Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Tsuarok

TerraRustica: an HD Realistic Pack (256x, 128x, 64x, 32x)[updated 6/24//2014]

TerraRustica Usage   52 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of TerraRustica are you using?

• 256x
    • 128x
    • 64x
    • 32x
    • I do not use it.
  2. 2. Do you use Better Grass and Leaves?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

60 posts in this topic

Update:

Added blackberry, strawberry, and bunchberry bushes

Posted Image

Added (or modified, I can't remember if it was already there) short grass 

Posted Image

Added reeds 

Posted Image

Added waterlilies 

Posted Image

Added better_water lilies (req. Better Grass and Leaves mod) 

Posted Image

Added more particles 

Posted ImagePosted Image

Added rain

If they weren't there before, I've also added pondweed and seaweed.

I also improved (I hope) the grass sides.  The roots now cover only half the block.

Please let me know what you think, about the new stuff and the old. :)

Google Drive doesn't give me download statistics, so I'm not really sure if anyone is using this or not.  I've added a poll to see which, if any, of the versions are in use and to see if BG&L is being used, so that I can better focus my work.  Please take a second to weigh in.  Thanks! 

can you move this from google drive to a differant download location, maybe mediashare or something.

I have tried to download the 256x version 3 times now, it fails at the end.....

Sure, I'll give it a shot...  This might take a few minutes...

grrr.  Seems that too many people are looking at my photos... which is a good thing, but I'm not sure where else I can host them. I'll try to fix this tomorrow, I need to go to bed.  Anyway, it's update Saturday, so I have:

Bloomery & Bloomery animation

I redid the blast furnace and its animation as well

Added crucible

Added moss

The animations take quite a bit of time, so it's a little light this week.  The original blast furnace was the first animation I'd ever done of any type, and I didn't really like it that much.  I hope ya'll like the new one.

I know moss isn't actually in the game, but I really love moss, so I just kinda felt inspired.  You can check it out in creative mode, so you can probably sell it on your servers (no idea bout it's stability though).

I'd just like to say that I'm really happy with the way the crucible turned out, especially in 256x.  Lot's of detail.

I've started uploading at 2am eastern time, so I expect everything to be up by 7am(ish).

As always, please let me know what you think.

Just wanted to say thanks for creating this pack, it's awesome.

I did find one of those pink/black textures that isn't working.  It looks like it happens when long grass / flowers get snow under them.

Ore's being done would be great if you get time, they are quite difficult to see I find since they are still 16x16 on the high detail textures.  It's like they need some kind of shine or shimmer or just have more pixels lol.

I'm glad you like it. :)

Thanks for pointing out the dreaded pink & black :)  I'd actually noticed that before, but I can't find the responsible texture.  Snow texture itself is fine, as are the flowers, and as far as I can tell there are no flower + snow textures.  I'm not really sure what to do about it.  Any advice would definitely be appreciated.

I've been working on the ores, but I've really hated the results so far, so I've tossed them.  Having them as an overlay, with no alpha support, makes them look like they're just pasted on top of the rock and not integrated in.  I could require MCPatcher, which does support alpha (partial transparency, for blending), but I don't really want to force that on people.  The other route, which is what I think I'm going to go with, is to simple have the entire texture opaque, so that you can't see the rock underneath at all.  If you've come across any bismuthinite, you'll see what I mean.  You'll also see that I need to add more textures, because as it is, the tiling is horribly obvious.

I'll see if I can get at least one texture in for each ore.  It won't be pretty until I can add some CTM to it, but at least you'll be able to see it.

Found the solution to the snow in another part of the forum.

You have to turn off 'Better Snow' in the Optifine settings - no texture missing :)

Nagydeak has release his pack review, which can also now be found in the OP.  Be sure to give him a like, he's worked very hard at making this video.  Thanks so much for your support!

Update Saturday!

This week I've been mostly working on (read: trying to figure out) skyboxes for the better skies system.

Sunrise

Night Sky

Day Sky

Also some more ores were added, as well as glass.

As always, please let me know what you think. :)

-Tsuarok

link to 128 version takes to 256 version please fix it

Whoops, thanks for pointing that out.  Fixing now.

Edit: Should be fixed now... unless I accidentally uploaded the 256 file into the 128 location... in which case it will be fixed by tomorrow morning; a new version will be ready by then.

Looks great! I can't stand 16x graphics or all the cartoony texture packs out there. I need HD Photorealistic! 

Please finish this ASAP, I can not wait, thank you for this!

One thing I noticed, the clouds are on a weird line, kinda cut off. 

Posted Image

oh... that wasn't happening in my tests... it looks like the rotation axis was changed :(  

I'll fix it and reupload, thank you for pointing this out.

okay, I think I've found the problem, I'm uploading a new version now.  Unfortunately, it's seems to take about 4 hours to get them all uploaded.

The clouds, BTW, are supposed to rotate around the horizon...

Awesome thank you! Do you have a percentage of how complete this texture pack is? 

okay, everything should be uploaded and working now.  I don't have a percentage, but I still need to do most of the items, all of the entities, about half of the crops, and a few other miscellaneous things, as well as font and opening screen stuff.

