Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, InsaneJ said:

wait

I'm sorry, what do mean?

when i buy original mc,i want play in this server,but,i only have a Acer Aspire ES 15,Not a Nasa Pc,

There are a bunch of different Acer Aspire ES 15 configurations available. Without more information from your part it's hard to say how well yours will run TFC.

That being said, you don't need a 'Nasa Pc' to run TFC. Any quad core CPU with 4GB should be able to run it with varying degrees of performance. Worst case scenario: you may need to turn down some graphics settings.

Oh, and be sure to install Optifine. It gives a nice performance boost and it solves a bunch of TFC issues.

We've had plenty of new ARK stuff latetely, but things have been quiet on the Minecraft front. That is about to change smile.png

Question: What can use the 32GB of RAM in my PC and requires bi-daily restarts?

Spoiler

Teaser01.png

Answer: this

Spoiler

Teaser02.png

We have been running the current Freebie TFC and Donor TFC/TFC HC servers for a while now. The idea was to give the community a nice free server to play on while rewarding our donors with two huge TFC servers.

In practice this didn't work out as we had hoped. The donor servers never reached critical mass and therefore remained mostly empty. Which is why I'm going to change things up a bit. Here's the plan:

• The Freebie TFC server's map will be increased to 100.000 x 30.000 blocks.
  • The Donor TFC, Donor TFC HC and Donor TnFC servers will be replaced with a full bred TFC server which will be replaced periodically.

Here's the reasoning behind these changes. Most donors wish to keep on playing with their friends in their established towns. It makes little sense to offer them a server where their friends aren't. Since we can't (and won't) offer pay to win perks, all we can do is cosmetics and grant access to other servers. So what I'd like to do is make the Freebie TFC server more appealing to try to increase player base there.

The Freebie TFC server is getting a huge 100.000 x 30.000 block map. While this is smaller than the Donor servers, it should offer more playable area for TFC. The Donor servers have a huge square map. This resulted in endless frozen wastelands to the north and impenetrable jungles to the south. The new Freebie TFC map is focused around the temperate zone with a band of frozen lands and jungle. This means less space is wasted on areas that players generally aren't very active in.

The new Donor server will be running the Feed The Beast Direwold20 1.10 mod pack. I've pre-generated a 12.000 x 12.000 world for this server. The reason I'm keeping this relatively small is that we are expecting fewer players on this server than on our public server, and we really want and need to encourage cooperation here. While it's a relatively light mod pack by our standards (HappyDiggers AMP), the server will face quite a heavy load on such servers when people get their bases up and running. So we'd really like for players to band together on these servers.

The new Donor server will be changed about every 3 months to another mod pack. This will hopefully keep players interested. After 3 or so months, the map isn't deleted. I will save them and after having played on a bunch of other mod packs, they may return so people can continue playing there. This is also one of the reasons why the map isn't crazy huge like on the current Donor TFC servers.

The new Donor server will be running Forge with Sponge. This allows us access to a lot of plugins much like we have on the current TFC servers with KCauldron. We will be starting off light though and rely on the mod pack's supplied FTB utilities for plot claiming. Players can join (or start) a team and then claim a bunch of plots. IF they add friends, those friends are allowed full access to those plots. So be careful who you add as a friend on the server.

Right now all of this is still in the planning and preparation phase. So if people have questions, suggestions, concerns or objections. Now is the time to speak up. As always we really want to hear your input.

One question.
Could you put the server for non-premium users?

Thanks for reading.

2 hours ago, Davix32 said:

One question.
Could you put the server for non-premium users?

Thanks for reading.

Sorry no, that will never happen. I suggest that you buy Minecraft if you like the game.

I just noticed the official TechnodeFirmacraft server has shut down. We had planned to replace our Donor TnFC server with a FTB mod pack server.

TnFC is a special mod pack. I'm considering opening a small public server instead if there are enough people interested and we can find one or two moderators willing to monitor the server. Before moving on with this I'd like to get some input first. So if you're interested in a public TnFC server, let me know.

hello, Just as a suggestion, would it be possible to add the merchant addon to your server, for trading purposes? Just a friendly suggestion, do with is as you please. Love your server, by the way.

Sorry, no. That would require players to install this mod on their clients. We have always kept our servers TFC only and expanded functionality through Bukkit plugins to keep it as easy as possible for players to join.

A TNFC server would be interesting to test again, Im a veteran of the official servers myself. For simply keeping an eye on the server community, I would not mind some moderation responsibilities. Where is your server located?

Edited by VonNeuman
additional info

On 9/13/2017 at 0:08 PM, InsaneJ said:

I just noticed the official TechnodeFirmacraft server has shut down. We had planned to replace our Donor TnFC server with a FTB mod pack server.

TnFC is a special mod pack. I'm considering opening a small public server instead if there are enough people interested and we can find one or two moderators willing to monitor the server. Before moving on with this I'd like to get some input first. So if you're interested in a public TnFC server, let me know.

As another former player of the official TNFC server, I would definitely be interested in playing. You could probably find a lot of other people who are interested too on the subreddit, it could be worth making a thread there.

Edited by gold_mine

On 4. 2. 2014 at 3:19 PM, InsaneJ said:

Why only original minecraft

Edited by michalsk

I'm going to do some testing with the current version of TnFC. This will take time and we may not end up with a working public server at all. Be patient.

