Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
JaySparrow

(Solved for 78.12)[78.11] Crash with index out of bounds (rendering)

13 posts in this topic

Version #: 78.11

Suggested Name: Rendering Crash (java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3)

Suggested Category: Severe

Description: Game crashed after loading a world I plating earlier, don't even get to see tho world.

I still have the game save with me and I can reproduce the crash.

Client crash report:

http://pastebin.com/KeYJZ9Yj

Server crash report:

http://pastebin.com/QNZsT6hN

Sorry if I caused any inconvenience,

JaySparrow

edit: I've corrected it to be the same the template.

Does the crash still happen when you remove Forge Microblocks?

Edit: I also see something about the food prep in the server's log. Do you happen to remember what items were inside of the prep table?

Yes, unfortunately yes.

Here is the new crash reports: (although i think nothing changed, but just to be sure)

Client:http://pastebin.com/W1WufWZ6

Server:http://pastebin.com/zxZjPA5f

Edit: I think the food in the food prep table was: Cooked venison on the first slot, Onions on the second and apple in the third slot. the fourth slot was empty if I am not mistaken.

Ty in advance,

JaySparrow

Alright, we've found and fixed the issue for the server crash report so once 78.12 releases relatively soon that will be fixed. As for the client report, if it wasn't caused by the same bug as the server one, it's likely that you might have too many detailed blocks in the area.

Ok thank you very much for everything.What should I change in the topic, do I put in solved?

Edit: Is there anything I should avoid for the bug on the food prep?

Ty once again,

JaySparrow

The changed title is perfect. Obviously if you are still crashing in 78.12 (which is now released) go ahead and update it again and give us a fresh report.

There's nothing you need to do to avoid the bug on the food prep, we forgot to add in a check for if it was the server or the client when sending a packet, and that's what caused the crash.

You can just change the title. Does the crash happen immediately when the world loads, or just when you get close to that area? The problem is definitely a food prep block, and the server report even gives its coordinates: 5101,150,-10732

There must be something inside of it that's causing the crash, like a piece of food with no weight or something. If the crash happens just after a short period of time, and not immediately on world load, try and get to that block and take out what is inside of it. Otherwise I believe there are other methods you can use to check the tags inside the tile entity such as MCEdit, or digging through region files with an NBT editor.

It would be helpful for us to know what was inside so we can figure out what exactly was causing the crash, but if all else fails you should be able to fix the problem by just changing the blockID number for the food prep in the TFC.cfg A quick search through the IDs and it looks like 2058 is the closest open one. So you can change the ID to 2058, run the world and see if it doesn't crash, and then change it back to 2023 so you don't have to worry about other clients having conflicting config files. Note however that you will get an ID Mismatch error when you load the world, and that every food prep block will turn to air and anything inside of it will be destroyed.

Hello again, and I am sorry for the delay, but I've got it.

Here is a link to the images showing the info inside the food prep:

This is a print (could n't figure out how to copy everything) of the NTBexplorer showing the content of the food prep block (the block is alone because I extracted it with MCEdit into a .schgematic file) :

http://tinypic.com/r/2ccwcnt/8

Hope it helps,

JaySparrow

The item in the 4th slot has no weight or decay. It's a pre-78 food item and actually can't be used to create meals, and eating it won't do anything either. That's what is causing the crash. Looking at the ID, I'm going to assume that it's an egg since you forgot to add the image links to your post.

I'll add more validation checks to the slot code to try and prevent even being able to put these items in the food prep, as well as work more on finding the source of the bugged food item.

Edit: Nevermind, that's the bowl slot.

Your server crash makes 0 sense and you're the only person that has this issue so far. So my immediate assumption is that your installation is bad somehow. The line of code throwing the exception literally cannot be reached on a server. hence why no one else seems to be reporting this. If your issue is continuing to persist across worlds then its definitely something in your installation that is borked. How or what is beyond me.

The same thing applies to your client crash. The detailed blocks code has been functioning perfectly for months.

Ok I will redownload everyting just to be sure and delete the crashing block.Thank You very much for all the help and attention, I love the mod and if there is anything I could do for you guys please don't hesitate to ask since you all have been very helpful to me. 

JaySparrow.

Hello again and sorry for the disturbing you guys again.

So I've run some tests here and this is what I found out:

The crash on the server is not the problem. When I delete the food prep block  the server stop crashing but the client still crashes due to the detailed blocks. So after that I recovered the backup i had and only deleted the detailed blocks on the I had (only 4 so no big deal) and then nothing crashed, neither the server nor the client.

I've narrowed down which detailed block is causing the crash and i am trying to reproduce to see if it causes anymore crashes also if you would like i can post the full NBT tags of the block here but it is probably a bad install as you suggested, because I've had this sculpture for a while now and saved and loaded and nothing had happened until now.

Ty once gain,

JaySparrow