Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MentalHockey

Compiling Forge 965

19 posts in this topic

TerraFirmaCraft 0.78.1 is built on Forge 965 which will always fail to build for a new download, because Mojang made a change to the server files for 1.6.4 without bumping the version. The Forge setup files check for the (now unavailable) original minecraft_server.1.6.4.jar, which has a different hash than the current version. So when you go to setup your modding environment for the first time you get the following error.

Download of minecraft_server.1.6.4.jar failed hash check, deleting abcf286a14f7a

ee82e8bf89270433509 ba3145656b1480122bd8759cecd7b7a1
Something failed verifying minecraft files, see log for details.
Decompile Exception: 1 

Press any key to continue . . .

Forge mod maintainers will be various kinds of helpful.

Use the gradle dev setup.

Do not mod for 1.6.4 as it's old and outdated, you'll receive no support for it here. --LexManos
Use build .964. --diesieben07

So here's how to actually fix it, so that Forge 965 will build.

After extracting forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-src.zip to a folder, open forgefmlmc_versions.cfg in your editor of choice and scroll down to the [1.6.4] section all the way at the end. The offending section is line 127, which reads

server_md5 = ba3145656b1480122bd8759cecd7b7a1

And it should be

server_md5 = abcf286a14f7aee82e8bf89270433509

Make that change, save it, and then run forgeinstall.cmd

Now you can actually get started contributing to TFC or building/re-building your own addon mods.

There is also the "forgefmlconfmcp.cfg" line 42 that needs changing.

I joined these forums specifically so that I could say thank you for posting this.  I've been looking for a fix for for the last few day... the Forge forums were basically useless....  Thank you so much!

Thanks so much man :) I think this is the only fix for this problem on the internet right now.

...sorry guys but even though making these changes allowed me to finish installing forge, when I opened eclipse the client and server files have a big red exclamation mark and 22 error messages at the bottom. I put the forge folder in with the other folders from mcp811. What have I done wrong? Really keen to start modding.

EDIT:

Nevermind about the below.  I finally got past that problem by changing my working directory in eclipse.  I'd still like to know if there are any good tutorials for getting started on modding with forge this way instead of with gradle though.  But at least I'm making some progress lol...

...sorry guys but even though making these changes allowed me to finish installing forge, when I opened eclipse the client and server files have a big red exclamation mark and 22 error messages at the bottom. I put the forge folder in with the other folders from mcp811. What have I done wrong? Really keen to start modding.

sorry. false alarm. the problem was my brain.

Can you tell me what the problem with your brain was? lol cause apparently I'm having the same problem.  I'm a complete noob when it comes to modding, but not a complete noob at programming in general.  I just haven't done much work in Java.  I'm having the same problem though, after completing the forge install, I went and created a project and pointed it to the eclipse folder (tried the one under both fml and under mcp, not sure which I'm supposed to use), but both give the same result being 21 errors complaining about a lot of missing required libraries.

Is there a good step by step guide for configuring this version of forge anywhere?  All the ones on forge's site talks about doing it with gradle now.

Thanks for any help!

Hi guys, thanks for the hashes fix, got me a lot closer to actually working on my mod!!

I'm trying to understand what is meant on the download page for the TFC Dev API:

This should be linked into your eclipse project (BUT NOT BUILD PATH).

I'm not really an eclipse user so I don't understand what this means. I've tried a number of ways, but I always end up with the API on the damn build path and then the game crashes trying to run the incorrect files with broken imports (can post if wanted).

I just create an account for say THANKS YOU !

You very help me !!

:3

PS: I'm french, sorry for my english :b.

Okay- I had the same problem as everyone else reading this. Here's what I had to to after messing with files for around for 3 hours to FINALLY get it to work:

--NOTE: This is all with a fresh unzip of the recommended forge source. Forge automatically installs MCP, you don't need to do it first.--

Go to the main forge and navigate to forgefml then to forgefmlconf and open mcp.cfg (this can be done with Windows Notepad or any other text editor.) Find where it says

and change it to 

(Can be done using the replace tool if you want)

Next, navigate to forgefml and open mc_versions.cfg (Again, you can use Windows Notepad or another text editor to do this)

Just like before, change 

to 

where it savs 

"[1.6.4]
client_md5 = 2e5044f5359e82245551167a237f3167
server_md5 = ba3145656b1480122bd8759cecd7b7a1
mcp_ver    = 8.11
mcp_md5    = 2d7a759309b5cc10ca29caa0b10f3bfc"
(This is at the very end of the file's text.)

Finally, navigate to forgemcpconf and open the mcp.cfg file using a text editor such as Windows Notepad. Find where it says

and change it to 

Lastly, go back to forge and run  the install.cmd or install.sh

Hopefully this helps and you don't have to spend 3 hours messing around with it like I did!

