Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

Just to be clear, again. Please follow the rules.

Type /rules to read the server rules. Right now this is what that command will show you:

[1] Respect the staff and other players.[2] See rule 1. That means not stealing or griefing.[3] See rule 1. That means not swearing or abusive language.[4] See rule 1. Do not turn your town spawn into a death trap.[5] Protect your town with Towny. Use /t help for more info.

As you can see there are 2 main rules:

Respect the staff and other players.

Protect your town with Towny.

These rules boil down to common sense and decency. We put a lot of time and effort into this server, not to mention it costs a lot of money to run a server this size. We don't want to have to put up with abusive players or having to fix grief because someone didn't protect their builds. If you cannot or will not follow these simple rules, you will be banned.

Please, don't make world reset because of 78.10.... Come to MarblePalace to see what I've build, I don't wanna loose it... 

I have no authority on the matter, but I doubt there will be a reset - 78.10 will work with an old world, there's just some different land gen in the new areas.

Roadie was on and didn't say anything about a reset, so i would assume that there isn't going to be one

We've updated the server to 0.78.10. I choose not to reset the map because in my opinion the new features do not warrant the destruction of everybody's progress.

I guess I don't ever need to worry about food again thanks to horse auto-breeding:

Posted Image

No problem, it's not often I'm the first to report a bug, I thought I'd better jump on it quick so it can be fixed soon!For now, players can avoid the crash by refining the bloom on the anvil and then melting the refined bloom in a crucible over the forge instead of splitting on an anvil. Hopefully since it's an advanced feature the regular players will find out and not split.

New Marble Palace has been built is Sherton. Everyone's welcome!

/t spawn Sherton

Posted Image

I was at your Marble Palace the other day, and it looks really nice. Good job :)

If anyone else woule like to show what they're doing, feel free!

On a different note: the server has been updated to 0.78.11

One day I was walking in a forest, looking for bushes, and then... 

post-2444-0-66964700-1398881030_thumb.pn

I have a little request to admins. It seems that noone can find willow, white cedar and maple nowhere in the world. May be that's because of old world generation system or something else. Could you plant a forest of these trees somewhere around spawn?

Server has been updated to 0.78.12

I don't think we're going to plant a forest next to spawn. Reason being that it will get cut down in minutes and nobody is going to replant the thing because that is how most players are. Then that would leave the admins with more work to do or make it a one-time thing which wouldn't be fair to other players.

What we can do is look into plugins that automatically replant saplings after you chop down a tree. I don't know of they will work for TFC trees, but we can try :)

Are there any plans to add ExtraFirma to this server?

I don't think you should do anything about people not replanting trees. Deforestation is part of TFC.

Are there any plans to add ExtraFirma to this server?

No. The HappyDiggers TFC server only requires players to have TerraFirmaCraft, nothing else.

I don't think you should do anything about people not replanting trees. Deforestation is part of TFC.

Of course we're not going to do anything about players who don't replant trees in general. If that's what they want to do, then that's fine :)

The question was if we could provide players with hard to find trees. For that we could potentially create a tree farm near spawn. In such a farm we would require the trees to be (automatically) replanted so everyone can benefit from it. Right now we haven't decided if we're going to do this or not.

Sorry I was responding to the part about possibly adding a plugin to automatically replant saplings.

Planting some of the missing tree types would be nice. Maybe do it in some randomly chosen locations instead of at spawn so someone would have to get lucky and find them. Sort of makes it fair and similar to how lucky people find nickel or graphite while others don't.

You might want to re-download and install 78.12 because of this fix to food decay. Right now the decay on the server is wacky, where in hot climates food decays really fast and in cold ones it actually removes decay.

I've already done that on may 2nd 08:56 AM local time. Which was about one and a half hours after I read this:  

Re-download 78.12. Bioxx did a ghost fix for this.

These are the current TFCOptions the server is using: http://paste2.org/9dZtcMG6I think KodeKatt made some changes a while ago to reduce the impact of food decay.

Well from that same post I quoted, Bioxx says FoodDecayRate shouldn't be less than 1. Maybe go back to the defaults since 78.12 changed the way it works, and reassess from there.

Two things:

1. The server has been updated to 0.78.13

2. We will not tolerate bullies, abusive players or people who think it's fun to insult other players. Moress got banned because he's all three. In real life he would get expelled from school or loose his job (depending on age) for what he did.

The rules are clear: Please respect staff and other players.

No more Dothraki seas, yay!

Or 3 tps and block lag :P Now we just need to kill a lot of the existing horses.

No more Dothraki seas, yay!

But... but...

Posted Image