Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kittychanley

[TFC 0.79.23+] Inventory Tweaks - Config Compatibility

38 posts in this topic

It had come to my attention that Inventory Tweaks was not working properly with TFC. After chatting with the developer of inventory tweaks, we have come up with a solution.

Inventory Tweaks Website: http://inventory-tweaks.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

You need to download the InvTweaksCompatibility.xml file I have attached to this post and put it in your config folder.

That's it! If you come across any issues, please let me know. :)

InvTweaksCompatibility.xml

The above xml compatibility file can be included in any modpack. You do not need to ask for permission. If required to show proof of permission for using the above file, simply link this post.

Because of the added crafting and quiver slots, there are some known issues regarding the use of sorting the inventory actually on a player (The one you access by pressing your Inventory key, Default: E) when using any version after and including 0.78.0

For more information on how to edit your config files to account for these issues, please see my below post:

I've done a bit of messing around with the InvTweaksRules.txt config file to help you understand the current issue with sorting the actual player inventory. This still won't fix the auto-refill of items going to the wrong slot, but it is at least a solution for actually pressing the button to sort. It should also be noted that there is no reason to turn on "Repair-friendly Refill" since the majority of TFC items and tools cannot be repaired by crafting them together.

So, when you first load the config file, you'll see a diagram mapping the different slots that looks like this:

While playing TFC 0.78.+, the actual mapping of the slots is this:

[XX] represents slots that cannot have any rules assigned to them, and therefore any items in those slots will not be affected by inventory sorting. This means items won't be taken out of those slots, and items will not be put in those slots, no matter what you do. 

It is important to note that slots D4 - D8 are the extra slots in the 3x3 crafting grid that are unlocked upon creation of a crafting table. While this can be handy to use for quick adding of items to the grid on inventory sort (like putting a knife in D7 and food in D8 for quick removal of decay), it is STRONGLY recommended that these slots are set to LOCKED to account for the fact that these slots are not accessible when the player only has a 2x2 crafting grid available. While these slots are greyed out, the actual location of the slot is extremely far off screen as a "dummy slot."

For Example: If the config file has been set to "D4 stick" and the player has crafted a crafting table, unlocking the entire 3x3 grid, pressing the sort button will put any sticks in the inventory into the bottom left corner of the crafting grid. However, if the player has not crafted a crafting table, or has died and has not yet crafted a new one, they have no way to access any items located in D4. If they press the sort button the sticks which would normally go to that slot in the first scenario would seem to disappear from the player's inventory. The only way to get back these "removed" items is to make a crafting table and sort the inventory again, or to change the config file so that the specific item sorts into a different, accessible slot.

You will also notice that D9 is missing. This is because the location of D9 is actually the quiver slot located on the player, which will only accept quivers. Because of this, D9 should always be set to LOCKED, unless you have added the quiver to the rule tree, or know the ID number of the quiver on your save. If any other item is assigned to this slot, it will simply sort into the first available open slot starting with A1.

For me personally, one of the biggest features of the sort that I like to use is the locking of the items in the hotbar, while sorting the rest of the inventory using the default settings. Prior to 78, this was simply done by using the setting D LOCKED. In order for this to work in 78.+, as well as using the aforementioned recommended settings for slots D4-D9, the settings should be set to

This way the items in the hotbar will be locked into position while sorting, and there is no worry of there being any issues with the quiver slot, or the extra crafting grid slots. The only slots that will be affected when pressing the sort button is the last 3 of the top row, and the entirety of the middle and bottom row of the standard inventory.

One final thing to keep in mind is that the drawing of rectangles while setting rules will still select slots as if they are in the original, vanilla configuration. This means that a rule of B1-C4 will apply to these slots since they are the new locations of the slots contained in the rectangle drawn using the old layout:

While your favorite configuration might have to be altered slightly to account for the fact that the first 6 slots of the top row have to be sorted manually, I hope that this information will help at least somewhat to getting back to what you are used to when using Inventory Tweaks.

# INVENTORY GRID#     1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9# A [A1][A2][A3][A4][A5][A6][A7][A8][A9]# B [B1][B2][B3][B4][B5][B6][B7][B8][B9]# C [C1][C2][C3][C4][C5][C6][C7][C8][C9]## D [D1][D2][D3][D4][D5][D6][D7][D8][D9]
# INVENTORY SLOTS#   4   5   6   7   8   9   1   2   3# [XX][XX][XX][XX][XX][XX][A1][A2][A3]# [A4][A5][A6][A7][A8][A9][B1][B2][B3]# [B4][B2][B6][B7][B8][B9][C1][C2][C3]## [C4][C5][C6][C7][C8][C9][D1][D2][D3]# 3x3 CRAFTING GRID# [XX][XX][D6]# [XX][XX][D7]# [D4][D5][D8]
C4-C9 LOCKEDD LOCKED
# INVENTORY SLOTS#   4   5   6   7   8   9   1   2   3# [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]# [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][XX][XX][XX]# [XX][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][XX][XX][XX]## [XX][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]

Edited by Kittychanley
Fixed sorting modes not working in chests.