I have the same problem here as condo, i do not know where to place the TFC Dev API

When i open eclipse i have all the minecraft files, the forge mod files but not the tfc classes and packages to edit. i guess that means that i havent placed that file to the right place yet. i tried different locations but without success. Could someone tell me where to put it please? Thx

I have the same problem here as condo, i do not know where to place the TFC Dev API

When i open eclipse i have all the minecraft files, the forge mod files but not the tfc classes and packages to edit. i guess that means that i havent placed that file to the right place yet. i tried different locations but without success. Could someone tell me where to put it please? Thx

It doesn't matter where you put it. Eclipse isn't smart enough to magically find files that are just sitting in a folder, they have to actually be linked as part of the package. You need to right click on the Minecraft folder, then build path, and link source to the TFC files. However, when it comes time to compile if you are making an addon, you need to make sure to remove all TFC source files from the package, so they are not included in the file that you release for download.

Thx Kittychanley for the help. The files are now in eclipse, though they showed tons of errors mainly due to being in the wrong packages or something like that. For most of the bugs eclipse knew the solution :D , creating those packages. Now some errors are left, several of them requesting a "core" class.

Browsing through the new files i also think that several other important files are still missing. for example if i open the tfc jar, i will also find several classes dealing with food items, which i am interested in. so i think that i missed some point and should somehow get eclipse to list the classes inside the jar file as well. I just hope that my very basic java skills from 4 years ago are still sufficient to make the minor tweaks i would like to try out :D...

I also created an account JUST to say thank you! Why they won't help people out with 1.6.4 even though Feed The Beast is still all 1.6.4 is beyond me. Old thread I know...

Help! When I run the install.cmd I get the following error:
FATAL ERROR
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:UsersYannickDesktopMod ProgrammingHyperspacemcpruntimedecompile.py", line 136, in decompile
  keep_lvt=keep_lvt, keep_generics=keep_generics, force_rg=force_rg)
  File "C:UsersYannickDesktopMod ProgrammingHyperspacemcpruntimemcp.py", line 34, in decompile_side
  commands.applyss(side, keep_lvt=keep_lvt, keep_generics=keep_generics)
  File "C:UsersYannickDesktopMod ProgrammingHyperspacefmlfml.py", line 957, in applyss_shunt
  transformers_hook(self, side)
  File "C:UsersYannickDesktopMod ProgrammingHyperspacefmlfml.py", line 1015, in transformers_hook
  apply_ats(fml_dir, mcp_dir, class_path, jars[side], disable_at=disable_at, commands=self)
  File "C:UsersYannickDesktopMod ProgrammingHyperspacefmlfml.py", line 1337, in apply_ats
  if not runcmd(forkcmd, echo=False, commands=commands):
  File "C:UsersYannickDesktopMod ProgrammingHyperspacefmlfml.py", line 387, in runcmd
  process = subprocess.Popen(forklist, stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.STDOUT, bufsize=-1)
  File "subprocess.pyc", line 679, in _init_
  File "subprocess.pyc", line 896, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 193] %1 is no valid Win32-Application

I've done all the hash fixes and some packages are still missing. What should I do?

Thanks in Advance!

Help! When I run the install.cmd I get the following error:

FATAL ERROR

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:UsersYannickDesktopMod ProgrammingHyperspacemcpruntimedecompile.py", line 136, in decompile

keep_lvt=keep_lvt, keep_generics=keep_generics, force_rg=force_rg)

File "C:UsersYannickDesktopMod ProgrammingHyperspacemcpruntimemcp.py", line 34, in decompile_side

commands.applyss(side, keep_lvt=keep_lvt, keep_generics=keep_generics)

File "C:UsersYannickDesktopMod ProgrammingHyperspacefmlfml.py", line 957, in applyss_shunt

transformers_hook(self, side)

File "C:UsersYannickDesktopMod ProgrammingHyperspacefmlfml.py", line 1015, in transformers_hook

apply_ats(fml_dir, mcp_dir, class_path, jars[side], disable_at=disable_at, commands=self)

File "C:UsersYannickDesktopMod ProgrammingHyperspacefmlfml.py", line 1337, in apply_ats

if not runcmd(forkcmd, echo=False, commands=commands):

File "C:UsersYannickDesktopMod ProgrammingHyperspacefmlfml.py", line 387, in runcmd

process = subprocess.Popen(forklist, stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.STDOUT, bufsize=-1)

File "subprocess.pyc", line 679, in _init_

File "subprocess.pyc", line 896, in _execute_child

WindowsError: [Error 193] %1 is no valid Win32-Application

I've done all the hash fixes and some packages are still missing. What should I do?

Thanks in Advance!

Unless you're planning on making an addon for an outdated version of TFC, there's no reason to follow this guide anymore.

It would still be nice to know because I get this error with every version I try. This is so annoying!

It would still be nice to know because I get this error with every version I try. This is so annoying!

Sorry, I should have been more clear. None of this tutorial at all is accurate, because Forge switched to using gradle in 1.7.10. You shouldn't be editing any files, and you shouldn't be running any sort of file called "install.cmd"

Go look up a tutorial on how to use gradle for forge. You are going to get errors whenever you do anything listed in this tutorial with the new versions, because so much has changed.

Hey. I got it all fixed. I just had to do it on a different computer. Thanks for your time Kittychanley!