In the mean time. If anyone has any good ideas they'd like to voice. Please feel free to do so.

100.000K.jpg

The world size of the Freebie TFC server has been increased. It is now 100.000 blocks wide making it five times wider than before. Have fun with all that new space smile.png

Oh, I've also decreased teleport cool down time to 30 seconds.

Enjoy!

tfc.happydiggers.net:4000

Edited by InsaneJ

Well I have a problem in the server. I have been playing with the name BGftover in the server(Which was my friend's account because I had no premium MC). Now I bought myself and I he changed the password, he is not playing TFC and I would like to ask you if you can set JustSoni as mayor of the town Sonsville or delete the town so I can create it again?

2 hours ago, JustSoni said:

Well I have a problem in the server. I have been playing with the name BGftover in the server(Which was my friend's account because I had no premium MC). Now I bought myself and I he changed the password, he is not playing TFC and I would like to ask you if you can set JustSoni as mayor of the town Sonsville or delete the town so I can create it again?

Dom told me the following:

JustSoni is already mayor of that town... BGftover put in a ticket to do this 3+ days ago and it must of been handled between then and now.

Please check and let me know if things are in order now.

Because i saw someone asking about their pc being able to play TFC, My computer is nearly a decade old and it can run TFC with some other mods with 30-50 fps, so I think everyone will be fine, TFC isnt that big of a mod

an622bd.png

After we migrated the HappyDiggers website to a new platform the TeamSpeak widget broke. For the past couple of months I had been unable to remedy that situation. Yesterday I put in a bunch more hours and finally got it fixed.

So now, once again, you can see our TeamSpeak channels on the left on our home page. Feeling chatty? Want to engage our community some more? Planning your next great build? Please join! Our TeamSpeak server address is: ts.happydiggers.net

And yes, we still use TeamSpeak. Even though a lot of people enjoy using things like Discord. Reason being that we believe privacy is one of the most precious things that we have and I don't want shady companies to profit from yours. So if you have a conversation with someone, I don't want to sell that data. It's the same reason there aren't any banners on our website.

I have begun generating a new world for TechNodeFirmaCraft 3.5. It's very slow going, even slower than TFC. Which makes sense since it's TFC + a ton of other mods :)

Once the world is done generating I'll start setting up the server instance that is going to run on our server hardware. When that is done we'll need a bunch of people to start play testing to see how much stuff is broken.

A bit of bad news...

It has come to our attention that a lot of towns, even well established ones, are breaking the rules when it comes to town limits. We have rules about how much stuff each town can have:

• 8 adult animals total. Each animal needs to be in its own 16x16 pen in it own chunk fenced in, the fence can have small sections for gates.
  • 3 plots of tilled soil farmland or berry bushes. This means 768 blocks. They may be in more than three plots, but 768 max. Can be mixed between the two.
  • 8 fruit trees. (All kinds allowed: red apple, green apple, banana, peach, etc.)
  • 1 of each kind of anvil. (copper, bronze, wrought iron, steel, etc.)
  • 2 outposts
  • 1 /sethome point per player

These rules are there to keep the server running smoothly and to prevent crashes. When we find people breaking these rules we will tell them to remove the excess stuff. If they don't comply promptly they will no face a jail time of 1 hour per item over the limit.

Work has begun on a new public HappyDiggers TnFC server. As some of you may know we already host a Donor TnFC server which is currently outdated. The new public server will be replacing the Donor server. And as the name suggests, no donations are required for joining this new server.

I've generated a 100.000 x 30.000 block world. This took a long time. The server is currently being uploaded and I'll begin the process of setting up all the mods and plugins that we also use for our regular TFC servers. Since it'll be a public server we want it to use a bunch of plugins to make the lives of staff members easier. This means the server will be running on KCauldron and that means quirks and bugs. If you want to get an idea of how we run our public TFC servers, you're welcome to try our current TFC server at tfc.happydiggers.net:4000

The next step will be to start play testing. Play testing should start in one or two weeks. For this I'm looking for a couple of volunteers. Preferably veterans of the official TnFC server. Play testing means we'll spawn in a bunch of resources and player will have to sprint through the various tech trees to figure out what works and what doesn't. No time for exploration and base building at this stage. Just setting up machines, testing mechanics, that sort of stuff. We'll require people to leave a short summary or report of each play session. Nothing too complicated. Just what you did and if it worked or not: build machine X, tried mechanic Y, etc.

If anyone's interested please leave a reply and tell us about your experience with TnFC and if you're willing to do boring test work. Again, we are not looking for players at this point. If you want to play TnFC on our server, please be patient.

Just out of curiosity. The 30.000 blocks of latitude are spread from -15000 to +15.000? I try that a while ago and ended up with 10.000 blocks wasted on Acacia Forest that no one would live on. Not counting the perpetual darkness under the trees that make it a zombie paradise, the heat is so great that food spoils faster than you can eat. 

How has Happydigger dealt with that?

The world is centered on     x: 0.5 z: -14999.5.

Before we used to have a 100.000 x 100.000 world cetered around x: 0.5 z: 0.5. Most of that world was just wasted disk space. Now we have, what we think, is the most ideal part of the TFC world. There are jungles to the south and frozen wasteland to the north with all of the temperate climate area in between. And if needed we can always expand it horizontally like we did on the FreebieTFC server recently.

That's what I had in mind, thanks for the explanation.