Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
PieisJesus

2 more bugs

11 posts in this topic

Suggested Name: Grey dirt?

Suggested Category: Annoying

Description: I have a block of grey dirt from a small patch in the ground, when I hover my cursor over it, my game crashes

Letting us know the game crashes is useless without the crash report. You can either post it here between spoiler tags

[spoiler]crash report[/spoiler]

or upload a copy to pastebin.com and give us the link.

Oops, sorry about that, here you go. I left all the information.

Pastebin.com/aH8yBEFN

And I also forgot the second bug because that's just how good I am

What kind of stone was the top layer of the area where you got the dirt? Do you possibly remember if you got the dirt block from breaking grass, dirt or dry grass? If updating to 78.3 doesn't fix it, you'll need to use an NBT editor to remove the item from your player.dat file, or just delete your player.dat file entirely if you don't mind losing everything in your inventory and your skills if you want to stay on that map.

It was chert, and the block of dirt came from around three blocks under grass, I was digging a hidey hole, but I managed to manoeuvre it out by clicking another item, then switching items with the dirt, then throwing it out of my inventory. So it's fine until other players, or maybe me again finds it

I just encountered this bug myself. Was introduced in commit 0db38cad 4/7/2014 and 8205a11 4/8/2014 for "dirt now uses stone name in the texture". Offending code is in ItemDirt.java and ItemSand.java. Any dirt or sand blocks with damage higher than 20 will crash the game. I'm looking for how dirt can get a bad damage in the hopes of writing a decent patch to submit but I'm not super familiar with worldgen code yet.

There are actually only 21 types of dirt, hence the array index out of bounds for anything over 20. What needs to be fixed is whatever is generating these rogue dirt that shouldn't exist anyways.

The only dirt that should ever appear in game is 2084:0 - 15 and 2085:0 - 4

If all else fails, I can code the tooltip to have a label of "bad dirt" or something when the damage value doesn't fit within those params.

Sounds good enough, it really sucks having to restart minecraft everytime I accidentally move my cursor over dirt

2nd bug

Suggested Name: Random Crash due to exception in world tick

Suggested category: Annoying

Description: random crashes

Pastebin.com/SnPCsxfC

I've added a red "Unknown" tag to buggy dirt for 78.4, but since Bioxx has gone to sleep, you will have to wait until he releases the next update for the fix.

For the 2nd bug, did you happen to alt+tab away from Minecraft with one of the inventory tabs open other than the crafting one?

No, i was cooking stuff in a pit kiln and it just crashed, I didn't leave it.