really, there was never anything that I'd made that should have caused that problem, so I'm not sure that there was ever a problem in the pack files.

Though I could easily be wrong...

Okay, after doing some research, I think I may have found your problem.  I don't know which shader you use, but some, including SEUS, have a feature that changes the path of the sun, tilting it at an angle which is more realistic for the higher latitudes and also provides more dramatic shadows.  It appears that this tilts the entire skybox.  

Unfortunately, I have no way of tilting it back.  If possible, you could disable the tilted sun feature to rectify this issue.

So, I'm going to the US for ~2 months on the 26th, and I cannot bring my computer.  I'm going to do one more release at the end of this week, and then I'll be taking a break until I get back on August 22nd.  On the bright side, I'll be able to take pictures of a variety of temperate region trees and such, which will hopefully improve the pack when I get back.  I'll have my ipad, so do feel free to ask questions and whatnot, I'll be checking in periodically.

Most of the TFC textures are done, the blocks anyway.  The majority of what is missing is vanilla.  If you'd like a more complete textured experience, I recommend dropping the assets folder from my pack into the vanilla pack of your choice, and replacing anything it asks you to replace.  This should shore things up until I can get back to work.

Have a great summer.

-Tsuarok

Okay, after doing some research, I think I may have found your problem.  I don't know which shader you use, but some, including SEUS, have a feature that changes the path of the sun, tilting it at an angle which is more realistic for the higher latitudes and also provides more dramatic shadows.  It appears that this tilts the entire skybox.  

Unfortunately, I have no way of tilting it back.  If possible, you could disable the tilted sun feature to rectify this issue.

Yes I do use the shader pack. Maybe that is it. Any idea how to disable the tilt exactly?

Unfortunately I don't actually know if individual features can be turned off.  I've never been able to use shaders, my laptop is just not up to it.  They discuss the problem a bit here, for SEUS shaders (I don't know if that's the one you're using).  A little past that they say that there is a fix, but not where to get it.  I imagine that a search may come up with something that might even fix the problem and let you keep the angle... though some of the sun and moon effects are in the better skies layer, so disabling it will be the best option (if possible).  Good luck!

If you do figure out how to use the tilt and the skybox together, you could just delete the sunglow and moonglow files -- I believe most shaders have similar (and actually superior) effects built in.  This may require deleting the associated sky(n) files and renaming the remaining files so that there are no gaps in the numbering.

Okay guys, I'm off tomorrow, so this is the final release until probably the beginning of September.  I'd hoped to have more done by now, but I haven't had as much time as I'd like to work on this, so...

Anyway, this week is pretty light on the updates.  Onions have been added in, as has an assortment of ores.  I'd added a smoke animation a while back that I'd put into the 256x pack, but forgot to place in the others, so they've got it now.

And, that's about it.

If you have any problems with the pack, please let me know; I'll be checking in periodically.  I won't be able to change anything myself, but I could help walk you through what needs to be changed.  Otherwise, it will still be nice to know for when I get back.

Have a nice summer, get outside a bit.

-Tsuarok

Hi Everyone... I just recently started playing Terrafirmacraft and was looking for a resource pack for it and I came across this thread.  I think this pack looks amazing!  Can anyone here help me with the installation of this pack with the necessary mods mentioned?  I've already downloaded the Terra Rustica.zip and have added it to the correct folder.   I guess I need help/guidance with adding the additional functionality of Optifine or McPatcher... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't had to do anything special for optifine really.  Just follow the link in the OP, download the correct version: HD C6, under the 1.6.4 files in the Older Versions spoiler.  I personally use the HD U C6 version, but I believe the other HD C6 versions work as well.  Move the file to your mods folder, and that's pretty much it.

If you're looking at adding the Better Grass and Leaves mod (which I highly recommend, link is there under the mod support spoiler, make sure you download the config file too), some users need to modify the optifine file slightly.  I personally didn't need to, but I know the steps if you need help.

Other than that, the only thing you need to do is make sure your optifine is set to Connected Textures: Fancy, and you're set.  This can be found under video settings in the esc menu.  I also recommend turning mipmapping all the way up, especially for the higher definition packs.  It can get this weird graininess without it.

And just in case you've never used any resource pack before, press esc, click on resource packs, and select this one.

I'm glad you like the look of the pack, and hope you enjoy using it.  Feel free to post any further questions, or PM me if you run into any problems. :)

I personally love this pack, but it seems that when i look around (move my mouse) its decently smooth, but the textures kind of mess up a bit. From far away, they start to look.....pixely. Kind of like artifacts from graphics cards, but not. I can run 512 bit without that effect, but for some reason only this pack causes it. I can post a video showing it, if that helps any. Any help is appreciated!

I find that this goes away if you turn mipmapping all the way up.  This is supposed to have negligible performance impact, and improves the long distance rendering quite a bit. Alternatively, you could turn up antialiasing, which gives even better results, but can slow things down a bit.

I'm not really sure what causes this.  I think it may have something to do with high contrast pixels and the distance rendering mechanic, but I've noticed it in some, but not all, other HD packs as well.

Hope this helps, and I'm glad you're enjoying the pack so far.