Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
SlyeBlue

Pheasant not Rendering

11 posts in this topic

I'm running build 78.7, proper MC, proper Forge. Pheasants do not render in my game, the shape is there, they move about as normal, but it's just a flat, sky-colored shape. Causes an incredible amount of lag, and if I don't turn away fast enough, the game will become unresponsive and shut down, no crash report, no errors.First noticed it in 78.4, and it's been doing it since. Multiple config deletions have produced no new results. All other non-vanilla mobs work perfectly fine, deer, bears, etc.

Could you post a screenshot of the issue please? Also, do you have any other mods installed, such as optifine?

Yes I have Optifine C8 Ultra for 1.6.4, however I just recently installed this during the switch from 78.6 to 78.7 to help with lag. The problem has existed before Optifine was ever installed.Thanks for the help with the screenshot. 

Does this happen with all of the mobs? Or just pheasants? Is there anything else installed other than forge and TFC? What version of forge are you using? What version of java are you using? Are your graphics card drivers up to date?

Pheasants are the only mobs this happens with. All vanilla mobs are fine, vanilla mobs with altered textures like sheep are fine, and all tfc mobs are fine.Nothing but Forge and TFC on this install. I have multiple modded versions of MC but they are all separated.Forge 9.11.1.965Java 1.7.0_55Drivers are up to date as far as I'm aware of, it's an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600. It's an old card.

At this point I really don't care if I have pheasants in my game or not, I just want to be able to play TFC. Is there a way to disable pheasant spawning?

Is this still happening for you in 78.11?

It's extremely weird that it's only happening for pheasants, and not for bears or deer which use the same custom models. There has also been no other reports of this issue, so we can only assume that the problem is with your machine, and not the mod.

Yes, the issue has persisted through all subsequent version changes. I can confirm that deer and bears continue to work, I've encountered both in 78.11.I'm 99% sure the problem is with my machine. It has this wonderful feature where every time I enjoy something it picks one necessary part to fail catastrophically. (Machine interfaces in Thermal Expansion cause so much lag the game freezes, rendering Tekkit or any other modpack containing TE unplayable, for example.)Do you know any information about pheasants such as spawn requirements so I can find an area to settle where they won't be a problem?

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure they spawn everywhere.

Alright, I guess I'll just have to postpone my Terrafirmacrafting until I build a tower. Thank you for your time and help.

I thought this may be worth mentioning;I did a complete formatting and clean OS installation on my laptop. It needed it regardless, but I had also hoped it might solve my issue with the pheasants. It did not.Therefore it must be a problem with the actual machine itself, or just the graphics card. I mention this in case anyone else with my setup (HP Compaq nx9420 + ATI Mobility Radeon x1600) comes to the forums with problems. To save yourself time, you may just want to tell them there is no way to make it work. They will have to change their hardware if they wish to play TFC.