Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
crafter15

House tutorial - nice, easy, midgame

10 posts in this topic

This is my new "second" or "third" house, that replaces the typical starting latrine architecture.

It's intended for midgame, where you have a pickaxe, saw and a (couple of) chisel. However, the basic framework can be done earlier, even out of straw, and replaced later on as tools become available (though for Holy Charged Creeper's sake don't make it out of raw wood logs).

Essentially it's the same old box house that can be built very fast. The cool chisel mechanics allow us to add nice decorations that make it look less like an eyesore while we do stuff. I'm not a roof person, so my roofing is simple, but you can add the traditional minecraft roofs if you like. I don't make youtube videos (if anyone wants to make one it would be nice), so click on spoilers below to see the step-by-step instructions.

Plank blocks: 90ish

Dark blocks (base): 230ish

Dark blocks (decoration): 106ish

Light blocks: 96ish

Preview:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The roof glows at night, which is pretty nice:

Posted Image

Interior example:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Step-by-step guide (part 1):

1. Build the basic frame out of dark blocks like this. You can change the double chimney if you like.

Posted Image

2. Build the window frames out of light blocks like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

3. Build the chimneys with the dark blocks:

Posted Image

4. Place the floor planks and fill the windows with glass panes:

Posted Image

5. Connect the two window frames with light blocks:

Posted Image

6. Build a doorway:

Posted Image

7. Build an ugly roof out of dark blocks:

Posted Image

8. Place the doors from the iside of the house:

Posted Image

9. Now it's time to use the chisel. Get on the roof and slab (4 chisel hits) it like this:

Posted Image

Step-by-step guide (part 2):

10. Slab the chimney, and the roof is finished:

Posted Image

Posted Image

11. Place two dark and light blocks in front of the door and slab them to make a stair. I did only two hits with the chisel on the side of the light blocks:

Posted Image

12. Place bushes and two dark blocks under the window, slab the two blocks:

Posted Image

Posted Image

13. Use the Stair Mode of the chisel on the bottom dark block, and slab everything above that:

Posted Image

14. Use the Stair mode on the dark blocks above the door (upside down), and the Detail Mode to chisel the corners of the blocks near the bushes:

Posted Image

15. Place 6 dark blocks above the door and slab them:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Step-by-step guide (part 3):

16. Place 5 dark blocks at the corner, make a stair out of the bottom one and slab everything above, including 4 hits from the top:

Posted Image

Posted Image

17. The actual corner needs a lot of chiseling. Place a dark block next to the stair you just made and use the Detail Mode to chisel it like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

18. Place dark blocks above the corner, and slab them:

Posted Image

Posted Image

19. Again, dark blocks to the top, stairs at the bottom and slabs above it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

20. Slab and chisel a block next to the stair, and make a line of slabs under the window. Repeat the above for all four corners of the house.

Posted Image

21. Make a slab line around the chimney, and you're done with the outer side of the house:

Posted Image

From there on, it's easy to make further decisions. I built my forges in the basement (expanding downwards), but you can do it right on the first floor.

nice chisel work/design. Like it.

This mod is really great for detailed designs.

Very nice looking house from outside.

Looking at this a year later, and god do those stone walls look ugly... I really thought it looked nice at the time (although I guess it's an ok midgame build).

Has there been any aesthetic blocks added to the mod since then? Would be nice to try this with a smoother textures.

Looking at this a year later, and god do those stone walls look ugly... I really thought it looked nice at the time (although I guess it's an ok midgame build).

Has there been any aesthetic blocks added to the mod since then? Would be nice to try this with a smoother textures.

I think the stone brick looks good. However, if you're looking for something smoother, try raw stone. Sure, it takes awhile to mine it out, but it sure is worth it. I did this with the schist stone.

I don't think we have anything else to build with other than wood and stone.

well to me I think it looks great, and much better than anything I could make :)  I suck at making nice homes lol so I definitely appreciate this guide and you for posting it ^.^

what type of rocks did you use to make the bricks?