Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aliceingame

[32/64x][TFC 79] Alice Japanese Pack [0.13]

4 posts in this topic

Alice Japanese Pack

Posted Image

The goal of this resource pack is to give a Japanese touch to TFC. It mostly change the GUI, but also add some special items and a new language (Japan Englis) to match the item textures.

All the GUI are 64x and the items are 32x. I want the GUI to look good and the item to fit with other 32x  textures and ressource packs.

As this resource pack is not a complete resource pack, you are invited to mix and match the parts you want. I myself use a mix of original TFC, Blockhead, and Faithful. You might notice that the shadow in the gui slots (like charcoal in the forge) come from one of these packs.

I am not the original artist of any of the bacground images, I only mixed everything together. You will find a list with the source of most of the content used to make this modpack.

You are invited to make propositon of background images.

Dowload

To dowload, click "file - Save as" or use the command Ctrl + S.

- New: Blue and red katana

Changelog

- New: Katana blades for the two existing Katana, also added in the language file.

- Small tweak to the way transparency was saved on some textures.

- New: Achievement

- Added a new language en_JP, that change the name of some items to give them a japanese name, including the custom texture items from this pack.

- New : Grill

- Tweak: Large vessel, foodprep, Barrel

- Added the arrows on the anvil buttons

- b79 update : Barrel, Skill, Foodprep

- New : Large vessel

- Add calendar background

- New steel sword (katana), tell me if you like it

- New : Knapping, food prep, horse, quiver

- Add Vessel, sluice, firepit background

- New : Mold, skills/health/calendar

- Button texture (using Soartex texture)

-  New : Anvil (test), plan

-  New : Bloomery (blast furnace), firepit, quern, vessel, liquid vessel, no background image.

-  Inventory tabs icon recoloring

- New quiver slot

- New armor shadow

- New : Logpile

- Initial upload.

- Include : Chest, inventory, barrel, forge, nestbox.

Sources

Background : Bamboo wood

General : Item background, Border (based on an old Soartex alternative gui)

Intentory : Temple (lost source), Plum flower, armor shadow

Nestbox : Roosters and hens

Barrel : Pine

Forge : Fudo-Myoo

Logpile : Bamboo

Plan: Munechika

Vessel : Iris

Sluice : Great wave

Firepit : Hell scroll

Horse : Horse

Quiver : Archer

Calendar : Pagoda

Planned : armor

Planned

- Blue and Red Katana

- Normal, Black, Blue and Red Katana

- Maybe Normal, Black, Blue and Red Samurai armor

- Maybe custom zombie

I do really like the look of the GUI's you have.  Very smooth, easy on the eyes and pretty.  Looking forward to what this becomes :)

I do really like the look of the GUI's you have.  Very smooth, easy on the eyes and pretty.  Looking forward to what this becomes :)

Thank you for your comment.

My initial goal was to make the GUI textures. For now, almost all the GUIs have the bamboo wood background (the exceptions are the creative menu and achievement), but I still have to find some background pictures. Once I have the picture, it's only a question of copy/paste and make some adjustement, but finding a nice picture can be tricky.

I don't want to retexture everything, but I want to try on things where I can push the Japanese theme. For now I tried tried to make a katana texture for the steel sword, If I like it, I'll make a black, blue and red version of it. I would also need to make the blades. Next I might work on the steel armors to make them look like samurai armors.

Other than that, I found some nice textures that can be use for zombies. There is a Tengu, and two Oni. As I do not want to edit these, it's possible to save the texture, rename it "zombie" and use it to replace the vanilla zombie texture.

I know that the actual version (0.13) does not include the new food prep gui. As there is not much discussion on this tread, I would like to know if people are interested to get an update (I did made the new food prep gui), I do not want to waste time updating the file on download if nobody is interested.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0