Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

Some server back-end mods that you may optionally download the client side components for, should you wish to!

Please note, these are completely optional and by no means required in order to connect. Only a legitimate copy of Minecraft, Forge and TFC are required.

More Player Models

Smart Moving

If you have a request for a mod that does not require a client side component, please let me know and I will look into it!

I am sorry to ask you this kind of question, why is the server closed all the time?

You are updating server regularly, but I have never seen the server is opened.

Could let me know how it is possible?

I am sorry to ask you this kind of question, why is the server closed all the time?

You are updating server regularly, but I have never seen the server is opened.

Could let me know how it is possible?

Posted Image

Posted Image

The images don't show up, try using imgur.com to post them or use the attachment feature of these forums. The server is up all the time, you can go to the tfc.happydiggers.net website and see the map with people playing. Must be a connection problem on your end. Make sure you're putting the port in the address field, like: "tfc.happydiggers.net:4000"

The server is open all the time. Chances are you are blocked in the firewall.

The server uses a country based, a threat based and a spam based block list which are updated daily. Which means known spammers (and countries that send A LOT of spam like Korea, China, India, Russia, Turkey, Vietnam, Ukraine, Brazil, Venezuela, Pakistan, etc.), hackers and bot nets are blocked as much as possible.

If you are from one of those countries, just send me your IP and I'll add you to the whitelist. Go to http://what-my-ip.org/ to see what your IP is.

New to TFC (just figuring out bronze making in a singleplayer world) and looking for a server to play on, and this feels like the most active one.How's the server's community toward new players? And how's the server in general?

Since we enforce the rule that people respect the staff and other players you should find that our server isn't hostile towards new players. Also PVP is turned off so we don't have squads of players going around killing the newbies or players with lesser gear. That being said, most players on the server are genuinely nice people willing to help out others.

Some towns are actively searching new, unknown, players. Others like to see how new people behave a little bit first. It all depends on who is online at the time when you join. You could always start your own town, or maybe visit a few towns and talk to people and get to know them. You can see the large amount of towns we have available on Dynmap.

Fun factoid. The HappyDiggers TFC server so far has seen 1049 individual players since the map was updated to the 0.78.x builds. Of which ~300 joined the server since etho released his first TFC video 4 days ago.

Fun factoid. The HappyDiggers TFC server so far has seen 1049 individual players since the map was updated to the 0.78.x builds. Of which ~300 joined the server since etho released his first TFC video 4 days ago.

I can see that. First heard of TFC from Arkas's and Pakratt's LP.

And it's been a nice server so far. Was on later than I should (1:30 AM) and was travelling north to untouched lands. Currently around 260, 5560 (near Mysticbug's house) and might settle down northeast of Inferium and Peat. Personally, I feel setting up with a nice hut and gear before forming/joining any town is best.

EDIT :

Question with the plug-ins, was trying to lock a chest but it didn't give me premissions because I was in the wild. So, do I have to make a town (or equivilant) to be able to lock any chest or doorways? Figured it out.

Posted Image

Correction, dear pony. I like your meat and your hide, maybe your bones too.

Correction, dear pony. I like your meat and your hide, maybe your bones too.

Posted Image

I was having a rough night. I know the screen shot is small and dark but that is about 15 zombies and 2 baby zombies coming at me. There is a little thatch tower off to the side they just knocked me off of with the help of two spiders. 

post-7067-0-70309700-1399678399_thumb.pn

I'm so sad... I was banned from the server...

I know I did break the rules, and in a way I deserve a ban, but this server was the most fun I had had in a long time. I was really having fun, but I broke the rules, and, well, payed the price I guess.

Well I guess thats just the way things happen. My life clearly sucks too much to have fun...

I admit that i moved the pots and i also admit that what i did was against the rules i will not do it again and i will refund the pots if necessary.

ign: black_knight_123

I'm so sad... I was banned from the server...

I know I did break the rules, and in a way I deserve a ban, but this server was the most fun I had had in a long time. I was really having fun, but I broke the rules, and, well, payed the price I guess.

Well I guess thats just the way things happen. My life clearly sucks too much to have fun...

I admit that i moved the pots and i also admit that what i did was against the rules i will not do it again and i will refund the pots if necessary.

ign: black_knight_123

If you wish to appeal a ban, please go to our community website, and check the "Ban/UnBan Requests" section. Please mention which server you've been banned from, we run several.

Posted Image

Server is getting pretty crowded at times. In the screenshot above we had 51 people on.

The server will now start kicking players that have been idle for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes you go AFK, then 5 minutes after that you are automatically kicked. This has not further bearing on your status on the server and should not be considered punishment of any kind. It's just to help reduce lag (teh luvs) and so other players can get a chance to play as well :)

Starting tomorrow the HappyDiggers TFC server will have 35 player slots available. Right now the HappyDiggers TFC server is always populated. During the quiet hours there are 10+ people on, during peak hours we max out at 50.

As many players have noticed, TFC doesn't perform as well as we'd like it to under those circumstances. There is just too much going on and some mechanics(multi-block structures, mobs, chunk updates upon loading) are just too poorly optimized at this time for any server to keep up. I have long put off reducing the amount of slots because we, and many players, felt that it's preferable to be able to play with lag (teh luv) rather then not being able to play at all.

However due to the increased popularity of TFC there are now more active servers available for players to choose from. So I encourage players to visit those servers as well and share the player base across the community. I've always believed that diversity is what makes Minecraft great, and that also goes for different kinds of Minecraft servers :)

PSA: please keep the amount of animals you keep to a minimum, they can cause quite a bit of lag.

This afternoon I saw the following when analyzing server performance using Opis:

Posted Image

It shows 1 chunk using 2.4ms of processor time each tick. Given that there should be 20 ticks in each second, one tick may last a maximum of 50ms. Out of those 50ms, 2.4ms was used just for that chunk.

When I teleported to the chunk I saw the following:

Posted Image

There were approximately 126 chickens in that chunk, using about 1/20th of the total server capacity. In other words, 20 of those pens would completely keep the server occupied leaving no room for anything else without causing lag.

Please don't keep any more animals then you are actually using. It will help keep the server as lag free as possible for all the players on it :)

Some statistics for those who like stats :)

At the time I'm posting this, the HappyDiggers TFC server has been visited by 2110 unique players and send+received a total 5.6TB of data the past month.

Posted Image

I'm working on setting up a more detailed stats page which will show individual player's stats. Stay tuned!

Everyone's welcome to Sherton's Trading Hall. Here you can buy many stuff including kaolinite, graphite and steel pickaxes for gold ingots.

Go to Sherton (/t spawn Sherton) and follow sings. 

P.S. Besides it's very beautiful palace. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here you can buy many stuff including

Is there anywhere an instruction on how to setup shop on this server?

There currently isn't any kind of shop mod/plugin running on the server. All shops are trade posts made by players.

If enough people are interested in making their own shop, I'll consider facilitating it through some sort of plugin. It'll probably be a sign shop since that's easiest to use and most reliable in mixed Forge/Bukkit servers.

So let me know what you guys think :)

I guess may be we could turn on currency of towny plugin? I don't know exactly how it works but it may add some fun.