Unfortunately, I'm a somewhat slow worker, and I don't have a ton of time.  If you need some more completeness, you could merge a different HD pack with this one.  Most of the missing stuff is vanilla, so if you just place the terrafirmacraft folder into your choice of vanilla pack, and replace whatever tiles are in the minecraft folder with mine, you would have a more or less complete pack.  Maybe photorealism or something similar would go well with this.

To all:

Last week I released some better sky stuff, which I was really happy with.  And then I played with it a bit, and saw a ton of flaws.  So I spent the week working both on the visual flaws and the timing, and I added the sun and moon, and various effects for them.  The result may look pretty similar to last week's release, but I really have, in my opinion, improved it quite a bit.  As always, let me know what you think.  And please continue to post any errors you find.  I spend most of my time doing the actual textures, not playing, which means that I miss some things.  Thanks for your support.

-Tsuarok 

okay, everything should be uploaded and working now.  I don't have a percentage, but I still need to do most of the items, all of the entities, about half of the crops, and a few other miscellaneous things, as well as font and opening screen stuff.

Unfortunately, I'm a somewhat slow worker, and I don't have a ton of time.  If you need some more completeness, you could merge a different HD pack with this one.  Most of the missing stuff is vanilla, so if you just place the terrafirmacraft folder into your choice of vanilla pack, and replace whatever tiles are in the minecraft folder with mine, you would have a more or less complete pack.  Maybe photorealism or something similar would go well with this.

To all:

Last week I released some better sky stuff, which I was really happy with.  And then I played with it a bit, and saw a ton of flaws.  So I spent the week working both on the visual flaws and the timing, and I added the sun and moon, and various effects for them.  The result may look pretty similar to last week's release, but I really have, in my opinion, improved it quite a bit.  As always, let me know what you think.  And please continue to post any errors you find.  I spend most of my time doing the actual textures, not playing, which means that I miss some things.  Thanks for your support.

-Tsuarok 

Awesome! Could I just not load your texture pack and a completed texture pack of my choice in the Minecraft launcher at the same time? You can load more than one pack now correct? Would it not use the completed texture pack of my choice, then yours for any missing textures (all the terrafirmacraft ones) and finally default minecraft if nothing else had a replacement texture?

If not I want to be sure I do this right:

1. Copy your terrafirmacraft folder into my texture pack of choice into the assets folder.

2. Copy the minecraft folder from your texture pack into my texture pack of choice, and overwrite anything it asks.

3. done.

Awesome! Could I just not load your texture pack and a completed texture pack of my choice in the Minecraft launcher at the same time? You can load more than one pack now correct? Would it not use the completed texture pack of my choice, then yours for any missing textures (all the terrafirmacraft ones) and finally default minecraft if nothing else had a replacement texture?

If not I want to be sure I do this right:

1. Copy your terrafirmacraft folder into my texture pack of choice into the assets folder.

2. Copy the minecraft folder from your texture pack into my texture pack of choice, and overwrite anything it asks.

3. done.

The loading of multiple texture packs is a feature for Minecraft 1.7. Since TFC is for 1.6.4, you can't use that feature just yet.

The steps you listed are correct.

Yes, as Kitty said, exactly right.

One problem I've noticed: it seems I was supposed to put the sun and moon_phases files into the minecraft/textures/environment folder rather than the minecraft/mcpatcher/sky/world0 folder, so you won't see the moon or the sun as they should be.   I'm uploading them again, corrected, but as my internet sucks, this will take another 4ish hours.  In the meantime, if ya'll want to see the sun and moon as they're meant to be, just cut and paste them into the environment folder.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Tsuarok 

To cut and paste does that include all sun and moon.png's even the MoonGlow and SunGlow and MoonBackground and SunsetBackground?

Also is it just the png's or the sun and moon phases properties files too?

Only the sun.png and the moon_phases.png, the rest stays in the world0 folder.

Still getting the odd shaped sky and cut off clouds... thought that got fixed or did I mix up my texture packs?

Posted Image

Posted Image

huh... I have no idea why that would happen.  When I first saw it I thought that I'd changed the rotation axis by accident, but from your pictures, it seems to just be stuck at that angle.  Which is totally bizarre. 

The clouds aren't cut off per se, that's supposed to be the horizon...

This isn't happening for me with the files I've released... so... I don't know.  Maybe replace your optifine file?  There's a recommended version in the OP.  If that doesn't work, the only thing I can think of is deleting the world0 folder and just using the vanilla sky.  Vanilla's ugly, but that is worse, IMO.

If anyone else is having this problem, please let me know.

huh... I have no idea why that would happen.  When I first saw it I thought that I'd changed the rotation axis by accident, but from your pictures, it seems to just be stuck at that angle.  Which is totally bizarre. 

The clouds aren't cut off per se, that's supposed to be the horizon...

This isn't happening for me with the files I've released... so... I don't know.  Maybe replace your optifine file?  There's a recommended version in the OP.  If that doesn't work, the only thing I can think of is deleting the world0 folder and just using the vanilla sky.  Vanilla's ugly, but that is worse, IMO.

If anyone else is having this problem, please let me know.

I have to use a specific version of Optifine with the Shaders so changing it may be an issue. Did you upload your latest? I just downloaded the x128 version and it still has the sun and moon_phases files in the minecraft/mcpatcher/sky/world0 folder. Makes me think this is still outdated.