Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Axier

SOLVED[78.10] Unable to make forge (or; How to read instructions completely)

10 posts in this topic

Version #: 78.10

Suggested Name: Forge Cannot be Created

Suggested Category: Sever (Maybe? Found a workaround)

Description: Cannot create a forge, with charcoal or coal, in any basic configuration. Tested on multiplayer and single player.

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report: No crash

Forge can still be made with block of coal.

Also, previous semi-rage fueled angsty haste post has been edited for proper format. Making new post for separate bug like I should have.

Also, if you chisel any of the blocks on the sides you can't even light the block of coal.  the firestarter doesn't even take damage.

I found also a bug (i guess it is not a feature) concerning forges in the rain. A simple forge with only air above it will be accessible in the rain. if you build a chimney that goes straight up from the center of the forge but block all the other ways (forge block, next layer free, second layer above filled in a 2 block radius with a hole in the middle for example) the forge gets inaccessible. when the rain ends, the forge gets accessible again.

No, that is a feature. Fire is put out in rain. To avoid this problem, make a bend in the chimney, right above the forge, up to two squares to one side. So long as there is still access to the sky following that "bend", your forge will still function but won't be open to the rain.

That is true Axier. Though my point is the forge turns inaccessible. Anything in it cannot be taken out until the rain stops. And secondly if you do not build a chimney at all, as i mentioned, then the forge can be accessed even in the rain. Only building a chimney that has no turn in it makes the forge unaccessible in the rain.

I see... Inaccessible as in literally incapable of working with it. That is quite an annoyance. 

I'm unable to reproduce this. I opened up a new test world, found a boulder, broke a single block and tried both a charcoal block and a vanilla coal block as well as flint and steel or firestarters. All combinations of them created a forge block. The forge didn't light properly and immediately went out, but it did turn into a forge that could be filled with fuel and relighted.

It also failed for everyone on the private server i was on, and I have tried two new worlds, I can only get a forge block to work with a coal block, and not coal or charcoal... I'm going to try with Player API and Smart Moving disabled. Perhaps it is something wrong with the recognition of the stone I am using? Like some kind of tags are borked? I must admit I know little about coding; but I will try several different things. I am assuming it is on my end now, so I will test out a few things, but this may not be a bug, just me...

Edit: Tested on 3rd world. Without any other mods. Still cannot get coal and charcoal to work. 9 Coal, 8 Charcoal, firestarters just seem to burn out, and flint and steel just seem to burn up the fuel items in a normal fire, or do nothing at all with the gamerule no-fire thingy you mentioned in other not-bug I posted. Not a major issue since I have a workaround, but if anyone else is having this problem, just use a block of coal.

The inaccessable due to rain thingy other guy mentioned, and the initial forge not lighting properly that you have mentioned are mildly annoying, but certainly not the end of the world. If you have any ideas on what is possibly wrong on my end, I would appreciate it!

Thanks again!

Oh, are you throwing the items into the hole? You need to place the charcoal by right clicking it.

Edit: From the forge page on the wiki:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/Forge

If you are using coal, craft the 9 pieces into a vanilla coal block and place the coal block in the hole. Use the firestarter on the block of coal. It may take a few (or a lot) of tries, but it should eventually transform the block into a forge.

If you wish to use charcoal, place 8 pieces by right-clicking until you have a full block where the hole used to be. Use the firestarter on the block of charcoal. It may take a few (or a lot) of tries, but it should eventually transform the block into a forge.

I stop playing this mod for 4 months or so, and I forget this...I'm just going to go learn how to read, I have become a modern day, information overloaded skimmer...

Problem solved, user error and lack of reading skills.

I'm going to jump into some lava now.

Thank you muchly! Lesson: Read every detail.