You are awesome and I now love you for this. <3

What does this acutally fix? I've got a problem in which my tools get arranged into the middle of my inventory and pottery always gets priorty on hotbar, this due to weight changes? in that you can only hold so much of a type of item, so that all the inventory got changed and the hotbar isnt recongnised as a hotbar? or some suchWhen arranging inventory with a chest open it does what its supposed to do with arranging a players inventory, its just when you have your inventory open with no chest it takes tools and most items off the hotbar

Sweet! It works! I get the buttons on the chests now.

What does this acutally fix? I've got a problem in which my tools get arranged into the middle of my inventory and pottery always gets priorty on hotbar, this due to weight changes? in that you can only hold so much of a type of item, so that all the inventory got changed and the hotbar isnt recongnised as a hotbar? or some suchWhen arranging inventory with a chest open it does what its supposed to do with arranging a players inventory, its just when you have your inventory open with no chest it takes tools and most items off the hotbar

This fix was written for 77.22, and was meant to fix TFC's containers such as chests being unsortable.

The reason your inventory sort is screwy when you're just looking at your inventory and not in another container is because of the way that TFC has overhauled the players inventory in 78+, including the extra armor slot as well as the crafting grid slots that disable/enable themselves depending on if the player has made a crafting table.

Version 0.78.17

List of all item IDs: http://pastebin.com/miU4mxDs (Tools are at the bottom)

Bug

D1 (toolbar first slot) is actually D7, any way to fix this? The rest of the inventory is also messed up because of this. The indexes are wrong (because of the crafting grid?)

Yeah, the indexes are off due to the crafting grid slots and the quiver slot. There isn't much that can be done now, since we've moved forward to working on 79 and won't be releasing anymore 78 hotfixes unless there is something major that needs fixing. It's just much easier for us to make the fixes to 79 and keep moving forward, instead of trying to fix them on 78 and port forward, or fix on 79 and try and port backwards.

I will make a note to look into this later on the 79 branch, since we were thinking about adding some of the Inventory Tweaks API into the mod for easier compatibility anyways.

But as long as I don't try to auto-sort my inventory, it should work fine, right? Inventory sort is usually the first thing I disable in Inventory Tweaks anyway, I have my own sense of orderliness and can't stand a mod messing with it :P I mainly want it to be able to sort chests, and for the item moving improvements (move all of a type at once etc.)

On that note, how's compatibility with NEI looking nowadays? I really, really, really miss the ability to transfer items with the mousewheel whenever I am forced to play without NEI. If I could just have that function and play without crashes, even if the item list was completely broken and there was no recipe guide support, I would be perfectly happy :)

As long as you don't use player inventory auto-sort you're fine.

The NEI crash was fixed a long time ago and has been working just fine with TFC for a while now.

I've done a bit of messing around with the InvTweaksRules.txt config file to help you understand the current issue with sorting the actual player inventory. This still won't fix the auto-refill of items going to the wrong slot, but it is at least a solution for actually pressing the button to sort. It should also be noted that there is no reason to turn on "Repair-friendly Refill" since the majority of TFC items and tools cannot be repaired by crafting them together.

So, when you first load the config file, you'll see a diagram mapping the different slots that looks like this:

# INVENTORY GRID#     1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9# A [A1][A2][A3][A4][A5][A6][A7][A8][A9]# B [B1][B2][B3][B4][B5][B6][B7][B8][B9]# C [C1][C2][C3][C4][C5][C6][C7][C8][C9]#  # D [D1][D2][D3][D4][D5][D6][D7][D8][D9]

While playing TFC 0.78.+, the actual mapping of the slots is this:

# INVENTORY SLOTS#   4   5   6   7   8   9   1   2   3# [XX][XX][XX][XX][XX][XX][A1][A2][A3]# [A4][A5][A6][A7][A8][A9][B1][B2][B3]# [B4][B2][B6][B7][B8][B9][C1][C2][C3]#  # [C4][C5][C6][C7][C8][C9][D1][D2][D3]# 3x3 CRAFTING GRID# [XX][XX][D6]# [XX][XX][D7]# [D4][D5][D8]

[XX] represents slots that cannot have any rules assigned to them, and therefore any items in those slots will not be affected by inventory sorting. This means items won't be taken out of those slots, and items will not be put in those slots, no matter what you do. 

