Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jointertron

WIP semi realistic 32x texture pack Looking for opinions.

18 posts in this topic

Hello all I just started on my texture pack and got the granite to the point that I think I can show it to people. Please tell me what you think. :)

Posted Image

These are the textures I have finished so far. I'll post some in-game shots when I get up in the morning. Right now though, I need some sleep.

too bad that the image doesn't show. try uploading it somewhere else and re-embedding

will do. I'm going to wait until i have more to show though. Also, it's weird that it's not there because it was a few hours ago. O.o

yeah photobucket will do that sometime. its the main reason i stopped using it

Upload it straight to the forums I have the space and bandwidth for it.

Okay so I have finished all of the Stone, cobble, brick, and smooth stone and now im stuck on the ores. The transparency is COMPLETELY fucked and it's really starting to piss me off.

Example:

The image is a gif which is why you see pixels bugging out, the real issue is that its not layering over the granite next to it.

Posted Image

Please someone help me this is driving me nuts.

TY

What do you mean layering on the granite next to it? Are the blocks next to the ore supposed to have another texture? Also, it may be the alpha channel. You need to be careful when resizing - I personally hand paint everything including the alpha channel to make sure it works (and test everything after painting nearly every texture.

Okay so I have finished all of the Stone, cobble, brick, and smooth stone and now im stuck on the ores. The transparency is COMPLETELY fucked and it's really starting to piss me off.

Example:

The image is a gif which is why you see pixels bugging out, the real issue is that its not layering over the granite next to it.

Posted Image

Please someone help me this is driving me nuts.

TY

Dude im getting this too with my texture pack. i believe we have to wait for some information from biox.

Not much we can change now.

What do you mean layering on the granite next to it? Are the blocks next to the ore supposed to have another texture? Also, it may be the alpha channel. You need to be careful when resizing - I personally hand paint everything including the alpha channel to make sure it works (and test everything after painting nearly every texture.

The stone next to the ore IS granite and the ore should be on granite blocks but the texture under the ore is the wrong texture. Also, WTF is alpha channel you're the second person to mention that to me and I have no idea what that even means.

I spoke to Bioxx about this and he said that it is an issue with the code. Moreover, this only seems to happen in SMP. When I checked the ores in my SSP world they were showing the proper stone in the transparent area of the ore texture.

Alpha channel = transparency level

At least that's what is was in photoshop last time I used it... which was CS2 so yeah...Trying to think back to then... I believe you had to save files in a specific way to keep any sections of pictures see-through.

Honestly i dont think people should create new posts if they havent got any pics on them or any downloads links or if they just started the proccess of making the texturepack or such....

Honestly i dont think people should create new posts if they havent got any pics on them or any downloads links or if they just started the proccess of making the texturepack or such....

The title says WIP (work in progress). I will be adding pics as I go and getting peoples opinions. Honestly, I don't think people should create posts that aren't constructive, have nothing to do with the thread that they are in and have horrible grammar. Oh wait you've done that twice now. Once here and once in the announcements thread...... You should stop doing that.

SORRY for the bad spelling... I'm terrible at spelling cos english is my secound language...

I don't really care about the bad spelling. I care that you make posts just for the sake of making posts. Say something constructive or don't say anything.

Yes, alpha is the transparency of an image. It's not just a Photoshop term, it's a general/industry term as well. Presumably, the alpha channel needs to be pure black for transparent or pure white for opaque (I think - my work computer is a little dated so it might just be me). So the ores need to have their own pattern/color and then the rest transparent: pure black in the alpha channel so that the rock it's on shows through.

There is actually nothing wrong with my alpha channel. I was talking to Bioxx and he said the issue I'm having has something to do with the coding. Sure enough I checked my textures in SSP and they are working fine. It's only in SMP that they are bugged. Same with the stock textures. This made me SOO much less frustrated. Nothing is worse than trying to fix something you think that you are doing wrong when you actually haven't and don't know it lol. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Oh wow that's good to know lol. I bet that was a relief hahaha. I totally understand what you mean.