Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Seraph702

Server Crashes are a Constant annoyance.

10 posts in this topic

Latest:

http://pastebin.com/zJzQ4ggF

some that are similar:

http://pastebin.com/0gHfhHKA

http://pastebin.com/bYLwaNzu

its getting annoying but I love the mod so much that  anything is worth dealing with the issues.

I tried researching the jvm.dll part but cannot find a definitive answer to the problem. So I am hope someone here can help squash it.

I will be online all day  so let me know what you need to diagnose this issue.

Welcome to the Forums!

All three of these reports are java crashing, not Minecraft. Are there any minecraft-related reports in the crash-report folder of your server installation?

Found the problem:

• jvm_args: -Xms4G -Xmx16G

Why in the world are you allocating 16GB of memory to minecraft? Java uses all the memory you allocate it whether it needs it or not, so if you allocate 16GB, and your system only has 16GB, it won't have any memory for anything else.

TFC needs 1GB to run smoothly at a minimum for single player worlds, and at max 8GB for a server hosting like 20 people that are all on at the same time.

That's still a java crash report, not a minecraft one. And it it still says you are allocating 16GB of memory. You need to change it so you aren't allocating that much.

Do you understand how to edit your jvm arguments?

hmm okay, I will drop it to 8GB, the reason i thought it was server issue is because it happens randomly like when my buddy chops down sequoia or walks into a sequoia Forrest. Also it crashes when it rains, or if we get to far apart. I have given cpu priority to the server, but it never seems to max out, It seems like the server mem usage spikes then it crashes.

Like the last crash above, i haven't had a legit crash since last night after I allocated more memory it was the:

Ticking entity java.lang.NullPointerException

and:

Exception in server tick loop java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/CallableLvl1

do you have any advice for diagnosing the jvm.dll issue

Have you read the official bug list pinned at the top of this forum?

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4662-read-before-posting-7722-official-bug-list/

The CallableLvl1 crash is a known issue with Sequioa trees and has been fixed for when B78 releases.  Until then, you need to stay away from sequoia trees.

As for the NullPointerException, I'll need the full minecraft crash report in order to diagnose that. You keep linking java crash reports which are of no help.

I don't know what jvm.dll issue you are referring to. JVM is what is used to input the arguments such as memory allocation and the like. It is likely that the issue you are having with it is because you were allocating too much memory.

Details:        Entity Type: Skeleton (TFC.Entities.Mobs.EntitySkeletonTFC)        Entity ID: 40425        Entity Name: Skeleton        Entity's Exact location: 1215.50, 67.00, -11534.50

If it hasn't despawned already, it would be helpful if you can go check if that skeleton is regular or a javelin skeleton. The crash happened because he was watching a player that doesn't exist.

ok well thanks for all the help. I havent had the  NullPointerException since the other night. I guess I will give Oracle the bug reports. I keep getting java crashes and even tried having my buddy set up a server with the same intermittent crashes.

Thanks for all the help kind sir!!!