It is important to note that slots D4 - D8 are the extra slots in the 3x3 crafting grid that are unlocked upon creation of a crafting table. While this can be handy to use for quick adding of items to the grid on inventory sort (like putting a knife in D7 and food in D8 for quick removal of decay), it is STRONGLY recommended that these slots are set to LOCKED to account for the fact that these slots are not accessible when the player only has a 2x2 crafting grid available. While these slots are greyed out, the actual location of the slot is extremely far off screen as a "dummy slot."

For Example: If the config file has been set to "D4 stick" and the player has crafted a crafting table, unlocking the entire 3x3 grid, pressing the sort button will put any sticks in the inventory into the bottom left corner of the crafting grid. However, if the player has not crafted a crafting table, or has died and has not yet crafted a new one, they have no way to access any items located in D4. If they press the sort button the sticks which would normally go to that slot in the first scenario would seem to disappear from the player's inventory. The only way to get back these "removed" items is to make a crafting table and sort the inventory again, or to change the config file so that the specific item sorts into a different, accessible slot.

You will also notice that D9 is missing. This is because the location of D9 is actually the quiver slot located on the player, which will only accept quivers. Because of this, D9 should always be set to LOCKED, unless you have added the quiver to the rule tree, or know the ID number of the quiver on your save. If any other item is assigned to this slot, it will simply sort into the first available open slot starting with A1.

For me personally, one of the biggest features of the sort that I like to use is the locking of the items in the hotbar, while sorting the rest of the inventory using the default settings. Prior to 78, this was simply done by using the setting D LOCKED. In order for this to work in 78.+, as well as using the aforementioned recommended settings for slots D4-D9, the settings should be set to

C4-C9 LOCKEDD LOCKED

This way the items in the hotbar will be locked into position while sorting, and there is no worry of there being any issues with the quiver slot, or the extra crafting grid slots. The only slots that will be affected when pressing the sort button is the last 3 of the top row, and the entirety of the middle and bottom row of the standard inventory.

One final thing to keep in mind is that the drawing of rectangles while setting rules will still select slots as if they are in the original, vanilla configuration. This means that a rule of B1-C4 will apply to these slots since they are the new locations of the slots contained in the rectangle drawn using the old layout:

# INVENTORY SLOTS#   4   5   6   7   8   9   1   2   3# [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]# [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][XX][XX][XX]# [XX][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][XX][XX][XX]#  # [XX][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]

While your favorite configuration might have to be altered slightly to account for the fact that the first 6 slots of the top row have to be sorted manually, I hope that this information will help at least somewhat to getting back to what you are used to when using Inventory Tweaks.

I don't mind it not working with the player inv, I just turn all that stuff off.  Chest organising on the other hand is essential.

Thanks!

I usually make sure to install first thing, but I was doing fine without this, until I had to make a big move. 

Haven't tested yet. You'll have to try for yourself.

Version 79.8 all terrafirmacraft chests seem to be unrecognised by inventory tweaks, I am looking in the config to see if you can add them somehow but nothing so far to imply it can happen.  Character Inventory sorting is still buggy but this is expected.

Updated the file to be compatible with 0.79.0 and later versions of TFC. The location of some of the class files changed, so the paths had to be updated in the file.

As of 79.10 chests are recognized (they have the [...] button in the top right) but not sorting modes buttons, dunno how to enable them.

As of 79.10 chests are recognized (they have the [...] button in the top right) but not sorting modes buttons, dunno how to enable them.

I missed a few things updating the file apparently. Unfortunately in fixing what I missed, I noticed a few weird bugs with chests that I've contacted the InvTweaks dev about. For now, an updated file has been put in the OP, and you will be able to access the different sort modes in a chest by repeatedly pressing the sort key, but all four (normal + 3 modes) buttons will be missing on the chest UI.

I missed a few things updating the file apparently. Unfortunately in fixing what I missed, I noticed a few weird bugs with chests that I've contacted the InvTweaks dev about. For now, an updated file has been put in the OP, and you will be able to access the different sort modes in a chest by repeatedly pressing the sort key, but all four (normal + 3 modes) buttons will be missing on the chest UI.

any news on when it will be updated?

any news on when it will be updated?

I haven't heard back from Kobata just yet. I've sent him another message asking for an update.

Remember that for now, the file in the OP will work and you can use the different modes in chests. The only bug is that the buttons are not showing up in the upper right corner.

im still having an issue with auto sorting with R. things get sorted with spaces all around.

and tools not being replace correctly, they always end up in wierd slots, never the one i was using

edit: i vaguely remember being able to sort by item id, alphabetical, and a category type system

im still having an issue with auto sorting with R. things get sorted with spaces all around.

and tools not being replace correctly, they always end up in wierd slots, never the one i was using

Oh, that's something completely different from what I was talking about. The information you are looking for is in the spoiler of the OP.

Oh, that's something completely different from what I was talking about. The information you are looking for is in the spoiler of the OP.

i tried the default configs for xml you have posted, but gives the same results. just slightly diff wierd locations for the items