Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
AGFbydesign

Female Gender Option

21 posts in this topic

The option of a Female Gender for the Player, and more respect towards women. 

Overall, the mod is geared more towards the male players of mine craft, but many people don't realize that girls like mine craft too, and the mod just doesn't do a girl justice. I don't really have a reason for this other than that I would like to have the option to be a girl (because IRL I am one).

Ps feel free to make additional suggestions around this particular topic

Edited by Kittychanley
Removed irrelevant PPS. Suggesting other mods as solutions are completely valid responses in these forums.

just saying that the player model in minecraft was supposed to be gender neutral but people just gave it the name steve.

also you can change the skin to be a girl if you want.

Does gender even matter at all in this mod, how is it "more geared towards the male players"? geez... It just seems that you WANT attention.

Just use a female player skin and be done with it, enjoy tfc.

just saying that the player model in minecraft was supposed to be gender neutral but people just gave it the name steve.

also you can change the skin to be a girl if you want.

Does gender even matter at all in this mod? geez... It just seems that you WANT attention.

Just use a female player skin and be done with it.

I do have a girl skin, I am NOT looking for attention.

Edited by Kittychanley
Telling someone to shut their face hole isn't nice either.

Already tons of nods that add this. Head over to the minecraft forms and look under the mode list. One I use on my server is called Gendered(or something like that)

Does gender even matter at all in this mod, how is it "more geared towards the male players"? geez... It just seems that you WANT attention.

Just use a female player skin and be done with it, enjoy tfc.

although you have a point theres with gender not mattering no need to be rude.

anyway kazahied has a point. there are mods that do this and probably work with this mod as well.

edit: aw she abandoned the topic while i was writing a reply. well good luck anyways. if its any help jeb will probably add this to minecraft at some point

If you do decide to come back from abandoning this topic, I would like to know how exactly you think TFC is "more geared towards the male players" and what would be gained from adding the female option other than giving your model boobs. If you're thinking along the lines of female players getting boosts for mechanics like cooking or something, that is horribly stereotypical and not accurate and will not be added to the mod.

I also don't see how adding this would give "more respect towards women." If anything, adding female characteristics to the models such as breasts is going to decrease respect because "omg boobies!~"

You already have the option to be a girl by changing your skin to a female one, what more do you want?

Following that, look at my skin

Posted Image

EDIT: And mod-wise, if you're really hard-pressed about the option, you should look into Minecraft Comes Alive.

Edited by uresai2kai

It's funny how she wants an, "option for a female gender for the player", when there is no male option present. Players are genderless; a player and that players skin determines the gender of the player. And in no way is this different in TerraFirmaCraft than it is in Minecraft as a whole. It sounds like whatever problem you have with the gender system needs to be brought to Mojang, not to TFC. 

Feminism ftw, it poisons everything, even their cause.

although you have a point theres with gender not mattering no need to be rude.

anyway kazahied has a point. there are mods that do this and probably work with this mod as well.

edit: aw she abandoned the topic while i was writing a reply. well good luck anyways. if its any help jeb will probably add this to minecraft at some point

It just baffles me how some people complain about things that are so insignificant and make no sense at all, i mean, you can just slap a skin into your character and everyone will know that you're a "GAMURRR GURLLL PLS DON'T HIT ON ME GUYS ;) ;)", you also have your character name which could represent your gender,  what else could you possibly want? Also most people that make topics like this one do it for the attention and it's kind of annoying to see it on the tfc forums too... It's like a disease.

This isn't an RPG... I know what she wants! More feminine bone shattering falls. Petite foot steps on stone.

@Kazahied. Hard to believe she bailed out at first resistance. Without providing a final word on the matter. If gender equality really was a concern she should act a little more mature.

Edit: @Gopp. I'm a Master Builder. Please don't greif me you silly Kazahieds. ;)

I really don't understand what a female gender option would/could/should do.

anyone care to enlighten me?

I really don't understand what a female gender option would/could/should do.

anyone care to enlighten me?

Nothing, nothing, and nothing. But sometimes... it could do nothing. 

This is silly. No one is being disrespected by this mod. There is no specific sex it's geared towards. Bioxx and I are making the mod we want to make. Any statistical bias in the sex of the players who enjoy it is mere coincidence. In my opinion the character model is quite unisex. It has no identifiable sex organs of any kind. Anything more or less than treating the sexes as equal is disrespecting one or the other. We choose to make a mod that is blind to the sex of it's players, and I see no reason to change that.

I only gave animals sexes to make breeding more logical and interesting. The differences between the sexes in the animals is nothing but facts for gameplay purposes. Seeing as players can't reproduce and there are no roles or abilities that one sex has and that the other does not, there is no reason to implement such a feature for players.

As far as games go, Minecraft is probably as good as it gets with regards to political correctness, with complete gender-neutrality and absence of gore. Thus, I do believe the original poster's request to be unjustified.

On the other hand, the overreaction in some of the responses is an attenuated manifestation of a thoroughly demonstrated phenomenon, namely, that the comments on topics and articles dealing with feminism usually justify the existence of feminism. If you ask me, this is one topic that'd be better off closed and deleted.

Agreed, kitty can you close this

Heck, mincraft changed the character hurt sound because they deemed it too 'male'

...I only gave animals sexes to make breeding more logical and interesting. The differences between the sexes in the animals is nothing but facts for gameplay purposes. Seeing as players can't reproduce and there are no roles or abilities that one sex has and that the other does not, there is no reason to implement such a feature for players.

--

What about if players can reproduce and have babies just like Minecraft Comes Alive?

--

What about if players can reproduce and have babies just like Minecraft Comes Alive?

That would require the addition of NPCs, which has already been stated will not be added.

This thread is now locked.