Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
schneidaren

world gen balanced?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am playing 0.78.16.

The map making do not seem to be balanced. I have travelled for 10 days now and found no large animals (to create bed) and no fruit. Is this a bug or is it supposed to be this hard? I am now only 600 away from z (equator?) so I figure it should be warmer and more fruit and animals etc but no.

Is there a more balanced, more stable version of TFC that I can try? Where can I find it?

As a workaround I found a world seed that I am using. Good starting location.

Great mod! Excited about MC again after a long break.

Thanks

I am now only 600 away from z (equator?) so I figure it should be warmer and more fruit and animals etc but no.

You have to be at least about 4000 away from the eequator before you start seeing any trees; in my experience you have to go considerably further before you start seein fruit trees (or any tree other than the kapok/acacia jungles)

Starting near the equator (+-4000) is challenging and not all resources are there. A better starting position is in the range +-8000 to +-14000. Winter starts to have an effect (with ice and snow) from about 10k and higher. At 14k and higher i think winters can last quite a while. Might be something i will try next.

The animal spawns do sometimes seem a little bit light (although I expect there will be a big update at some point in the future to the animal spawning and variety, since I get the feeling Bioxx is working on various aspects of this), personally I'd be inclined to tweak the number up a little bit (not a lot, just a tweak more than anything else).

My experiences to date are:

(1) Never found any Temperate Forests

(2) Never found any Boreal Forests

(3) Never found any Jungles

(4) Only found one small Desert (an island as it happens)

(5) I have found quite a few "High Plains", but no "Normal" ones (from what I can see cows don't appear to spawn in the "High" ones)

(6) Founds lots and lots and lots of Swamps, Mountains, Rivers and Beaches

From an animal perspective this means I haven't seen any Cows or Chickens ever alas  :(

That said; perhaps I just haven't played enough (just on winter 2 of my second world).

Although I have ranged pretty extensively:

(a) From 10,000 to 2,000 z

(B) From 2,000 to -2000 x (although not the full width for the full range of z)

Presumably time will tell.

Franbo

Something to keep in mind, you're never going to see the words "Temperate Forest, Boreal Forest or Jungle" on the F3 menu for biomes. The words used on the climate page are simply ways of easily representing the different climates instead of having to write "Chickens spawn in areas where Temperature is 28 to 44 and rainfall is greater than 1500"

Hmm, good to know.

I may well have come across the forests then, alas no chickens :-)