Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
dead91

[32x][0.78.17][v3 FIX]Faithful TFC textures + DEV Build! 9.6.2014

178 posts in this topic

Cool!I do graphics design myself, however I have no clue about texture working, and especially not pixelated ones :-/

Cool!I do graphics design myself, however I have no clue about texture working, and especially not pixelated ones :-/

Well you could work on some blocks, like the thatch block, theres so many random pixels in there just like the stone blocks. Someone is working on cobblestone for me and he does it with layers and such (photoshop) and i have no clue of that. Im more the pixel guy but most of the blocks in TFC are more for people like you. You should try it yourself, again i suggest blocks. ^^ you can send them to me via skype (offdead91) or here if you want to my opinion of them. and if you want i could then put them in the pack

Call me n00b, but I installed the ResourcePack and I don't see any difference at all?

I tried

[1.6.4][v3]Faithful TFC textures - 0.78.17.zip

and

[v3]TFC DEV build - 0.78.17.zip

I can choose the Resource Packs, but it just looks vanilla.

Call me n00b, but I installed the ResourcePack and I don't see any difference at all?

I tried

[1.6.4][v3]Faithful TFC textures - 0.78.17.zip

and

[v3]TFC DEV build - 0.78.17.zip

I can choose the Resource Packs, but it just looks vanilla.

Its probably because you havent installed the original faithful textures. Since this is only a texture addon to it you will need it for all vanilla MC textures. 

And the main problem you need it is because it has a mcdata file in and that recognizes all textures and the texture pack on its own.

Im still working on that file, cant really figure out why my file doesnt work! but the textures work for me if i put the assets folder into the faithful texture pack. 

also wrote this on the thread fyi

Download the original Faithful32x32 textures here

You will need these to fill the spaces, where TFC uses the normal minecraft textures

Also you need this to let the textures work. Im still figuring out why it doesn't work alone.

I downloaded the Original and it only changed the font. I extracted the files in the ASSET folder from the TFC version and put them into the ASSET folder of the Original and still the only difference was the font.

I am using a profile just for TFC that is using Version 1.6.4

EDIT: Well, call me a liar! I rebooted my computer and now it is working. I told you I was a n00b!

I ran into the same problem. What I did was simply copy the mcdata file from another, working texture pack into the archive of this texture pack. In MC this texture pack hence shows up (under a different name) but seems to work just fine.

I ran into the same problem. What I did was simply copy the mcdata file from another, working texture pack into the archive of this texture pack. In MC this texture pack hence shows up (under a different name) but seems to work just fine.

yeah the issue with my mcdata file is known. people have been complaining and asking for help on irc already. still figuring out why my mcdata file doesnt work.

Although again you should just be able to use the mcdata file from the faithful32x texture pack for vanilla MC. 

Thanks mate. I found a bug in the release version which can be easily fixed. The png files for the red and blue steel buckets are broken. What you need to do is resize them from 33x32 to 32x32. That fixed it for me.

Thanks mate. I found a bug in the release version which can be easily fixed. The png files for the red and blue steel buckets are broken. What you need to do is resize them from 33x32 to 32x32. That fixed it for me.

alright >_> i thought ive fixed this already. okay stupid mistake by me

EDIT: Alright released a fixed version

Hello. You should probably make it clearer on how to actually merge the 2 packs together. I had to try in many ways until I finally got the correct one. Keep up the good work :)

Hello. You should probably make it clearer on how to actually merge the 2 packs together. I had to try in many ways until I finally got the correct one. Keep up the good work :)

Merging packs isnt really that difficult i think. Just (i use 7zip btw) open the original faithful 32x textures and my pack at the same time. drag and drop my content of my zip pack into his one and done. 

I dunno, maybe you deleted your normal assets folder when copying my content into the faithful32 pack

I dragged and dropped the contents of your pack into the original pack using winrar at first, a few times. Then I started trying other things, and what finally worked was unzipping your pack and dropping the terrafirmacraft in the assets folder. By not unzipping first, it would create an "assets_" folder and not work.

I had that issue too but could not remember if that was how WinRAR behaves.

I've just noticed: in a biome the clay doesn't match the dirt color

Edit: woops, someone doesn't know how to add screenshots to the forums

http://imgur.com/a5ZHcR7

Edit2: great success.

I've just noticed: in a biome the clay doesn't match the dirt color

Edit: woops, someone doesn't know how to add screenshots to the forums

http://imgur.com/a5ZHcR7

Edit2: great success.

Yeah my fault. names of the pngs got switched way back and i didnt properly port the stuff. maybe ziat007 can fix it soon since im not really got at recolloring

Your old textures link doesn't work, otherwise I could fix the dirt alignment issue. It looks like you accidentally deleted the Chert dirt texture instead of the Siltstone one, and that shift was applied to the nearby textures. So the one currently named chert is actually claystone dirt, the claystone is actually conglomerate dirt, and the conglomerate is actually the old the siltstone dirt and should be deleted.

If you could provide a new link to the older pack before those files were deleted, I can fix it for you and upload a new version.

Your old textures link doesn't work, otherwise I could fix the dirt alignment issue. It looks like you accidentally deleted the Chert dirt texture instead of the Siltstone one, and that shift was applied to the nearby textures. So the one currently named chert is actually claystone dirt, the claystone is actually conglomerate dirt, and the conglomerate is actually the old the siltstone dirt and should be deleted.

If you could provide a new link to the older pack before those files were deleted, I can fix it for you and upload a new version.

Alright im just gonna give you all my folders with the downloads. i guess i got the link wrong then everytime lol ^^ theres a share button for the folder that i didnt see

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rzaelx9h06jk4/Old_TFC_Downloads

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9wqcjunkcq277/OLD_Download

pretty sure its in here tho

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/35gjrvbw8dy0m/Daily_olds

EDIT: And thanks Kitty. Im kinda busy right now and cant really make textures atm. Finishing school in 2 weeks so after that I'll have time again! :)

EDIT2: Btw could you check my mcmeta file and see if i've done everything right there?

Sent you a PM with the fixed pack. All the dirt, sand, farmland and clay should match now, and I fixed the unzipping problem of it creating a _assets folder instead of just assets. There was also an extra space in your mcmeta file, which is why it wasn't working.

Posted Image

I used 7zip instead of win rar to get rid of _assets problem

It also unzipped faster than in winrar cause winrar was "fixing" the bug

@Edit:

also wood is not textured properly ( hickory have maple texture )

in the corn ground thexture, the bottom dust are the color or rye and not corn.

and wheat and wheat grain use the same texture (i fixed it in TFC a long time ago)

There are some issues with snow on blocks that have like torches and a few other things, ill try to screenshot it next winter, its showing a checker pattern texture on the missing texture.

There are some issues with snow on blocks that have like torches and a few other things, ill try to screenshot it next winter, its showing a checker pattern texture on the missing texture.

That is a problem with Optifine, and not with any texture packs. You need to turn off BetterSnow.

I can send some screenshots if you like, just ask what you want too see and I'll do it :D Also, my PC can handle shaderpacks so I'm up for that if you want.

That is a problem with Optifine, and not with any texture packs. You need to turn off BetterSnow.

Tnx, seems that i indeed turned that to "on" in a brain fart somewhere down the line .... :facepalm: