Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Soulrakyn

Acacia bugs

3 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone,

I found some bugs regarding acacia trees and acacia made barrels.

Regarding trees, when you use a scythe on the leaves, it doesn´t behave like in the other trees, that you simply click with the scythe and automatically cut the leaves, instead, you gotta scythe it like if you were punching the tree with your hand, although when it breaks I think the effect of the cut 3x3 is made. Also I can´t get any saplings from those trees. :(

Now the barrels, when you shift right click with a bucket full of water to fill it, it doesn´t do a thing, you have to manually fill them by opening the interface of the acacia barrel and put the bucket in it to work.

From the FAQ page: http://terrafirmacraft.com/faq.html

Why can't I find Kapok or Acacia saplings? 
It is a design decision to make getting kapok/acacia saplings impossible. This is partially a balance issue (I know I could let you have small trees if I wanted), but it also has two other reasons behind it.
It introduces a concept to lumber that is lacking, scarcity. You might have all the wood you could need for a while if you start in a jungle biome but you'll find out sooner or later that it all goes away and you'll never again have purple planks unless you find another jungle.
It also raises awareness to the very real problem that we face on earth of our jungles being wiped out by systematic logging. (I'm no tree-hugger, but this sad).

I haven't tested the other bugs, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are true, since Dunk forgot a lot of things when he added the new acacia trees and wood. I'll look into it, and it should be fixed for the next build.

I have not posted this, but I had noticed that you can't shift R click on Acacia barrels to add more water. They work on all the other ones. Hope this helps.

Edited by Kittychanley
Duplicate report, merged into older existing one.