Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Tathar

SMP Meal Bugs

7 posts in this topic

Hotfix #: 78.5

Suggested Name: SMP Meal Ghost Items

Suggested Category: Annoying

Description: When removing items from a meal interface in SMP, the items also remain in the slots as ghost items.  

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report: N/A

Hotfix #:78.5

Suggested Name: Meal Interface Throws Ingredients

Suggested Category: Annoying

Description: On SMP, when picking up items to place in the meal interface, the items frequently get thrown instead of picked up.  I was able to reproduce this in SSP prior to 78.5, but I haven't tested since.

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Suggested Name: SMP Meal Bowls Desync

Suggested Category: Minor

Description: Frequently, the bowls in the meal interface lose their quantity information on SMP.  You can still make meals.

Suggested Name: Grains In Meals

Suggested Category: Minor

Description: Grain items can be added to meals, but they give no nutritional effect.  Tested in SMP with Cooked Poultry, Garlic, Carrot, Oat Grain.

SMP Meal Ghost items should have been fixed with the upgrade 78.5, and we were unable to reproduce it.

Also unable to reproduce the meal interface throwing items.

Bowls Desync has been fixed for 78.6

Grains in meals are actually correct behavior, because they still have the "usable" flag, just not the "edible" flag. I'll update the wiki to reflect this. Bioxx is still undecided on changing this behavior or not.

This is a different ghost items bug than the one from 78.4.  It's easily reproducible on my end, and I can provide video if desired.  

The meal interface throwing items bug might actually be related to how my mouse double-clicks sometimes when I try to single-click.  I can't be certain that it's the cause though, since the bug happens much more often than I'd expect my mouse to unintentionally double-click.  If you double-click really fast, does the bug reproduce?

I'll test the desync bugfix soon on 78.6.  I'm in the middle of moving my base, so it may be another day or two before I'm able to confirm the fix.  

Grains being useful only in meals might actually be a good mechanic, but the bug would be that they give no nutritional effect, not that it's possible to add them.

EDIT:

I can confirm that the ghost items bug remains in 78.6 SMP, but only sometimes occurs.  I was able to reproduce by filling in all the slots and then removing them one by one without shift-click.  The top meal ingredient  (a tomato) left a ghost item, but the others did not.  

I'm wildly guessing at this point, but I believe that the throwing items bug happens for certain food items only.  Tomatoes and plums frequently get thrown, while some other food items appear unaffected.  

Desync bugfix is confirmed fixed for 78.6.

EDIT 2: Bowls are especially slippery.  I've had 20 in a row pop out while trying to put them into a meal table, using multiple methods.  

Nevermind - further testing broke the workaround =(

Those ghost items still appear in 78.9. In addition the food system has a critical error in SMP:

Suggested Name: SMP no cooking skill
Suggested Category: Critical

Description: When creating meals in multiplayer, the cooking skill is not applied. Therefore all meals are "terrible" (0%), no matter the food combination or the skill. Which as well means that no saturation is applied ever, forcing players to eat much more food than intended. Tested with a food skill of 150+ with over 24 different ingrediences: all created foods have always been at 0% for all players.

Furthermore the problem of players logging in and food decay: on a server where people frequently log in and out, food decays extremely fast. The only way to make sure you still have food when logging back in is to store in on your character, but then still if you log in too early, all food might be lost. Effectively actually gathering more food than you plan to eat within the next hour is wasted food. Killing an animal means you take on piece of meat and throw the rest away, because it will be decayed anyway as soon as you log back in the next day.

The skill of the player actually isn't accounted for until a non-terrible meal is found. Either the combination will give terrible (0%) or a non-terrible meal that has a saturation percent dependent on the player's skill. Because of this, until you find a good combination, everything will be 0%, but when you do find a good one, because your skill is so high from all the previous bad ones, you'll get a really good meal (10%+)

I can confirm that non-terrible meals are actually possible, since I've made a handful of test worlds for testing meal preparation bugs, and often gotten non-terrible meals on the first or second try using ingredients I cheated in through creative.

As for the problem of players logging in and food decay, I suggest you contact your server admin about decreasing the FDP value in the config so that you don't have to wait as long to log back in.

Thanks for the response.

We tried countless ingrediences and combinations in two different worlds, no one ever made anything which was not terrible. So either we got really bad luck, or there is still a bug hidden somewhere.

On the food decay: we were living on the first world at avg bio temp of 30°, second world was 6° and it definitely makes a huge difference. In the second world decay doesn't really happen so MP login in and out is not an issue at all, while in the 1st we had the issues as above. I will lower the FDP value as suggested, but I still think the decay system needs some tweaks for MP.